What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spent a little bit of time clearing up the back yard and uncovering the patio table and chairs (yeah, I know it's late, but better late than never) so we can eat outside. Somehow the screen door locked itself with me on the outside. I had to phone Stirling to let me in. I'm glad I keep my cell phone in my pocket. Then I discovered that the cat had had a bad case of itchy bum and I had to clean that up. Back to my book.

I defrosted the meaty bits from butchering the whole boneless ribeye, and will run them through the grinder. Have a hankering for chili, which may or may not be done today.

taxlady said:
I spent a little bit of time clearing up the back yard and uncovering the patio table and chairs (yeah, I know it's late, but better late than never) so we can eat outside. Somehow the screen door locked itself with me on the outside. I had to phone Stirling to let me in. I'm glad I keep my cell phone in my pocket. Then I discovered that the cat had had a bad case of itchy bum and I had to clean that up. Back to my book.

:LOL: DH had to call the hotel after he locked himself out on the balcony of his room. :LOL:

I have spent the past hour trying to get my granddaughter calmed down. Her father died this morning from complications from diabetes. The hospital called her to come to the hospital to identify him. She is a divorced single mother of three small children and certainly hasn't the money to bury him. No insurance. She has been trying to get in touch with his brothers and other family members. No one is home. What a mess.
The hospital wants to know what to do with the body. She doesn't have an answer for them.

Does it ever end? I have to get dressed and go to my daughter's home. I want just an hour of calm right now. :(

Addie, so sorry this has fallen to you. Hugs!

:LOL: DH had to call the hotel after he locked himself out on the balcony of his room. :LOL:

In Denver our deadbolt was keyed on both sides...I got locked IN our apartment because my keys went missing, they were under the couch. I had to call Shrek to come and let me out so I could go to work.

I have spent the past hour trying to get my granddaughter calmed down. Her father died this morning from complications from diabetes. The hospital called her to come to the hospital to identify him. She is a divorced single mother of three small children and certainly hasn't the money to bury him. No insurance. She has been trying to get in touch with his brothers and other family members. No one is home. What a mess.
The hospital wants to know what to do with the body. She doesn't have an answer for them.

Does it ever end? I have to get dressed and go to my daughter's home. I want just an hour of calm right now. :(

Addie, I am lifting up thoughts and prayers big time for your granddaughter and especially for you. Take good care of yourself. We are all hear for you.:flowers:

Sitting here one-handed typing & reading DC while the other hand is comforting Ali (my avatar dog). There is a loud thunderstorm going through and she is afraid of loud noises. She has her head laying on my right hand at the moment....

Sitting here one-handed typing & reading DC while the other hand is comforting Ali (my avatar dog). There is a loud thunderstorm going through and she is afraid of loud noises. She has her head laying on my right hand at the moment....

Aww, poor Ali. I know how she feels. Violet is so scared of thunder and lightening. Last night there was a fired in the back part of our complex (not near our building but also not that far away). Violet was staying so tight to me because of the sirens and flashing lights.

Give Ali a gentle hug or scruff behind the ears (whichever she likes better) for me and Violet (and Joie too).

Aww, poor Ali. I know how she feels. Violet is so scared of thunder and lightening. Last night there was a fired in the back part of our complex (not near our building but also not that far away). Violet was staying so tight to me because of the sirens and flashing lights.

Give Ali a gentle hug or scruff behind the ears (whichever she likes better) for me and Violet (and Joie too).

She like a reassuring hand on her and to snuggle close. She has dozed off now since the storm has passed.

DaveSoMD said:
She like a reassuring hand on her and to snuggle close. She has dozed off now since the storm has passed.

I feel for you! My cocker and dalmation couldn't handle storms. Much panting and vocalizing. Beagle couldn't care less, though she hates to get wet.

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
In Denver our deadbolt was keyed on both sides...I got locked IN our apartment because my keys went missing, they were under the couch. I had to call Shrek to come and let me out so I could go to work.

Eeks! At least you had provisions had Shrek not been able to rescue you!

Last edited:
I feel for you! My cocker and dalmation couldn't handle storms. Much panting and vocalizing. Beagle couldn't care less, though she hates to get wet.

She doesn't bark or whine at all, she just comes looking for me and then wants in my lap or next to me. She really gets upset if the smoke alarm goes off, much running and hiding on my bed.

She doesn't bark or whine at all, she just comes looking for me and then wants in my lap or next to me. She really gets upset if the smoke alarm goes off, much running and hiding on my bed.

That's the same as Violet. Just pushes against me, whether it is my hand or any part of my body. The UPS (universal power supply) units on all our computer and A/V equipment scare the daylights out of her when they beep.

DaveSoMD said:

This is what works for my Aunts dog. You wouldn't think it would work, but honest it really does.
https://anxietywrap.com/default.aspx?gclid=cn_jk4dahricfdnxmgodqhgauq

I used to take a t-shirt and wrap it around one of my dogs that was extremely thunderstorm phobic and used vet wrap to secure it. She slept on the bed with me and I would put her under the covers (she with her t-shirt on), and hold her close when there were night-time thunderstorms. I quickly learned that she'd stand on the bed and watch for lightening, so I covered her up so she couldn't see the lightening. It seemed to work. She would still shake, but many times, she slept through the storms. The irony was that when she lost her hearing, thunderstorms no longer bothered her. That was the plus of her going deaf. She was my "found-on-road-dog" and was also gun shy. A hunting dog she was never. I miss her still. I have her collar in a ziplock bag--it still smells like her. Every now and again, I take it out to get a good whiff of her....

The first Saint Bernard I rescued was terrified of thunderstorms. He had been a "tied in the yard dog." I remember the first thunderstorm after I brought him home. It was a bad storm--the phone lines were crossed for 6 weeks after that storm. Anyway, I woke up to find him sitting next to the bed, panting. I touched him, and he felt as if he were made of concrete. Every muscle in his body was tensed. Poor baby. After that, I would take him in the basement when I knew a storm was coming and give him a Kong stuffed with frozen liver cubes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom