What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
allegience?

with all due respect, zhi, i pledge my allegience every week (cub scouts) to our own country. no one else's.

Why do Yankees so often refer to the Queen of England as "The Queen" and the English monarchy as "the monarchy"? Are you guys that tied to England? There are other queens and other monarchies.

If I have offended our Canadian neighbors, I send my heartfellt apologies. That was not my intention. I do hold Queen Elizabeth II in the highest regard.

If I have offended our Canadian neighbors, I send my heartfellt apologies. That was not my intention. I do hold Queen Elizabeth II in the highest regard.

I doubt it's Canadians who are offended. After all she is their queen. I'm mildly offended because I'm half Danish and half Swedish and each of those countries has a queen. Denmark's queen is the monarch. Sweden has a king and his wife is the queen. Norway has a monarchy as well.

Yes, but England is known for their queen. She and her family on our our news all the time.
You guys are known for your meatballs. Which IMO is a much better thing ;)

I doubt it's Canadians who are offended. After all she is their queen. I'm mildly offended because I'm half Danish and half Swedish and each of those countries has a queen. Denmark's queen is the monarch. Sweden has a king and his wife is the queen. Norway has a monarchy as well.

I knew about them. One of those royal families walks around without any security. I don't remember which one. But that says a lot about them. The Netherlands also has a Queen.

When I lived in Tacoma, there is a college called Pacific Lutheran University. I lived just seconds from there. It is owned by both Denmark and Sweden. Each year they alternate and their Queen attends the graduation ceremony and passes out the diplomas. The University has mostly international students. Most of them were in training to take their parents place when the time came. If they weren't doing well in their studies, they got called back home. Heads of state, companies, etc. I made extra money typing up their papers. That was before computers came into play. Most of them had an excellent command of the English language. For those that didn't I would correct it as I typed.

And it seemed like they ALL rode bikes year round. I asked one why, with all the money their families had, they did't have a car. Simple answer. They were chauferred at home and never learned to drive. :chef:

Wow, relaxing while pouring a concrete pad...

You have more energy than I do. My relaxing has to do with a soft, cofortable chair and a warm cat on my lap.

Come relax at my house, will ya? I have this sidewalk I need poured.:LOL::wacko:
If I didn't own a concrete mixer it would definitely not have been a relaxing day.
In fact, floating and edging concrete is kind of relaxing, I would say...:mrgreen:

What am I doing?

Trying to recover, ive been chasing little miss Isis who decided go exploring this morning. Cattle country style.

Charging the Kindle, drinking some truly EXCELLENT coffee. (Costa Rican) Trying to decide on when to shower and get ready to brave...THE MALL.

I don't know much about the current monarchs but I often quote King Oscar II of Sweden and Norway. "I would rather have my people laugh at my economies than weep for my extravagance". He got it!

Going to my favorite restaurant this evening. It's best to arrive at "Wasabi's" at about 6pm. They have the sushi line filled to capacity and the hot foods have "turned around" at least one time.

The place is fantastic!:yum: They have a cold bar with oysters and shrimp, a soup bar with noodle and seaweed soups, A tempura bar with about six types of tempura, a hot bar with ten chafing dishes full of goodies and a sushi bar with about six types of nigiri and about 20 types of rolls.

It's an AYCE place at $18 per/person ($3 more if you have Snow Crab clusters from the hot bar).

I used to go to this place every Friday, but have cut back due to budgeting. Now I go about twice a month.

I can't wait till Friday! This will be a Tuesday Pig Out!

Timothy, I am sure I could find something I would be willing to eat. You can have my sushi though. I will pass on that. :chef:

Timothy, I am sure I could find something I would be willing to eat. You can have my sushi though. I will pass on that. :chef:
I'll bet you could also, Addie.

The hot food is usually:

Coconut shrimp
Roast Beef
Garlic Shrimp
Frogs Legs (Big meaty ones...Yum!)
Pork Bites
Shrimp and onions
Mussels with black bean sauce
Snow Crab Clusters
Baked Fish (Salmon almost always)
Sauteed Green Beans
Freshly steamed rice is always available and they have a full bar.

mango or green tea icecream for desert.

This place is on 115 near the Avenues Mall in Jacksonville, Florida if you're ever in the area.

Last edited:
I'll bet you could also, Addie.

The hot food is usually:

Coconut shrimp
Roast Beef
Garlic Shrimp
Frogs Legs (Big meaty ones...Yum!)
Pork Bites
Shrimp and onions
Mussels with black bean sauce
Snow Crab Clusters
Baked Fish (Salmon almost always)
Sauteed Green Beans
Freshly steamed rice is always available and they have a full bar.
mango or green tea icecream for desert.

This place is on 115 near the Avenues Mall in Jacksonville, Florida if you're ever in the area.

I wil take the garlic shrimp and sauteed green beans. Right now I have corn chowder heating up. :)

I just finished eating at work a whole one pound box of See's chocolate. I am now buzzing.

I used to go to those Asian AYCE joints just for the nigiri sushis. I didn't touch anything else. I always got more than my money's worth....lol...

I wil take the garlic shrimp and sauteed green beans. Right now I have corn chowder heating up. :)

Great selections. I'll have some of each for you tonight! The beans are sauteed in garlic and butter and are very, very good.

The garlic shrimp need more garlic, but are still yummy!

Sometimes, I dont' eat anything but the sushi. (Who'd figger?)

enjoy, tim.

i once went to an ayce sushi place with some buddies here in the city. afterwards, i calculated that i ate about $80 worth of sushi that night. :pig:

enjoy, tim.

i once went to an ayce sushi place with some buddies here in the city. afterwards, i calculated that i ate about $80 worth of sushi that night. :pig:

Thanks Tom, I will. They know me very well there. I've been there maybe 100 times or so.

The grilled scallops they make are "to kill for".

You also get a plate of grilled stuff and veggies. I always pick the shrimp and scallops with green peppers, oinions and water chestnuts.

Back
Top Bottom