What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, TL and thanks. I must have been typing my long winded version while you put in the link....why didn't I think of that.:wacko:

One of these days I will really get in trouble for the words flowing through my brain right now...it's probably what I would have said aloud if I had been there. Sorry about this LP, what a wicked person.

I had a visit from an RCMP officer this morning. The grocery store reported the incident - they had to for liability reasons. We had a brief talk, I said I wasn't pressing charges and he left. The woman obviously has anger issues and needs help, not an arrest. :)
As far as I understand, here in Canada it's the police or the crown that presses the charges.

How do you know she doesn't need to be arrested. Yes, she needs help. If it's the first time, she probably won't go to jail. If she has done this before, she needs to be stopped. The system needs to know that she is doing this. What if she has done this lots of times and everyone figures she doesn't need to be arrested?

Sometimes people need a good scare, like being arrested, to wake up and see what they are doing and pull themselves together or get help.

Sorry for the rant.

There is more to why I asked that this person didn't get arrested - and not something I want to say here. It has to do with me as much as her. I know that type of anger, and I really don't think she wanted to or meant to hurt me. That's all I want to say in the matter.

Yes, the police press charges, but the fact that I didn't put in a complaint was key.

I appreciate all the support I get here, but please, know that I believe what I did was right and would like to close the discussion. Not the thread of course, just the discussion.;)

If you really want to talk about it with me you can PM me. I don't know that I will reveal all, but I respect your opinions.:)

Steve and I have recently got back from our nightly walk...we did about 5km, so feeling pretty good!

Now time for a Lemon Curd Tart :LOL:

(((hugs))) msmofet....I know how you feel....I lost my mom a year and a half ago, and her birthday was 2 weeks ago. It's hard. They would want us to keep on keepin' on...easier said than done. Hugs to you and to all who have lost loved ones.

{{{{Hugs to you}}}

Sorry, ladies, I thought it was this thread I started that on but it was yesterday's dinner thread because I couldn't go to my MIL's birthday party as I was in too much pain. I will add more detail here.

I was at my usual grocery store yesterday. Everyone in there knows me and I get along really well with them....not to mention we do a lot of business there. Anyway, I got my groceries and then had to go back to get my prescriptions as they weren't ready the first time. As I was coming back I realized I needed to pick up the TV magazines from this week and last week For the Fall Previews (as I say they like me so the lady doing it went into her pile of returns and got me one).

At this time the tills were full, but all I had was two magazines so one of the cashiers opened up and called me over. The lady behind me had a baby carriage with no baby - it was to hold her groceries. She started to move to the other till and the cashier said "no, this lady is first". I was carrying my bag of groceries, the magazines, bag of prescriptions and my cane so was slow moving over. The woman slammed the stroller into my right leg (my bad) one and still tried to beat me in line for her one loaf of bread.

I was in horrible pain and immediately had three staff at my side. While they were attending to me the woman was at the other till and was arguing at the price of her bread (she wanted it for $1.29 not $2.29).

A dear sweet staff member who loved my Dad grabbed my cane, went over to the woman and said "do you realize this woman walks with a cane and you could have really injured her". He came back and helped me to a chair.

I had to fill out a bunch of papers and the pain lessened (they got a bag of ice out of the cooler...by this time I had the associate manager there too). I said I wouldn't press charges.

But the store called this morning and said that they had to report it because it was an assault and in case either side took action they needed to cover their own liability. So hence the policeman.

Addie, he was super cute and in full regular uniform. But I am sure if I asked nice he would put on his dress reds for you! ;)
^$^#&$*^&%(*&^()&_)& Is all I can say!!

Addie, he was super cute and in full regular uniform. But I am sure if I asked nice he would put on his dress reds for you! ;)

Imagine having that bright red uniform walk through your door every night. Here comes Dudley Do Right! Be still my heart. The RCMP are a big hit here when they are on tour doing their routine. Always a sellout. I think Boston, more than anywhere else in the country has the strongest feelings of ties to England. Our Boston accent is the closest to the English accent. We pronouce a lot of our words like the British do. The word 'aunt' is a perfect example. We say 'arnt'. The rest of the country says 'ant'.:angel:

Last edited:
I find that I am slowly getting on a normal schedule and sleeping through the night. That is the good news. Oh, and Good Morning Everyone.

The bad news is that I looked up the medicine that my daughter will be on for her chemo treatment. Just when I have myself under control, I do something stupid like that. The side effects are enough to make anyone hesitate. But again, this is information I will keep to myself. The only one I can talk to it about it is Son #3, the P.A. What little I don't understand, he explains it to me. And he can calm me down. I have seen my kids through some bad accidents and life threatening illnesses. But this! Too much knowledge is not a good thing. :angel:

Last edited:
I find that I am slowly getting on a normal schedule and sleeping through the night. That is the good news. Oh, and Good Morning Everyone.

