What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie said:
Kylie, just be aware of that "three o;clock wall". You will be in the middle of a sentence and he will doze off to sleep. Next thing you know, you will be talking to yourself. :angel:

I hit that wall almost every day & I haven't had surgery. Almost fell asleep reading an IEP today.

Cindercat said:
I hit that wall almost every day & I haven't had surgery. Almost fell asleep reading an IEP today.

I know that wall, and I have even hit it reading the same material (had to read several IEPs today!)

Cindercat said:

:LOL: I hear ya, Cindercat and Chopper. Individual Education Plans (IEPs) aren't the most invigorating reads for the most part! And even more painful to write....

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
Alright I have you all beat...neurosurgeon notes.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

We should swap notes/IEPS sometime! We could have an internet long distance slumber party!

Last edited:
My boy tests for his brown belt next week.. just finished working on his weapons angles.. i got to be the punching bag.. but he has to have these thirty moves down and be able to spar with them by next friday.

Glad to hear steve is home, what a relief it must be for you both.

I just got home from aqua chi I am feeling way relaxed & am enjoying my recliner.

Good thing I have a dictionary to look up words I don't know. :rolleyes:

I always seem to get those types of charts when I hit the "3 o'clock wall."

Supposedly, eating protein will help avoid that wall. I wouldn't know. I prefer the nap. I had a heck of a time after my open heart surgery trying to break through that wall. Took me six months. :angel:

Even when I worked nights I would hit that wall about 7-8 hours into my shift, I've learned to do something just a bit more active at that time. I usually save memos and deliveries for that time. Gets my out of my chair and around the facility. By the time, I'm ready to go home, I've re-charged and ready to roll.

I don't work, go to school or have had a recent surgery. But I still hit that wall every day just after DH leaves for work around 2:00 pm. By this time I have been up 7 hours, fed dogs, emptied and filled dishwasher, made dinner (which we eat at 1:00 pm), made sandwiches for his work "lunch" and my stay at home meal, cleaned up from all of that, packed him up, got him out the door and then Whap! There is that wall. I either sit in my recliner or lay on the bed for a half hour or so. Then there is shopping, laundry, etc. But that first part of the day seems to be the worst!

So can I come to the slumber party? I have nothing to read, but I promise I will sleep! :angel:

Last edited:
I don't work, go to school or have had a recent surgery. But I still hit that wall every day just after DH leaves for work around 2:00 pm. By this time I have been up 7 hours, fed dogs, emptied and filled dishwasher, made dinner (which we eat at 1:00 pm), made sandwiches for his work "lunch" and my stay at home meal, cleaned up from all of that, packed him up, got him out the door and then Whap! There is that wall. I either sit in my recliner or lay on the bed for a half hour or so. Then there is shopping, laundry, etc. But that first part of the day seems to be the worst!

So can I come to the slumber party? I have nothing to read, but I promise I will sleep! :angel:

Of course, everyone is invited!:)

Thank you Chopper and SB :)

Today I have just done some washing and a bit of gardening. Then Steve and I watched some Masterchef and we were both nearly falling asleep on the lounge :LOL:

Other than that...not a lot, just trying to relax this afternoon without falling asleep :ROFLMAO:

Thank you Chopper and SB :)

Today I have just done some washing and a bit of gardening. Then Steve and I watched some Masterchef and we were both nearly falling asleep on the lounge :LOL:

Other than that...not a lot, just trying to relax this afternoon without falling asleep :ROFLMAO:

Heck, sleep when you can for the next few days. Three days before Steve goes back to work, start adjusting your sleep schedule back to normal.

I bought a jar of Lotus Biscoff Creamy Spread today and I was wondering if you have to refrigerate it after you open the jar? I found some sites on the internet using this spread in some wonderful looking desserts. Has anyone else tried this product?

I made the last of three red velvet cake layers this morning (did the others last night while DH was working. Today they will be filled and stacked and carved into a horseshoe!

Now I am waiting for him so we can go out and get the supplies for the cake I will make for him. It is his BIL's 60th birthday party and I am making a wheat/dairy/soy/egg free cake to take for DH. It is the same one I made for my birthday (sorry, didn't get pictures), though I am changing up the egg replacer and the frosting.

I will also be cleaning off my work table in my still unfinished studio so I can do the decorating out of sight. The poor guy loves cake, frosting and fondant! :(

Good morning everyone!

We had the most wonderful sleep last night YAY :)

It cooled down and was lovely snuggling into the quilt :)

Have just had a nice hot shower, washed my hair and had a lovely hot coffee out in the garden...now time for breakfast :yum:

Back
Top Bottom