What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I noticed our cellar freezer was pretty full. Seems like bags of chicken bones were taking up a lot of space. So I grabbed my 20-quart stockpot, emptied all the frozen bones into it and brought it all up to the kitchen.

Right now the kitchen smells like a big pot of soup! The bones will simmer until about 4:00PM or so, then the bones come out of the pot, I reduce the stock and put it out on the deck overnight to cool. Then it's portioned and frozen for a winter full of yummy soups.

I noticed our cellar freezer was pretty full. Seems like bags of chicken bones were taking up a lot of space. So I grabbed my 20-quart stockpot, emptied all the frozen bones into it and brought it all up to the kitchen.

Right now the kitchen smells like a big pot of soup! The bones will simmer until about 4:00PM or so, then the bones come out of the pot, I reduce the stock and put it out on the deck overnight to cool. Then it's portioned and frozen for a winter full of yummy soups.

That's exactly what I'm doing today, simmering bones and veggies to can chicken stock tomorrow.

I am so sorry to hear of your SO's sister. Sending positive thoughts to your whole family.

I just put on the Instant Pot with it filled with
Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup.

I saw the recipe on Pinch of yum, but not with the Chicken in it,
I thought it needed Chicken, mainly because one of the local
restaurants makes it that way and Mom & I really like
that soup.

Fingers crossed ... :chef:

I was watching a You Tube video of a couple in Japan that I follow,
and the Mister was talking about real prepared Wasabi vs the
fake stuff.
I've been buying the fake stuff my entire life! :ermm:
So I took a screen shot of the Japanese characters and
saved it to my phone, so that the next time that we
went to the Asian Market, I could find it.

WELL!

That's not happening any time soon, so I started to
search the WWW and

I FOUND IT!!!

I hope at least, that is. :)

It's suppose to be here by Thanksgiving... can you say sushi for Black Friday ;)

Current status:

IMG_20211113_171932236_HDR.jpg

Couldn't sleep this morning. Woke up 3 hours earlier than usual. So I got up and disassembled my first turkey. I now have two individually wrapped boneless breasts, a package with two boneless thighs sealed and in the freezer for future meals.

I took apart the carcass and broke the the leg and wing bones and roasted the lot. Then into the pot with mirepoix etc. for a long simmer-about 4-4½ hours. Later I'll strain out the bones, skim off the fat and freeze the resulting stock for Thanksgiving preparations.

Got covid so I've been in quarantine in the camper all week. Finally feeling better and getting my taste back. I started out in the basement but Zane got it also and we only have the one couch down there so I let him the basement and moved out to the camper. I get out of quarantine tomorrow so far Noone else has gotten it.

Got covid so I've been in quarantine in the camper all week. Finally feeling better and getting my taste back. I started out in the basement but Zane got it also and we only have the one couch down there so I let him the basement and moved out to the camper. I get out of quarantine tomorrow so far Noone else has gotten it.

Oh, dear! So sorry to hear that you've been ailing. Glad you are healing and almost back to normal!

Back
Top Bottom