The bad news is that I looked up the medicine that my daughter will be on for her chemo treatment. Just when I have myself under control, I do something stupid like that. The side effects are enough to make anyone hesitate. But again, this is information I will keep to myself. The only one I can talk to it about it is Son #3, the P.A. What little I don't understand, he explains it to me. And he can calm me down. I have seen my kids through some bad accidents and life threatening illnesses. But this! Too much knowledge is not a good thing. :angel:

Immodium will be her best friend. She needs to have the doctor write a prescription for it so her insurance will pay for it. PM me for the instructions on taking it, they are different than what is on the bottle.

Immodium will be her best friend. She needs to have the doctor write a prescription for it so her insurance will pay for it. PM me for the instructions on taking it, they are different than what is on the bottle.

She is going to be on Temodar for the chemo. What else they are giving her I do't know. She finds it hard to talk. Her thought process is all screwed up due to the high doses of steroids she was on in the hospital. She was phased off them this past week. Right now paitence has to be my friend.

Will let you know what is going on with the bathroom problem. :angel:

Imagine having that bright red uniform walk through your door every night. Here comes Dudley Do Right! Be still my heart. The RCMP are a big hit here when they are on tour doing their routine. Always a sellout. I think Boston, more than anywhere else in the country has the strongest feelings of ties to England. Our Boston accent is the closest to the English accent. We pronouce a lot of our words like the British do. The word 'aunt' is a perfect example. We say 'arnt'. The rest of the country says 'ant'.:angel:
Those red jackets are their dress uniforms.

In many communities they are the regular police and dress like regular police.

She is going to be on Temodar for the chemo. What else they are giving her I do't know. She finds it hard to talk. Her thought process is all screwed up due to the high doses of steroids she was on in the hospital. She was phased off them this past week. Right now paitence has to be my friend.

Will let you know what is going on with the bathroom problem. :angel:

I just looked it up, at least diarrhea is NOT an adverse effect with that chemo.

I just looked it up, at least diarrhea is NOT an adverse effect with that chemo.

She starts taking it on Monday. They want her back in the hospital for the first week. See how she handles it. She is looking forward to starting on her road to recovery. I don't think she will be so eager next month. Or any month there after. She is worse than me when it comes to taking any medicine on a set schedule. And I am really bad. If she doesn't cooperate, they will haul her in and have her doing the chemo with an IV drip. Her husband has been in remission from Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma for more than five years now. He was in Stage 4 when they found it. They gave him only three months at the most. But they went after it with a vengeance. So he knows what she is in for. And so does she. She took family leave for more than six months and was at his side all the way. Now it is his turn to take care of her. And I know he will. He is scared to death that he will lose her. He teaches welding school two night a week. He has already set up his replacements for when he can't make it. At least he is looking forward.

When Deech was so sick, he had a host of pills that he had to take on certain days at different times. You needed an engineering degree and a Ph.d to keep track of all that he was taking. So I did a spreadsheet on Excel for my daughter so she would know what day and what time to give him different medications. I even color coded each medication with the times. Deech to this day says that it was the spreadsheet that kept him alive. I have the feeling I will have to do the same for my daughter.

I am tired. So tired of taking care of everyone else. I thought retirement would mean it was my time. Time to stop worrying about everyone else. Time to do the things I wanted to do for myself. Boy, was I wrong. :angel:

Good morning all! The sun is shining (just in time for me to go back to work dang it!) and I've had coffee in bed already. Got a pot of chicken veggie noodle soup on the stove and my laptop revved up.

Good morning all! The sun is shining (just in time for me to go back to work dang it!) and I've had coffee in bed already. Got a pot of chicken veggie noodle soup on the stove and my laptop revved up.

Then stay home and enjoy the day. You have my permission if that is all you need. :angel:

Working an overnight shift...they ran out of RN's for the shift tonight. So, I can do my work and just be in the building in case they need an RN. I'm hoping I can stay awake, I was not able to sleep for the most part. How soon we lose our ability to change quickly.

Working an overnight shift...they ran out of RN's for the shift tonight. So, I can do my work and just be in the building in case they need an RN. I'm hoping I can stay awake, I was not able to sleep for the most part. How soon we lose our ability to change quickly.

I totally understand about the sleep part. Hope the shift goes well for you! :)

I just got back from the ENT doctor (ear, nose & throat) about my swallowing problems. He says my neck is tense, my saliva is thick, I have horrible posture, I have a deviated septum in my nose and my vocal chords are raw and swollen. I just looked at him and said "any good news?" He smiled and said "touche!" I like this doctor. He is the one that diagnosed my vertigo problem as an inner ear disorder and gave me treatments and home exercises to keep it under control.

He may have said all those things wrong with me but he is compassionate and to the point at the same time. I even got the scope through my nose down my throat. That is a first to do it on the first try. My breathing techniques from the pain program helped there.

I need a bunch of x-rays and other tests and we will take it from there. I feel someone has finally listened to me on this subject! :clap:

LP, having a good doctor with a good attitude is great.

We're about to go get Stirling's RAMQ card (medicare) renewed. Then, we are going for Chinese buffet at Jade Palace.

Back
Top Bottom