What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got mom settled in for the night first night here from the hospital. She is still using a walker & will for awhile. It will take quite a bit of adjusting for everyone involved. It's only for a couple of weeks.

Got mom settled in for the night first night here from the hospital. She is still using a walker & will for awhile. It will take quite a bit of adjusting for everyone involved. It's only for a couple of weeks.

Positive thoughts for you and your mom and family, SB! Glad she's out of the hospital.

Hope you all adjust quickly. Mom is lucky to have wonderful you!

Today it is going to be very hot, 38c, so we are staying indoors and playing some Wii U and watching some films

We did do a little bit of gardening very early this morning though, before it got too hot

It's around 3 am our time and we just said our final goodbyes to our brave little pup, Joie. Violet found him and woke TB up. His breathing was horribly laboured last night and he wouldn't take any of his medication or food. He also looked at us longingly but if we tried to console him he would walk away (walking being difficult). I wanted to stay up but having done that the better part of 2 nights and with my own pains, I couldn't.

But he is now a peace and isn't hurting. We had made the decision when we went to bed that we would take him to the vet in the morning...it was time. But now we don't have to carry out that decision. Violet seems a little better and is her usual self trying to console us.

I will miss my little man, but I have so many good memories and I just couldn't stand to see him so sick.

RIP, Joie. You were loved so much.

That's so sad. Laurie.
Did they ever determine what was wrong?

I'm sorry for your loss.

The mass they found in his abdomen a month ago was not a hernia. It grew and in that short time 6 more popped up. The vet believes they were tumours and there was fluid in his lungs making breathing difficult. We knew we didn't have long but were trying to keep him comfortable with medication and were going to take him in but at least he went peacefully.

Thanks, Pac. I know you understand what we have been going through.

Oh Laurie ... so sorry for your loss. :(

img_1242155_0_d0942cdb3e4f624f54be9bc4a5e96575.jpg

So sorry LP. It is such a sad thing to have to say good bye to such a wonderful friend and family member. (((((LP)))))

(((Hugs))) Laurie. My sincere condolences. It's so sad having to say the final good bye to our furry friends. At least when they go at home the other furry friends understand what happened.

Laurie, I am sure Joie did not go alone. Violet was there at his side. She knew that her friend was very ill and stayed there with him to the very end. Joie is no longer in pain and is breathing the fresh air on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. Take comfort in knowing you did everything you could for him and he is very grateful. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom