What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I totally agree about heart problems being "anticlimactic". When I had my chest pains last September and was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance with sirens blaring, only to spend 7 hours sitting in a chair in the waiting room. They told me it wasn't a heart attack but my cholesterol was high and my BP was all over the place. I sat another 4 hours in a recliner chair waiting to take another blood test and BP after being given some medication only to be sent home saying there was nothing wrong,

Then I get a call that morning telling me my stress test and other ones were scheduled for two days later and that I was being referred to a cardiologist on a rush basis.

When I got to see him he told me

1. My cholesterol was out of control so he prescribed some medication
2. My blood pressure was inconsistent, which I have known since going to a BP clinic at university many years ago.
4. I need to lose about 45 pounds which I also knew (the Cardiologist was at least 300 pounds, seriously).
3. There could be a blockage at the bottom of my heart which needed an angiogram and probably angioplasty.

This last one terrified me because my mother had problems with hers and they had to use the paddles to bring her back. It affected her for the rest of her life both good and bad.

I waited for 3 months for the procedure and told the nurses my fears. They gave me two sedatives to calm me and one nurse held my hand. The doctor went in, I watched the whole thing (through groggy eyes) on the monitor and after about five minutes the doctor (not the one I originally saw) said it was done and my heart was "perfect".

I then had to lay still for 3 hours on my back with my head flat on the pillow. TB was allowed to give me a provided lunch of a sandwich, juice and cookies but I had to have them while not lifting my head. My body does not stay still for more than about 10 - 15 minutes and I need to go from sitting, standing or laying down every hour or so. Even with the sedative this was very hard on me.

I was happy and angry at the same time. Happy that the result was good but angry that I had to go through all of that - emotionally and physically.

And after all the procedure everything was to go back to "normal". I didn't have a heart problem, I was given meds for my blood pressure and cholesterol and that was that.

Very anticlimactic. :ermm:

But I always knew my heart was the best part of my body! :angel:

Last edited:
Why are you so tired Snip?

Daniel was awake a few times again last night and hubby must have had a sleeping pill. Could hear him making noise till early this morning :rolleyes:
He gets really weird on pills, like a drunk :LOL:
The meds must have kicked in now though, hubby is snoring for the A team!

I have just been reading through all of them, thanks Fi, it is good to know these things

I don't want anyone driving around town thinking they just don't feel right like I was 24 hours before I went to the ER...Heck I could've had the big one on the street and caused a big accident. As it was I had the big one in the ER, but I had been having signs of it for at least an entire day before.:ermm:

I totally agree about heart problems being "anticlimactic". When I had my chest pains last September and was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance with sirens blaring, only to spend 7 hours sitting in a chair in the waiting room. They told me it wasn't a heart attack but my cholesterol was high and my BP was all over the place. I sat another 4 hours in a recliner chair waiting to take another blood test and BP after being given some medication only to be sent home saying there was nothing wrong,

Then I get a call that morning telling me my stress test and other ones were scheduled for two days later and that I was being referred to a cardiologist on a rush basis.

When I got to see him he told me

1. My cholesterol was out of control so he prescribed some medication
2. My blood pressure was inconsistent, which I have known since going to a BP clinic at university many years ago.
4. I need to lose about 45 pounds which I also knew (the Cardiologist was at least 300 pounds, seriously).
3. There could be a blockage at the bottom of my heart which needed an angiogram and probably angioplasty.

This last one terrified me because my mother had problems with hers and they had to use the paddles to bring her back. It affected her for the rest of her life both good and bad.

I waited for 3 months for the procedure and told the nurses my fears. They gave me two sedatives to calm me and one nurse held my hand. The doctor went in, I watched the whole thing (through groggy eyes) on the monitor and after about five minutes the doctor (not the one I originally saw) said it was done and my heart was "perfect".

I then had to lay still for 3 hours on my back with my head flat on the pillow. TB was allowed to give me a provided lunch of a sandwich, juice and cookies but I had to have them while not lifting my head. My body does not stay still for more than about 10 - 15 minutes and I need to go from sitting, standing or laying down every hour or so. Even with the sedative this was very hard on me.

I was happy and angry at the same time. Happy that the result was good but angry that I had to go through all of that - emotionally and physically.

And after all the procedure everything was to go back to "normal". I didn't have a heart problem, I was given meds for my blood pressure and cholesterol and that was that.

Very anticlimactic. :ermm:

But I always knew my heart was the best part of my body! :angel:

They were just leaving the room with a normal EKG reading when I told them if they hooked me back up they would see what I was feeling, since it was starting back up...that was the big one and it never ended...last I remember was being rushed to the cath lab, moved to another table. I do remember telling the tech who was shaving a spot that he was hired. I woke up when it was all over and I was in a hospital bed and I was there for a few hours and sent home. We stopped and bought dinner in the grocery store on the way home. Anti-climatic...that was on a Sunday, I went to work on Tuesday, never missed a day.

Well, the bleeding finally stopped around 1 a.m. I removed the dressing and got a good look at it. I didn't realize how large it was. She took a good size hunk of flesh off. It is 2.5 cm wide and 4.0 cm long. There are two scabs where all the heavy bleeding was. But you can see all the pores with teeny tiny scabs. I am leaving the dressing off so it can form some really good scabs. I will go to Winthrop to look at it and enter it into my medical record. I want it on paper should anything go wrong. I also took a picture. You don't want to see it. It is raw flesh. Not a pretty sight. I just hope I don't bang it before a good scab forms on it. :angel:

Just waking up. Sitting in my pj's on the computor with a good cup of coffee. Plans to go to 11 am mass, it's palm sunday, cannot believe how fast Easter came up. Next weekend already.

Easter did come early this year.

I am sitting at the computer. I have several things I need to do, but am afraid of using my hand. A nice scab is forming over the top of the wound and I don't want to knock it off. Of course it is my right hand. I need to take a shower, do dishes, change my bed, and a host of other things around here. I am going to try to do laundry today. The hand will stay dry doing that. And I can do that with either hand. :angel:

Mucking out the fridge. I found 3 jars of pickled beets, each with 1 beet in them; 2 large jars of Costo artichoke hearts, one half full and the other with 1/2 artichoke heart and a couple stray leaves; 3 jars of olives with about 1.5 olives in each; 3 half-full containers of cottage cheese set to expire next week, and that's just the top shelves. I figured out DH can only see the very front 3 inches of the shelves, so he opens a new container to replace what is beyond the 3 inch mark that he is unable to see.

I also hoard leftover packets of salad dressing, hot sauce, mustard, and soy sauce from takeout, and have discovered quite a collection.

Last edited:
Mucking out the fridge. I found 3 jars of pickled beets, each with 1 beet in them; 2 large jars of Costo artichoke hearts, one half full and the other with 1/2 artichoke heart and a couple stray leaves; 3 jars of olives with about 1.5 olives in each; 3 half-full containers of cottage cheese set to expire next week, and that's just the top shelves. I figured out DH can only see the very front 3 inches of the shelves, so he opens a new container to replace what is beyond the 3 inch mark that he is unable to see.

I also hoard leftover packets of salad dressing, hot sauce, mustard, and soy sauce from takeout, and have discovered quite a collection.

I know it is extra work, but I always used to put the new foods way in the back. Even if you have to remove some foods to get them there. All leftovers were put right up front. Heaven help us if anyone moved stuff to find what they wanted. I never save the little packets. My daughter does and she could open a Costco's with what she has collected over the years. She has a very large side by side and it is always crammed full. Yet she claims she has to go shopping every week for just her and her husband. But since she has been on the chemo, she does very little cooking. And her husband doesn't do any. So where is the food going? I personally think her son who lives downstairs comes up to help himself so he won't have to go shopping. A good way to save money. :angel:

I know it is extra work, but I always used to put the new foods way in the back. Even if you have to remove some foods to get them there. All leftovers were put right up front. Heaven help us if anyone moved stuff to find what they wanted. I never save the little packets. My daughter does and she could open a Costco's with what she has collected over the years. She has a very large side by side and it is always crammed full. Yet she claims she has to go shopping every week for just her and her husband. But since she has been on the chemo, she does very little cooking. And her husband doesn't do any. So where is the food going? I personally think her son who lives downstairs comes up to help himself so he won't have to go shopping. A good way to save money. :angel:

DH would not see beyond the 3 inch mark if I moved new stuff to the back. He'd just figure we were out, and open a new one.

DH would not see beyond the 3 inch mark if I moved new stuff to the back. He'd just figure we were out, and open a new one.

Shrek looks for stuff like that, too. "I thought you told me we had____!!" fill in the blank. I can find the missing item within three seconds of opening the fridge door.

There must be a law that there is one of this type of person in each household. SO can't find anything. I spend a fair amount of time looking for her stuff.

Shrek looks for stuff like that, too. "I thought you told me we had____!!" fill in the blank. I can find the missing item within three seconds of opening the fridge door.

Me too. Male Pattern Blindness? Andy being the exception.

DH does that, too. I just tell him to look a little further in and he will find ______. When I want him to eat something, I make sure it's front and center :ROFLMAO:

My mother was like that. "It is in the junk drawer on the left side under the playing cards. If I have to get up......" I usually found it real quick. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom