What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trying very hard not to lose my :poop:
DH has been in a horrible mood for days now, and I understand, he's in alot of pain from his back, but ... being mean and snapping at at every word I say ... I stopped talking this evening as to not blow up at him and use every cuss word in the book.
Like I haven't a bad YEAR already, but I don't take it out on anyone else, especially my husband.
Just a few moments ago I said to him, "why am I making you so angry?"
He replied with the most lame answer about I have been picking on him :oops: (it's the other way around there buddy) "okay then I will make a conscious effort not to do that any more, but please, I've been on the verge of tears all day."
So I'm not going to cry, I'm just going to separate myself for the situation.
Now ask me if I'm going to be doing :poop: for him over the next few days/weeks? Hungry, oh, that's a shame, there's food in the 'fridge ... What was that, you need what? Sorry, but I have to go, bye.

I finished a project I have been working on for 3 days fixing my recliner, in which a wooden piece cracked, and I had to disassemble it quite a bit, make a duplicate wooden piece, then put it back together. Fortunately, I had a small piece of white oak, which I could draw that rocker shape on, in sort of a mirror image, and cut them on the bandsaw, and glued them together with some Gorilla Glue, and didn't even have to plane them to thickness, or sand the edges! Really strange thing happened when I was taking that cracked piece out - I found a broken off brad-point drill bit, that must have been left during assembly, because it was from the other side! You can see all these holes (I tried to fix it before, but I pushed it to the back burner, until gardening was almost done), and the piece of the drill bit I found! I filled the particle board holes with auto-body filler, the first day, then yesterday, once it got dark out (the day was too nice to work inside much of the day), I got the piece attached, with 2 oak dowels, and 4 #10 screws, plus Gorilla Glue. Today was a rainy, dismal day out there, so a good time to finish this! I did go out, briefly, to harvest some greens, to make dinner.

Here's that broken piece I had replace, showing the drill bit piece I found:
The piece of wood that I had to replace, with the piece of the drill bit I found in it! by pepperhead212, on Flickr

This was the first day I cooked for a while (besides the bread, to make all those sandwiches) - I made a dal (I'll post that elsewhere), with those greens, from some bok choy outer stalks, and all 4 of the cauliflower that I tried to grow again! There wasn't even a hint of a head on any, and they were planted back in August! Like I've said before, cauliflower just don't like my garden!

Kgirl, how miserable for you. Sending extra dragonettes your way with hugs.

And now first thing Monday morning you cart him off to the doc!
He may not be able to stop the pain but he can at least dull it to a certain extent.

Last night we went to my Women's club dinner meeting and salute to Veterans. One of the speakers was a local 100-YEAR-OLD veteran from the Army Air Force...that's what it was called when he first joined. What a guy and what a life! They convinced him to retire by offering him a job as a trainer WITH a 10-percent raise...LOL. Quite the spry and interesting fellow. He was asked what advice he can give to live such a long and active life. He said, "Eat your veggies, get 8 hours of sleep and exercise." He still does tai chi every Monday, Wednesday and Friday! Truly an amazing gentleman to be admired. Oh, and the dinner was good too. ;)

K-Girl, you have my sympathy. And a big hug - along with prayers. I hope that you can get your DH back to being loveable again for your sake and his. Hang in there.
@pepperhead212 Himself was impressed with your skills and resourcefulness. He's been lucky enough that the only item he's replaced on a recliner is a spring.

Finally...almost.

20231111_161145.jpg

Right now our house is listed only within the Lamacchia Realty website. We're heading to OH on Thursday, so that's the day the listing will be up on the MLS...and everywhere else. We didn't want people wanting to see the house while we were in bed. 🤣

I figure I'll start a "journal" here as we're heading out the door so you all can follow along. After all, a lot of you have put up with my "I want to go home!" whine for over a decade. 😆

Finally...almost.

View attachment 66811

Right now our house is listed only within the Lamacchia Realty website. We're heading to OH on Thursday, so that's the day the listing will be up on the MLS...and everywhere else. We didn't want people wanting to see the house while we were in bed. 🤣

I figure I'll start a "journal" here as we're heading out the door so you all can follow along. After all, a lot of you have put up with my "I want to go home!" whine for over a decade. 😆
Yes, please do chronical your journey, maybe in a thread of its own?
I was just thinking that the "for sale" sign should have gone up by now...

...I was just thinking that the "for sale" sign should have gone up by now...
Not until Thursday. That's when we head to OH to find a place to live - whether permanently or short term if we end up building.

We didn't want potential buyers coming in while we were still in the house. After all, they might want to see it in the morning. 😲 And you know that we don't do mornings. 😆

Not until Thursday. That's when we head to OH to find a place to live - whether permanently or short term if we end up building.

We didn't want potential buyers coming in while we were still in the house. After all, they might want to see it in the morning. 😲 And you know that we don't do mornings. 😆
I'm with you CG! Am I up, probably...but we take mornings very slow.

When my oldest niece married, her husband had a Christmas stocking made for him as a baby by his mother. When they had their two boys, each of them received a Christmas stocking. Last December, her home was decorated and I mentioned that her stocking seemed out of place beside the others. (All felted with a Santa.) She then told me the info above, and said that she had hoped to get one, but never did. (Likely her MIL never thought to do one for her as well, she wasn't a baby.) While at her home, and without her knowing, I bought a kit to make her a stocking. I've been working on it off and on since January and sent it to her. I'm not much of a crafts person and had never worked with felt before. Much less felt that needed to be stuffed, etc. It has beads, which I have never used. And sequins which I had never used. Plus, I lost the only needle that would fit through a bead (and am in fear that it will end up in my foot.) However, I did complete it and sent it to her. She seemed tickled and happy to have a stocking that meshed with those of her husband and family.

I was not expecting this to take as much time as it did to make, but everything on it is stitched by hand. My fingers may never forgive me.

All of the stockings feature Santa doing something. I had to have Santa in a red pick-up. There is always a pick-up truck in our family owned by someone. :love:

20231024_145232.jpg

oh WOW, WOW, WOW! That's a lot of work, a lot of patience and beautifully done. Congrats, if I place an order now, would I have it in time for 2027? or 2029.

Back
Top Bottom