What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie said:
I stayed awake all night. Fell asleep on my bed about 6 a.m. The next thing I know my face is being licked to death and I hear a loud bark in my ear. Teddy wanted his back scratch.

While Teddy was here I went out to the kitchen and heated up some left over Angel pasta. Teddy wanted some. So I put the dish down for him. I didn't cut it up. Watching this silly dog eat long pasta strands had me and my son in stitches. He left here with a red beard. :LOL:

You need to post this in the Spaghetti Poll thread, Addie! Obviously Teddy has his preferences.

Last edited:
The pool at the gym is closed for 2 weeks for cleaning, dh put up a 15x20 pool in the back yard. It's about 4 feet deep but it sure feels good on this extremely hot day. We all floated around in the pool for awhile then dh put some ribs & baked potatoes on the grill. Lovin my recliner about now.

You need to post this in the Spaghetti Poll thread, Addie! Obviously Teddy has his preferences.

What had us cracking up was that he had these strings of pasta hanging from his mouth and trying to get them in. Yet he kept going back to the dish for more at the same time.

Have you ever heard of Angel Eyes on a dog? Those are those brown streaks in the corner of the dog's eyes. Teddy has some. (Time for some more med in his food) Angel pasta right now suits him fine. What else would you feed a dog that has Angel Eyes?:)

Relaxing in the recliner. My daughter and I packed a picnic lunch and took the kids up to the river. Wonderful day, but boy those 3 little ones sure kept us on our toes. :) Perfect weather and lots of playing on the riverbank.

img_1162010_0_33b75f0f4495f78c29cd0534a6475663.jpg

It almost five a.m. and I am listening to the 50th anniversary tour of the Beach Boys and their music. They still sound just as good as they did when I was younger. :)

I love the Beach Boys too Addie, great music!

We are off to watch some Masterchef now guys...have a lovely day and I will catch you all tomorrow :)

Getting ready for day two of our Kids Day Camp. I have a great crew. Not only did yesterday run super smoothly (specially for a first day with a whole new team), but we are 3/4 ready for today!

I didn't sleep well last night and am very sore all over today. Not sure what is going on - I certainly didn't overdo it yesterday. But we shall see what today brings. Being surrounded by tons of young people can be the best medicine. :)

Thank you Kylie and Addie. Yes, it was a very good day - my 7 yr. old granddaughter said it was the best day of her whole life. LOL! The 2 yr. old had never seen a river before, and the 10 yr. old was a big help with keeping an eye on the littler ones. We'll probably go again next week, it's only about an hour's drive.

LP, your kids camp sounds like fun. Yes, kids have a way of knocking whatever ails ya right out. :LOL: Hope you feel better.

Last edited:
I have just got up and I had the best sleep...finding it hard to wake up :LOL:

Must get organised now, time for breakfast! :yum:

Thanks, Cheryl. Your time with your grandchildren is truly precious!

The kids were good medicine today as were my wonderful team of helpers. I found myself sitting down most of the time because they did all the work. I got to do the fun parts like hand out the snacks and start prep for our big snack on Friday. It is always something special and this year it is a "blue" cupcake with marshmallow "clouds" on top. The theme of the week is Sky!

Right now I have my feet up for a rest before I have to start baking cupcakes and making blue fondant. :)

I miss being active in the community. I have the services available to me to get out. But once I get there I can't walk too much. (Sit down most of the time) I get out of breath very easily. And chest pains are right there ready to strike. Having three heart attacks last year has scared the bejesus out of me. Last year was not my healthiest year. I have always enjoyed working with kids. Specially the little ones. My favorite times were with the 4H kids. And then the Girl Scouts. Adults are too argumentative.

At the end of The Actors Studio, James Lipton asks four questions. One of them is "What is your favorite sound." For me it is the laughter and giggling of small children. The simplest things in life amuse them. When you see the world through their eyes, it looks so different and filled with fun. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom