What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sitting on the front porch reading on a 70° day, but this cute little Downy Woodpecker keeps distracting me. The feeder is only six or seven feet away from the rocker.

Other than busted pride and bruising, I seem to be fine. The bruises on the face are awful though.
I hope you're looking better after losing your fight with that mean dresser, Kathleen. IMG_20210311_154215084~2.jpg

I am also sitting on the porch, on a 75-degree day - isn't it lovely CG?

I've been watching our sugar maple bloom over the, past couple of weeks. See that green clump in the center-left? Mistletoe [emoji8] [emoji16]

I am also sitting on the porch, on a 75-degree day - isn't it lovely CG?

I've been watching our sugar maple bloom over the, past couple of weeks. See that green clump in the center-left? Mistletoe [emoji8] [emoji16]

So, it's almost tiny propellers time. :LOL:

When I lived in California, we would see lots of mistletoe in trees. Easy to spot it in winter, while the trees are nekkid. But, it was always far up the tree and unreachable, unlike your clump. (unless I'm misjudging the height by a lot)

I'm chatting with Amazon help. Good grief, it takes forever, or at least feels like it, to get a response to a question.

My husband has Amazon Prime. I want to know if it is possible to share the benefits in Canada. In the US there is something called Amazon Household, but that isn't available in Canada. Seems it isn't available here, without signing in to his account. Oh well. It took about 20 minutes to get this answer. grr

So, it's almost tiny propellers time. [emoji38]

When I lived in California, we would see lots of mistletoe in trees. Easy to spot it in winter, while the trees are nekkid. But, it was always far up the tree and unreachable, unlike your clump. (unless I'm misjudging the height by a lot)
My porch is about five feet off the ground, so the view is a little misleading. The mistletoe is about 10-12 feet up, I'd guess. DH used to gather it for me to take to Martha Stewart Night with the master gardeners, when we would make holiday wreaths and swags to sell at the farmers market.

My porch is about five feet off the ground, so the view is a little misleading. The mistletoe is about 10-12 feet up, I'd guess. DH used to gather it for me to take to Martha Stewart Night with the master gardeners, when we would make holiday wreaths and swags to sell at the farmers market.
I guess I was estimating 7-9 feet above the ground. Low enough that a tall person might be able to reach without a ladder or with just a crate or something to stand on. By comparison, the stuff I used to see was probably 20 or more feet above the ground and usually somewhere you couldn't climb to (skinny part of the branch or trunk).

I guess I was estimating 7-9 feet above the ground. Low enough that a tall person might be able to reach without a ladder or with just a crate or something to stand on. By comparison, the stuff I used to see was probably 20 or more feet above the ground and usually somewhere you couldn't climb to (skinny part of the branch or trunk).
Most of it is like that. DH would take a long-handled pair of shears and stand in the bed of his pickup to gather them for us [emoji16]

The houses across the street are now hidden by blowing snow. Kind of eerie to only see 6 feet across my yard. Stephen King moments for sure.

Crafting!!

I haven't been "crafting" much in the past several months,
not really sure why ... I can't even think when was the last time I Painted Rocks ... I love to make things!

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

I had this idea last year, but never got around to executing it.

Dollar Tree special! All components were $1USD
Little Girl Wings, made out of mess, glitter and rhinestones
A foam circle
3 bunches of Plastic Flowers

How stinkin' adorable is that?
I was going to hang it on the front window, but it's far too windy and those little fairy wings would definitely fly away :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom