What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Certainly more than a paella pan. You could compensate by turning the heat off a few minutes earlier to compensate.

Instead of a CI skillet, how about a SS sauté pan?

Good call (again).
I just read some topics on this and the biggest worry about a non-traditional paella pan is the residual heat. I'll opt for my SS saute pan instead of my CI skillet.

i just love it when pac wakes up eager and ambitious to cook. he can lead me by the nose and spellbound in his kitchen, with occasional peeks and whiffs of the spanish paella he is making, as a reward.

(pac,i see you finally found a store that sells chorizo) :)

It is Monday morning here, pretty chilly, had a great sleep snuggled in the quilt :)

Today I am heading over to mums for a chat, as she just returned from a week at Kangaroo Island yesterday, so lots to talk about and then I am going to go and buy Steve and I a new electric toothbrush each, they are meant to be better technology than the original Oral B ones, so we will give them a go :)

i just love it when pac wakes up eager and ambitious to cook. he can lead me by the nose and spellbound in his kitchen, with occasional peeks and whiffs of the spanish paella he is making, as a reward.

(pac,i see you finally found a store that sells chorizo) :)

The new Giant Eagle is great! I believe they are trying to be more like Wegmans. Lamb, bison... all kinds of stuff, including their store brand of chorizo. Even two choices for the saffron. :)

And I'm eager to cook because it seems like I'm heading into a cooking rut again. I need to come up with something like my PPPC to energize me and lead me down different cooking paths. It seems like I've been making the same old things lately.

"What am I doing?" Drooling at the thought of Pacanis' Paella! I too feel like I am in a rut.....DH would rather eat simply most of the time....grilled fish, meats, or meatloaf, boiled or mashed potatoes, plain rice, steamed veggies or spaghetti, lasagne or fettuccini Alfredo. I sometimes crave something more exotic or international. He will eat it, but doesn't understand why I want dinner to be so labor intensive. The answer is I LIKE to cook!!!!

"What am I doing?" Drooling at the thought of Pacanis' Paella! I too feel like I am in a rut.....DH would rather eat simply most of the time....grilled fish, meats, or meatloaf, boiled or mashed potatoes, plain rice, steamed veggies or spaghetti, lasagne or fettuccini Alfredo. I sometimes crave something more exotic or international. He will eat it, but doesn't understand why I want dinner to be so labor intensive. The answer is I LIKE to cook!!!!

Absolutely! I LOVE to cook! It's so much fun, just wish I could eat everything I want...but I like having my heart beat just a little bit more at this time.

Watching it snow on one side of the building and not on the other...

So you are multi tasking :)

I hope I'm making paella. Right now it looks like a saute pan with a lot of stuff in it :LOL:
I have no idea how I'm going to move a portion onto my plate :ermm:

So you are multi tasking :)

I hope I'm making paella. Right now it looks like a saute pan with a lot of stuff in it :LOL:
I have no idea how I'm going to move a portion onto my plate :ermm:

Shrek and i were swapping windows to stand at...it was amazing. Then it stopped in the time I put my slippers on to go outside.

Good suggestion, but I've got two bags of my last batch of chili still in the freezer.
Can you think of anything else cornbread would go well with other than the usual fried chicken? I haven't had cornbread in a while. Good call, even if I just serve it with butter and honey on it :yum:

Cornbread makes a wonderful base for sausage gravy. Especially if it's buttered. :pig:

Last edited:
:angel:Benign! That is a word I keep in my mind and heart constantly. It sounds like hitting the biggest lottery ever.

I am so glad you are back. I kept worrying about you constantly. There is a wall that all surgical patients hit around three in the afternoon. They become exhausted even if they were doing nothing all day. Nap time! Give in to it. Listen to your body. It will tell you what you can and cannot do. Each day you will feel better. Once the staples come out, you will start to really heal in a hurry.

Do not allow yourself to start to feel down. It is a hard place to come out of. And don't push yourself. It takes time to heal. Your body has been invaded and it doesn't like it. The pain is your body's way of telling you, "No, you can't do that. I need to heal and you are doing something that will impede me. So Stop!"

We are all so happy that it went so well. Sounds like those doctors knew what they were doing. Those pounds will come off really quick once you start to heal fast. When you have the energy to start walking and doing small things, the weight will fall off.

Don't try to diet at this time. Your body needs the nourishment of food and all the good nutrients it has. Once your body has healed then you can start thinking about your diet again.

Remember, everyone here as well as your family is ecstatic that all went well and you can use the word "BENIGN!" The most beautiful word in the English language. :angel:

For you :angel::angel: For your daughter :angel: For your husband :angel:. And one for the doctors. :angel:
Thank you Addie, you are the best!:angel:

I am finding it difficult to keep a happy attitude about things. They all tell me I expect to much to soon. Easier said than done. Plans to try to go for a walk tomorrow of the weather cooperates. I know I have to stop wallowing in this self pity trip I'm on. It makes me sick to see how dh has the whole weight of the business on his shoulders. He is exhausted all of the time & I cannot help but feel guilty about it.
Better days ahead.

I got up early and have been culling out some of my excess stuff!

I need to push on and restore order before I lose my enthusiasm.

Someday I will learn not to buy everything I see!

Two elephants for a quarter is only a bargain if you need two elephants!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I just walked across the road to get my mail, where I found the gas co marking their lines for the sewer co to start digging.
And their gas line is nowhere near where it was the last time they marked it... by like 150' :wacko:
This could be interesting, since I do a lot of digging.

Thank you Addie, you are the best!:angel:

I am finding it difficult to keep a happy attitude about things. They all tell me I expect to much to soon. Easier said than done. Plans to try to go for a walk tomorrow of the weather cooperates. I know I have to stop wallowing in this self pity trip I'm on. It makes me sick to see how dh has the whole weight of the business on his shoulders. He is exhausted all of the time & I cannot help but feel guilty about it.
Better days ahead.

Time for hubby to bring in temporary help. You will start to really feel better once the staples are out. Patience littl grasshopper, patience.

Do you think your daughter is old enough to help out at the cafe one or two days a week after school? It would be a good way for her to see exactly how the both of you work to support your lives. And it won't hurt her to pitch in. You illness right now is a family affair. It will give her a memory she will keep. "I helped out my parents at their cafe when my mother had surgery and couldn't work for a while." A story she can use for when she has kids that don't want to do chores. I am sure you don't want to burden your daughter with your problems. But sometimes we tend to protect them more than they need. Children are very resilient and are only too willing to pitch in when they are needed most. And besides, she is a part of all of this upset in your life right now.

Don't go for that walk alone. Make sure you have someone with you. After I had my gastro surgery, I thought I was well enough for a short walk. I didn't even make it to the end of the driveway. I was on my way to pick up the mail. My neighbor had to come out and help me get back to my home. And it was only about 25 feet.

Sit down tonight with hubby. Even if he falls asleep. Give the two of you some quiet time alone. Let him know how you feel. After all no one is a mind reader. I am sure he is just grateful that you are now on the road to healing and you have the word BENIGN to share.

They give patients six to eight weeks to heal. Did you think you were going to walk out of that OR and go right back to work? It takes time to heal. Both emotionally and physically. You have had a lot to deal with these past weeks. First your find out you have a mass of something that may or may not be cancerous. Then the doctors invade your body with scalpels and all sorts of instruments. They are pushing your innards around and bruising them. Your body rebels with pain. It is telling you to go slow and give yourself time to heal. You are going to be all right. After all you have that wonderful word to hang onto BENIGN! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom