What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been trip planning. One coming up with my sister. Another around the holidays. Off to see friends in Seattle at some point. And then, we have booked an Alaskan trip that includes going into the Artic Circle in late winter. (I want to go ice fishing.)

Many years ago, I had a job as a travel agent. The training I received has been useful all my life.

I should have taken photos when we 1st arrived instead of after we unpacked and our stuff is everywhere. Oh well.

20230924_101021.jpg

20230924_100946.jpg
16955686597951362361492532917568.jpg
20230924_101602.jpg
20230923_161327.jpg

20230924_101620.jpg

There are 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The 2nd room we are using as my husband's closet basically. It has a double bed and we sleep in the room with the king bed.

Surgery went right, I am in a lot less pain now. I do however have Bronchitis due to the breathing tube, and with my medication getting rid of it might take quite a while. It's been tiring, especially the coughing at night but I am otherwise better than I was!
I am happy to read that the surgery went well and that you are in less pain. Sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery.

We actually have a thread here for health updates.

I am happy to read that the surgery went well and that you are in less pain. Sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery.

No one had posted in it since August of 2022 so it was deeply buried. Would have been hard to find if one didn't know it existed.

Thanks for the link! I might bump it in the future

Nice beach time, Jusa. I'm relaxing just looking at it.

While browsing around, hit on Recipe Tin Eats and found this post. Thought maybe some would be interested in her Top 10 Recipes .
These are recipes she makes with their motto "No One Should Go Hungry" at her Recipe Tin Meals (a food bank) where they make 100,000 meals a year to donate to those in need.

I've copied a few of them. Economical, freezable and just plain yummy.

Last day on vacation. We leave to drive back in the a.m.

Went to a place called Ozone Falls today. It was a steep and tricky hike to get down to the bottom of the Falls (100 feet on a rocky trail) and I discovered how out of shape I am!

Top of the Falls looking down:
IMG_4652.jpg

Midway down the trail:
IMG_4661.jpg

After that we went to the marina beach for an hour. I'm packing up and doing laundry tonight. Also making road food for tomorrow and Sunday morning (we are stopping in Lexington KY tomorrow night). No free breakfast Sunday morning so I'm making pancakes to take (I've got honey, syrup, plastic forks and paper plates).

I really like these resorts with full kitchens. I always bring my seasonings and some other food stuff to offset the cost. We only ate out once in the past week and did very little grocery shopping.

One of the perks of travel for me was being able to eat others cooking. On the road I always chose a restaurant over fast food.

Depending on where and for how long - yes, a kitchen is great. Budget wise it is perfect as food invariably is very expensive compared to "home". But for road travel - nope, not really.

My SIL travels more than any travel Agent LOL - half of her suitcase was always food. She would research prices, availability, etc before going and act on it accordingly. She was usually with a group, They shared cooking, shopping, etc. and had fantastic travels.

One of the perks of travel for me was being able to eat others cooking. On the road I always chose a restaurant over fast food.

Depending on where and for how long - yes, a kitchen is great. Budget wise it is perfect as food invariably is very expensive compared to "home". But for road travel - nope, not really.

My SIL travels more than any travel Agent LOL - half of her suitcase was always food. She would research prices, availability, etc before going and act on it accordingly. She was usually with a group, They shared cooking, shopping, etc. and had fantastic travels.
Ww don't eat fast food. We really don't have the budget right now to go to restaurants and quite often when we have, my husband has told me I could have done it better.

Edited to add we are in the middle of nowhere in the foothills of the mountains and there isn't much around. We have a beautiful 2 bedroom condo with a large balcony and it's got a gorgeous view. We can sit outside and drink wine or cocktails and eat without having to worry about driving steep and winding roads at dusk (or later) with deer running in front of the car, and I can drink with dinner (my husband doesn't see well and I always drive). I think the nearest restaurant is 15 miles or so...

Today when we were hiking i packed a sandwich for us to split with some bottled water to enjoy after our hike. I wouldn't have wanted to go somewhere all sweaty and icky after hiking.

Tomorrow night we are going to be in downtown Lexington so we can walk to a restaurant and splurge.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom