What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's leftover turkey day today. I am making up some small turkey pot pies. I just finished making stock, bones are in the garbage and have started to simmer the veggies and dark meat. I will add the potatoe, peas and white meat in about 15 minutes, then thicken. It's going to cool while I go for a walk and stuff. Then I will make some pies later this afternoon.

Taking the day off. As soon as I can find some heat wraps for my hands and leg.

Must have stood too long yesterday, pulled a calf muscle. The less I do with my hands today the better. Aging is becoming an interesting hobby :LOL:

I did temp work for more than 20 years. I loved it. You can't get fired, only released. And in between jobs, I would collect unemployment. Some jobs weren't as temp as I would have liked. But the pay was good. I worked at Wyeth Pharmaceutical for more than three years. Some jobs were fun and some monotonous. I am one of those folks that like filing. I like making order out of chaos. And most files in big companies are a disaster. :angel:
This is a job is at a call center. It was listed as "Long term temporary". It isn't through a temp company. It is the same place and I started there in Jan this year and this was my 3 lay off and 1 cut back in hours. This lay off was almost 4 months. No unemployment because I think you need to work 26 weeks straight before you can collect and I haven't.

Indian Summer is over. I woke up this morning and my apartment was freezing. I finally got up at 11 a.m. and dragging my blanket with me, I looked at the thermometer. It was 68ºF. in here. That is way too cold for me. I have had both windows open enough so that whatever wind was blowing out in the right direction, it came right in here. Even the walls are cold. The trees should be in full color in the coming week.

My daughter called. Sure enough the past three days have caught up with her. She forgot that there is a big difference between standing on a wood floor in your home and standing on a cement sidewalk for three hours. She went to bed at seven last night and slept right through the night. Her husband made a nice breakfast for her and cleaned up after. Now she is ready for her nap. She is pushing too hard for her recovery. She needs to slow down.

For me, today I am going to try to finish cleaning the kitchen that I started last night. It is starting to get cozy warm in here. I might even make a pie. My SIL is supposed to stop by later in the day with a dish of pasta and my daughter's gravy. That will be my supper. I need to change my bed linens. And I might, just might do a load of whites. We will see. I have all these grand plans. Let's see if I have the energy to follow through.

To all our Canadien friends, Happy Thanksgiving. Eat hearty! :angel:

For me, today I am going to try to finish cleaning the kitchen that I started last night. It is starting to get cozy warm in here. I might even make a pie. My SIL is supposed to stop by later in the day with a dish of pasta and my daughter's gravy. That will be my supper. I need to change my bed linens. And I might, just might do a load of whites. We will see. I have all these grand plans. Let's see if I have the energy to follow through.

To all our Canadien friends, Happy Thanksgiving. Eat hearty! :angel:
Thank you Addie.

"I have all these grand plans. Let's see if I have the energy to follow through." Unfortunately, I know that one all too well.

I brought some work home from the office to do this weekend but DH & I went fishing Saturday and Yesterday. The office is closed today for Columbus Day, but I'm having a difficult time making myself stop playing on the internet and actually start working.

Since you didn't catch any fish, you'd better give dinner some thought.

The internet "provider" (more like promiser) repairman just left after installing a new modem. Said it was probably a lightning strike that killed the other one. It went out last Friday, so I'm trying to get caught up on DC. Sorry to hear of so many unfortunate happenings, but glad to hear of the good ones, as well.

I spent this morning picking butterpeas at the local hydroponic organic farm. She just got a load of strawberry plants in that must be attended to and didn't have time to pick peas. It sure was hot & humid in the pea patch, but the humidity is due to drop tomorrow. I can't wait.

All in all, way too much excitement. Gimme a dull day or two.

So sorry, SB. Though I envy you your rhubarb pie!

I'm making Alix's green tomato mincemeat, and it's really good!
We sold the whole pie today so I put another ruhbarb pie in the oven tonight. Enjoyed the pool tonight & dh had a great supper made when I got home, shake & bake pork medallions with garlic parmesan pasta.:yum:

Today I went and had a full body massage, an hour long one...it was lovely!

Nice firm massage with a fair bit of pressure applied...I like to feel my massages :)

I dont have them often but it is lovely every now and then to just unwind for an hour and be pampered :)

Well I just finished wrestling with a giant butternut squash!

I thought it would fit into a large saucepan but that didn't work so I dug out my stock pot.

That prompted a search for the cover in the depths of the pan cupboard.

The search triggered an avalanche of stainless steel and cast iron!

Talk about pandemonium! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

So now I have decided to take the advice of a post I saw on the internet. The poster said to reduce kitchen clutter you should take all of the items out of your cupboards and put them into boxes. As you need an item take it from the box and return it to the kitchen. At the end of six months take any items remaining in the boxes to the Goodwill shop.

In my case if I don't use it by the first of the year I will probably never use it!

It's leftover turkey day today. I am making up some small turkey pot pies. I just finished making stock, bones are in the garbage and have started to simmer the veggies and dark meat. I will add the potatoe, peas and white meat in about 15 minutes, then thicken. It's going to cool while I go for a walk and stuff. Then I will make some pies later this afternoon.
This morning I'm making pies--but I'm doing it at a local church that has a pie making group. The pies are sold to raise funds to support various programs at the church and in the community. After that, I'm making a quick trip to the farm to check on Rocky and his new girls, back home. I know what I'm going to do this evening! There's leftover pastry in the fridge from the appetizer I made for T'giving, turkey, gravy, peas, potatoes, and carrots, I know what I'm doing this evening when I get back from a quick trip to the farm. I probably will make another batch of pastry...turkey pot pies for the freezer. Thanks for the idea, RL!

This morning I'm making pies--but I'm doing it at a local church that has a pie making group. The pies are sold to raise funds to support various programs at the church and in the community. After that, I'm making a quick trip to the farm to check on Rocky and his new girls, back home. I know what I'm going to do this evening! There's leftover pastry in the fridge from the appetizer I made for T'giving, turkey, gravy, peas, potatoes, and carrots, I know what I'm doing this evening when I get back from a quick trip to the farm. I probably will make another batch of pastry...turkey pot pies for the freezer. Thanks for the idea, RL!
Are you going to use the pie maker?

Well I just finished wrestling with a giant butternut squash!

I thought it would fit into a large saucepan but that didn't work so I dug out my stock pot.

That prompted a search for the cover in the depths of the pan cupboard.

The search triggered an avalanche of stainless steel and cast iron!

Talk about pandemonium! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

!

Your post renders out two swell mental pictures. Thanks, AB! :LOL:

Are you going to use the pie maker?
For the turkey pot pies? I might make one large one and then do the rest with the pie maker. We'll see how much energy I have left when I get back from the farm (and how late it is). I have to be out of the house tomorrow by 7:10, so I can't keep my usual hours and still get up, shower, eat, and attend to the hens.

Alix said:
I just noticed this. It turned out OK for you? Did you can it or freeze it?

It's really good! I'm going to freeze it. I cut back on the sugar and "measured" by taste, but this one's a keeper! Thanks Alix!

Back
Top Bottom