What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watching Master Chef. And I would REALLY like someone to come over and cook me Eggs Benedict. :yum:

You and me both. How bad is it?

I'm thinking seriously about making my own protective arm and legs pads.
Not the kind that ball players wear. A little lighter with Velcro straps. Just cushy enough to take a bump without bruising myself over nothing.

bubble wrap and packing tape?

I just checked and changed the dressing. I think I should have gone to the health clinic ER for steri strips. But it is past the golden hour. But I was able to get the skin back in place so it will heal to itself. You can't put sutures in me. My skin is so fragile that you can see right through the piece I tore off.

The wound is ugly looking. A big mark and blue black (childrenese) surrounding the wound. The piece of skin that I ripped off is at lest a half inch long and a quarter inch wide. I really did it up good this time. I did put some Bacitracin on it. I have to keep it covered. When I go to the bathroom I wipe myself with my left hand. And the wound is just above my wrist on my left hand. I can't take the chance of having that wound exposed to that area when I wipe myself. I apologize for the indelicacies of the description. :angel:
have you ever tried washing it out, some neosporin, and crazy glue? it works really well n bad cuts ehen you can't use stitches or butterfly bandages.

I'm just kicking back and reflecting on a really, really nice day.

I spent a major part of it with my best friend of nearly 60 years and we had a ball.

She's newly retired, nearly a year, and has been doing things around her house, little by little. She's had new wood floors installed in most of the house, had the interior painted, and is currently updating her kitchen.

Today we spent our time looking at countertops, kitchen sinks and faucets. She was truly amazed at what is out there and welcomed my expertise and suggestions.

After it was all said and done, she settled on a countertop, chosen a sink and picked out a very nice faucet apparatus. With the newly-painted walls and the refinished cabinets, her kitchen will be fresh and new. This house is the childhood house of her husband and hasn't been updated for over 40 years.

We ate lunch out, laughed and giggled and had a blast.

Our friendship has survived many moves, marriages and divorces (I was the divorced one), children, work years, death of a spouse and, now, retirement. She was there when Buck died and the long months after his death. In so many words, we've been through thick and thin with each other...together. I wonder how many people are lucky enough to have such a friendship.

We usually get together every two weeks and...play. Life is good!!!!

I just finished making lunch.

Just fried? Pfftt... You should have done THIS:

images

:wacko: Right now I am cursing myself and calling me every name but my own. I was going into the bathroom and took the corner too quickly. Have a very large tear in my fragile skin. I am a walking hazard. :angel:
Easy does it Addie, you take care!:angel:

I am up at 3 am & cannot sleep, the house is so quiet & peaceful. A glass of chocolate milk & a small brownie are tasting really good right now.

Easy does it Addie, you take care!:angel:

I am up at 3 am & cannot sleep, the house is so quiet & peaceful. A glass of chocolate milk & a small brownie are tasting really good right now.

I tried to do the dishes with just one hand. I didn't want to get the dressing wet. Spike was no help. He just kept laughing at me and saying,"Time to take the mixer home". It is his mantra. When we talked about what he wanted, it was the KA mixer. I told him he would have to wait until I died. He just may die before me if he continues to laugh at me.

It is 4 a.m. and I keep sleeping for 20 minutes or so. I hate when that happens. It screws up my sleep pattern.

My youngest son is coming by this morning. Something is wrong. I could tell by the sound of his voice when he called me last night. :angel:

I am working my third shift job as a ''Staff Attendant'' at an assisted living facility. It's been a slow night. No emergencies yet. So I am getting acquainted with people on D.C. Lucky to keep myself busy doing whatever to pass the time. Looking forward to the weekend . I took tomorrow as a vacation day to get a three day weekend. My B.F.[wife] probably has the weekend all planned out. I don't care as long as I am off.Shift over 8:00 A M. Everybody have a nice day. mysterychef

Last edited:
I'm hanging out with my house guests looking at local of the coverage of the Black Forest fire. These friends live in Black Forest and were evacuated. They have been here since Tuesday night. This is terrible. Two years in a row I have had friends displaced and losing their homes. 360 homes have been destroyed so far in this fire.

Do they move back and rebuild on the same spot, Chopper?
How do they reclaim their property after a fire burns through it?

I just got back from Wally World. Now I'm half wondering how I managed to spend 165 bucks and half wondering when the rain will stop. I think I'll concentrate on the weather, as the other one stings.

I'm hanging out with my house guests looking at local of the coverage of the Black Forest fire. These friends live in Black Forest and were evacuated. They have been here since Tuesday night. This is terrible. Two years in a row I have had friends displaced and losing their homes. 360 homes have been destroyed so far in this fire.

I wish this storm that is hitting the East Coast now would turn and hit Colorado. It has a lot of rain in it. More than enough to go around. :angel:

i'm on my way to the post office to get a card off to my dad. i'm probably gonna send an edible arrangement as well.

i just got out of work and my body and brain are screaming for sleep.

I'm sitting on my tooshy resting my foot. Danged toe hurts more now than it did a week ago. Guess it's time I listened to the expert (thanks PF ;) ) and give it a break. :ohmy: OOooo wait, might have already done that! :ermm: Pretty sure it's just a dislocation even though I know for sure that toe is still located in the middle of its friends - it keeps reminding me. :glare:

i'm on my way to the post office to get a card off to my dad. i'm probably gonna send an edible arrangement as well.

i just got out of work and my body and brain are screaming for sleep.

Stop pushing yourself so hard and listen to your body. You are a super person, but you haven't reached The Superman level yet. :angel:

Had to take the car to an out of town dealer to get a recalled part replaced. Almost 3 long hours it took, not counting the drive to and from. I did have a nice lunch at a nearby restaurant.

Got home, hopped in the pool with the Kindle and floaty thingy, and was invaded by gnats and small children. I used this locally made bug spray, but it didn't keep either away.

I'm sitting on my tooshy resting my foot. Danged toe hurts more now than it did a week ago. Guess it's time I listened to the expert (thanks PF ;) ) and give it a break. :ohmy: OOooo wait, might have already done that! :ermm: Pretty sure it's just a dislocation even though I know for sure that toe is still located in the middle of its friends - it keeps reminding me. :glare:

Still hurts by Saturday we will amputate...:mrgreen:

Had a long day, feeling a little sore from workng out pretty hard for the past 3 days, taking today off, still feeling a little guilty about it though, early bedtime tonight, up early tomorrow.....Happy friday tomorrow! : )

Back
Top Bottom