What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
very good way to put it, sb and pf--a calling, that could even be spiritual in nature-- but a summons which is highly personal and deeply meaningful, for certain. yes, I believe that you answer to a special voice, pf. but you keep your feet firmly planted on the ground as you minister to those in your care. the spiritual and the material have found a perfect balance within you, and you carry them with an easy grace wherever you go, pf....
Your words always are so in depth & so very meaningful. Well said!:flowers:

I just packaged up my caramelized onions in 1-cup measures and put them in the freezer. Next is to make the tiramisu cheesecake for DH's birthday dinner tonight (we're celebrating tonight, although his b'day isn't till Wednesday). I also need to put the lasagna together (didn't get to it yesterday) and finish the focaccia. Better get going.
My, you are very busy. Happy Birthday to your dh! Just wanted to share with you, we made a tiramisu for a gal on a catering that was having an Italian theme for a rehearsel dinner for her son's wedding. She froze the tiramisu & scooped it up with a mini ice-cream scoop then dipped them in chocolate, they were absolutely delicious!

A long, long time ago, when DH was in the Navy, he asked me to iron his clothes and they had to be done a particular way. I said, I'm not in the Navy, dude. Iron your own clothes. And that's the way it's been for 28 years heehee

Thats the way to go :LOL: :LOL:

Good morning guys :)

Lazy Monday for me today, going to go and drop by and see mum for coffee this morning and maybe a bit of cross stitch this afternoon :)

Hope you are all having a great night/day :)

We just got back from shopping. Stirling's job just sent him a powerful PC and four flat screen monitors. This is for a "video wall". Stirling is mounting it all on plywood which will be mounted on the wall of his office, which is cinder block covered with wall board.

He needs brackets for the monitors. His job sent him some jury-rigged gizmos that aren't so hot. We looked for mounting brackets for a monitors. Yikes! A crappy one was $15. The demonstrator was stuck together and we couldn't get it apart. We wouldn't want that to happen while a monitor is mounted on the plywood. After that, they were ~$40 and up. Work isn't going to reimburse $160+ for this.

While we were at Reno Depot getting the right size and shape of screws, we found the perfect, small bracket. It was in use in the store. They don't sell them. :wacko:

Getting ready to go to bed, another early day tomorrow. Why is it monday mornings always require more effort!?!

reading the recent posts makes me so grateful for slipper-boots & feather comfortors/pillows yet again. cannot yet get why my Mom is buying me a 4th feather comforter already.

Here it is five a.m. and I have; cut up the veggies for the dressing and sauteed' them, cut up the bread and have it in the oven drying by the oven light, moved and cleaned all the appliances on my counter tops and scrubbed down the counters, removed some food and other stuff(?) from the fridge, wiped down a couple of the shelves, cleaned the stove top and scrubbed the drip pans, washed up a sinkfull of dirty dishes and pans, and finally made a pot of coffee and poured myself a cup. I still have to clean the floor and do laundry. But that can wait until tonight. I deserve a break today!

I needed to get these things done now. I have medical appointments Tuesday and Wednesday. I don't know why, but those appointments leave me exhausted. There is always a very short waiting time. And the appointments are non-invasive. Just check my vitals and ask me how I am feeling. So tomorrow I will get the dressing made. That is one of the reasons I cleaned the fridge out. I need the room. :angel:

reading the recent posts makes me so grateful for slipper-boots & feather comfortors/pillows yet again. cannot yet get why my Mom is buying me a 4th feather comforter already.

Maybe Mom is expecting a very bad winiter.

Ever since I had the graft put on my leg, I can't stand to have anything touching it. So I have a very light fleece blanket and keep that leg outside of the blanket. If it gets cold, I just up the heat. I am so grateful that I don't have to pay for my heat. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom