What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a chilly-willy day here, sunny but quite cool, so I am sitting back and leisurely writing out our Christmas cards. It's rather pleasant and I'm able to jot nice notes to those who will receive our cards.

Don't forget to send one to the nice lady at W&S. :angel:

Relaxing in the recliner. Went out to breakfast with the neighbors, threw a load of laundry in. Need to leave for the funeral in about an hour.

We just got home from a lovely Thanksgiving celebration in the Chicago area with a bunch of cousins and cousinettes and their spawn. Stayed with BIL. We drove to the main meal on Thursday, which consisted mostly of glutin-free vegetarian fare, which was a first for us. They did serve turkey, and when we got back to BIL's I made stock with the carcass they were gonna throw away, and that I insisted on taking. Black Friday we got some real food from a couple wonderful (and expensive) restaurants and followed up with a Costco visit. Wallet is MUCH lighter.

So now I'm putting away the Costco purchases and watching the Food Network. Beagle is much calmer now that she's home.

Last edited:
Boiling a ham bone to make bean soup for dinner tonight. It's almost done and then I can strain it and start adding other stuff. Turkey is great and turkey leftovers are fantastic but a break for a day seemed like a good idea.

I just rummaged through the pantyhose/tights/socks drawer. I need a pair of pantyhose to wear tonight. :ermm:

I stopped when I found four pairs with no obvious holes. I know from experience, that there might be tiny holes that ladder as soon as I put them on, so I want to be ready. I save the ones with not-too-bad holes to wear under trousers. Hmm, I don't think I have done that in quite a while. If it's cold enough to wear pantyhosers under trousers, it's cold enough to wear the footless cotton tights I use as long underwear. That's it. Those old, holey pantyhosers are going to fibre recycling.

Thanks for the reminder,TL! I so need new black pantihose, the rubber waistband has disintegrated in all mine. I put them on, and they descend to my knees unless I'm wearing city shorts or trousers.

Good morning everyone :)

It is a lovely cool sunny morning here, but the temps are going to creep up into the 30c again today...all next week too :rolleyes:

We are taking down the curtains today all ready to have our new ones installed on Tuesday morning :)

Started decorating for Christmas. SO did the outside lights yesterday and I started with the wayfarers candles in the windows. Hooked the candles to timers so they go on and off without a thought. Synchronization will follow. More stuff to bring down from the attic. Back soon.

That is great Andy :)

Do you put anything on your roof, like santas sleigh?

We usually dont put Christmas stuff up until 1st December but I have already started putting a few bits and pieces around :)

Plans to put up the Christmas tree tonight & lighten the mood up around here after the funeral.

My daughter has her tree already up. She has an all white one and it is so pretty. I have to bring my potato ricer up to her and I will bring my camera. She also has an aluminum one with the colored wheel. It is an original one from the 60's. She has the original box and all the sleeves for the branches. Those silly trees have seen selling for some ridiculous money on eBay.

At least she is trying. She is getting into the Christmas spirit. She even is going to have the family get together for her husbands side of the family. Eachd year they hold it at a different home. Last year was her turn, but she had the flu and someone else had to hold it at their house. Nobody had better say, "You should be resting and not doing all of this." All I want to hear is "You look really good." :angel:

Plans to put up the Christmas tree tonight & lighten the mood up around here after the funeral.

Don't forget to play some Christmas carol while you do it. Play happy ones. Frosty the Snowman, Here Comes Santa Claus, etc. Light and airy. That will definitely lighten the spirit in the house. :angel:

My daughter has her tree already up. She has an all white one and it is so pretty. I have to bring my potato ricer up to her and I will bring my camera. She also has an aluminum one with the colored wheel. It is an original one from the 60's. She has the original box and all the sleeves for the branches. Those silly trees have seen selling for some ridiculous money on eBay.

At least she is trying. She is getting into the Christmas spirit. She even is going to have the family get together for her husbands side of the family. Eachd year they hold it at a different home. Last year was her turn, but she had the flu and someone else had to hold it at their house. Nobody had better say, "You should be resting and not doing all of this." All I want to hear is "You look really good." :angel:

The white tree sounds lovely :)

I just finished putting up and decorating the tree. Hubby hung the lights outside and decorated the deck. I don't feel like doing anything now. I'm running a bit of a fever with my cold. Beautiful day today. Mid 60's.

I just finished putting up and decorating the tree. Hubby hung the lights outside and decorated the deck. I don't feel like doing anything now. I'm running a bit of a fever with my cold. Beautiful day today. Mid 60's.

Curl up in front of the TV and get some rest. You deserve it. :angel:

chopper said:

Oh, Chopper, feel better soon!

Hmm. Haven't even thought about Chrismas decor, may need to get them out.

Back
Top Bottom