What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While I intended to (and got dressed for) doing more gardening today, I decided to watch the last Ellen show today. I'm not a talk show watching kind of person, except for Rachael Ray - and mostly just the cooking segment except for the shows she does from home. But a dear, close friend of our son has been the Production Designer for the last three years and I'm hoping Kristen is brought out pn the stage at the end.

Maybe I'll garden after...or probably not.

I decided to make cucumbers and sour cream for tonight's supper. Who needs a mandoline when you have mad knife skills like this?
IMG_20220530_160140144.jpg

We have been working at emptying out our freezer in the basement so we'd have room for other foods.

I was searching for something in the freezer yesterday for a dinner and moved a lot of stuff around. At one point I realized I had a huge pile of frozen chicken bones that took up ⅔ of a shelf.

So I decided to make stock today. I emptied the bones into a 20-quart stockpot. Found some frozen carrots and celery in the freezer compartment of the fridge, added onion, garlic, peppercorns and it's been simmering since Noon.

I hope to get a gallon of concentrated stock I can freeze in quart freezer bags for soups. After all, I have to fill that empty space in the freezer.

Last edited:
We have been working at emptying out our freezer in the basement so we'd have room for other foods.

I was searching for something in the freezer yesterday for a dinner and moved a lot of stuff around. At one point I realized I had a huge pile of frozen chicken bones that took up ⅔ of a shelf.

So I decided to make stock today. I emptied the bones into a 20-quart stockpot. Found some frozen carrots and celery in the freezer compartment of the fridge, added onion, garlic, peppercorns and it's been simmering since Noon.

I hope to get a gallon of concentrated stock I can freeze in quart freezer bags for soups. After all, I have to fill that empty space in the freezer.

Must be in the air, or water, that is what I did yesterday. Still have the jars on the counter. I got 11 quarts and 1 pint of chicken stock. Looks like we used the same recipe too.

Attachments

• IMG_4224.jpg
    IMG_4224.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 21
I made 2 1/2 quarts rhubarb/strawberry compote in fridge. I also have 1 quart cleaned and cut raw rhubarb in the freezer.

Did groceries today, all good stuff in the house. Fed the kitties. Cooked up their new Raw Wild food with a touch of bacon grease to get them interested (how on earth they're not interested in elk or deer is beyond me!), fed The Man a toasted bagel with lox and cream cheese, and made whole wheat spaghetti Alfredo w/meatballs for myself.

Day is done, sink is sparkling, cast iron seasoned, all is right in our corner of the desert.

Trying to use new phone, [emoji43]*[emoji94] whlie waiting on new computer.
Good luck.
I had to replace my computer a few months back. This Win 11. Not much different from Win 10 EXCEPT no CD/DVD drive (had to get stand alone to install some software plus to listen to music etc.), and had to replace some software that wouldn't work with Win 11 even though the OS is basically the same as Win 10. Which is a bit annoying.

Good luck.
I had to replace my computer a few months back. This Win 11. Not much different from Win 10 EXCEPT no CD/DVD drive (had to get stand alone to install some software plus to listen to music etc.), and had to replace some software that wouldn't work with Win 11 even though the OS is basically the same as Win 10. Which is a bit annoying.

My previous Mac had an optical reader slot for CDs. I copied a ton of music onto my hard drive so now I can listen to music from my laptop and phone and don't have to depend on a CD drive. My current MacBook has no CD drive.

While you have that stand alone drive, you should think about doing the same.

Copying from LPs and cassettes is another issue I'm trying to tackle but lack the motivation.

Back
Top Bottom