What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just took a survey on migraine triggers and one listed (which I marked) is staring at TV and computer screens. Completing the survey puts you in a draw to win.....an IPad! :wacko:

Have you ever done a health canada survey? They send you gift cards... :w00t:

I just took a survey on migraine triggers and one listed (which I marked) is staring at TV and computer screens. Completing the survey puts you in a draw to win.....an IPad! :wacko:

The site probably belongs to a company that sells migraine cures. :glare:

Working the 'hood yard sale. I'm in with my neighbor, who is truly the Queen of yard sales. She's amazing to watch in action!

Real glad it's friday! Feels pretty good to sit with my feet up, sounds like we're ordering pizza delivery tonight.

I'm waiting for pizza delivery. Stirling isn't feeling so good and pizza is the one food he can usually eat when is tummy is delicate. The eggs he had earlier didn't agree with him.

taxlady said:
You have weekday yard sales? We only see them around here on weekends.

Yep. One of the new neighbors, also a yard sale Queen, set it up. Apparently, Friday night is a good sale time here.

So far, I've sold nada, but I am not a Queen...oh well, back to work!

The site probably belongs to a company that sells migraine cures. :glare:

I used to work for Wyeth Pharmaceuitical. They would do that to get patients for a new drug they were testing. They also had a plethera of doctors that would enroll their patients. Some programs pay you cash. Some they give prizes, and some are like the previous. You are entered into a drawing. :)

i've been smiling for hours; i think my face is going to crack.
my little league baseball team beat the best team in the league tonight, 3 to 1. the best part was that my son pitched a soreless final inning to record the save, first walking two, but then he struck out the side to seal the win! woohoo!!!
even more amazing was that it was his first time ever pitching. i had no idea he could be a hurler, but the head coach saw something in the way he threw out on the field tonight during warmups.

littla mariano was born today. :D

the head coach awarded him the game ball, so i'm going to write the teams, score, and date on it and pick up one of those little clear plastic boxes so he can keep it on his dresser.

later, i found out that he was voted by the league coaches to be on the all star team. he's gonna be thrilled when i tell him in the morning.

it was a great night for him, and his poor old papa too. ;)

Bucky my son was involved with Little League for more than 30 years. I am going to show him your post. He will be so happy just as I am, for you and your son. I wish I could be there in the stands with you to cheer him on. Sounds like you have one great kid there. Cngratulation Proud Papa! :cool:

I used to work for Wyeth Pharmaceuitical. They would do that to get patients for a new drug they were testing. They also had a plethera of doctors that would enroll their patients. Some programs pay you cash. Some they give prizes, and some are like the previous. You are entered into a drawing. :)
Addie, my Dad worked for Wyeth as a detailer for many years, first in Northern Saskatchewan traveling 5 days a week meeting with doctors, giving them samples, getting feedback, etc. He got a transfer when I was 7 out here to B.C. where his route was tighter and he came home nights. He went back to being a pharmacist, buying his own business, which he had until he retired.

I don't know when you worked for them or with what products but I was one of the first babies to be fed SMA! I turned out all right so it must have been good! :angel:

thanks dawg, taxy, lp, andy, k.t.h., and addie (about my boy).

as i've said before, he's such a good kd that he makes being a dad easy and fun.

wow, is he having a good week. he pitched yesterday, got 7 belt loops and 3 arrow points (like merit badges) awarded tonight at cub scouts, and monday he finds out that he's student of the year for his second grade class.

and he was tested to have an i.q. of 130, so the school strongly suggested he goes into the "gifted" classes again next year.

i prayed a lot just to have a good kid. i guess they do get answered sometimes...

i dunno, it must be me, but the more he accomplishes the more afraid that something will go wrong. gotta keep him grounded, like my grands, dad and brother before me.

Last edited:
BT, with you for a dad the kid is golden. Keep doing what you're doing and you all will be fine.

Make sure he can handle adversity. Things come more easily for gifted kids and they sometimes grow up not being equipped to handle a failure.

Andy M. said:
BT, with you for a dad the kid is golden. Keep doing what you're doing and you all will be fine.

Make sure he can handle adversity. Things come more easily for gifted kids and they sometimes grow up not being equipped to handle a failure.

+1.

Very well said, Andy!

Last edited:
Like Andy said. And let him work for the things he wants in life. Just don't hand everything to him. Just follow the rules your father used on you, and he will turn out fine. Raising a gifted child is a challenge. I know. I had two of them. Both of them boys. The youngest one is practicing emergency medicine. The other one can build you a house all by himself and is also a computer geek. He builds computers for the family. He has his own contracting business They both gave me aggravation galore. But their accomplishments can only make me prouder each day. And your son will do the same for you. It already sounds like you and your wife are on the right track. Good luck. :angel:

thanks dawg, taxy, lp, andy, k.t.h., and addie (about my boy).

as i've said before, he's such a good kd that he makes being a dad easy and fun.

wow, is he having a good week. he pitched yesterday, got 7 belt loops and 3 arrow points (like merit badges) awarded tonight at cub scouts, and monday he finds out that he's student of the year for his second grade class.

and he was tested to have an i.q. of 130, so the school strongly suggested he goes into the "gifted" classes again next year.

i prayed a lot just to have a good kid. i guess they do get answered sometimes...

i dunno, it must be me, but the more he accomplishes the more afraid that something will go wrong. gotta keep him grounded, like my grands, dad and brother before me.

Sorry I missed answering your original post, BT. But I did read it the other night and was so excited for you and your boy! Looks like your Father's Day present has come a bit early!:)

Back
Top Bottom