What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I woke up fully rested at 9:00. Wide Awake. It was a little cloudy out. Almost like dusk appears on the horizon........I thought, hmm. I wonder what day it really is and which angle is my house facing and what if I Missed a whole day. Why yes, 11 Pm is just the right time to go to bed. Funny, I don't remember going to bed the first time, but it must have been shortly after dinner.

Now, it's 230 am my time. Wide awake again. So it goes.

There are a few of us here to tend to post at odd hours. You do know if you ever start wandering the halls wondering what to do with your time there are a few who would share their wine/decaf/tea with you. ;)

Wow. I am impressed. You could get a job as translator. You might want to learn. "Wicked good.":wacko: Another Boston gem. :angel:

:ROFLMAO: We did see "Wicked", and it was good! In Chicaaago!

I told our waiter yesterday (at the smoked BBQ place) that he was either Canadian or from Minnesota. He did admit to Minnesota. Northern part. Almost Canada.

Last edited:

:ROFLMAO: Dawg, I can can understand them! I'm just not so sure Mr. Webster would be able to tell which side of the pond they came from! ;)

First published in 1783, Webster planned to call his "Speller" the American Instructor, but the president of Yale, Ezra Stiles, suggested a more grandiose title. Webster adopted it: A Grammatical Institute of the English Language. In the book Noah implemented changes that helped to improve the teaching of pronunciation, spelling and reading. The "Speller" was used all over the country and therefore helped to standardize pronunciation in America. As a result, our country is most homogeneous in terms of spelling and pronunciation.

Guess it doesn't count around here since he was from Connecticut. Or Hahvahd. ;)

It's a trip to a foreign land without need of a passport. :) Which, actually, could be said of many regions of our large and diverse country. Love them all as a visitor, but Dorothy said it best.

I am so impressed with your skills! Threading a needle has been a challenge for me over the years and I am so in awe of skilled seamstress work. You will post pics when you're done, right? :)

Thank you, Cooking Goddess, but my "skill" is borne from over 30 years of doing it, doing it, doing it.

My late husband, Buck, and I owned and operated an antiques restoration/interior design company for nearly 30 years. The interior design part of the business specialized in window fashions and, because we were a small entity, I was the chief, cook and bottlewasher in charge of designing and fabricating them. I have had many a client bring me a picture of a window treatment and ask me to duplicate it. By now, I can do it with my eyes closed, but the nice thing is that NOW I do it for myself and in my own time.

I had to really think about what I wanted to do with the front doors and I'm pleased with the end result.

....We were here first so we speak our language the way it's suppose to be spoken. You're on our turf, you're the one with the accent.....
So true Andy. We started the language with the Pilgrims. What folks did to it when they went west is not our fault......

OK, I'm sorry (getting the apology out of the way first ;)) but I think this is what makes all the other incidentals (diction, drivers, etc) rattle my cage. If "we were here first" is what counts the people in the Boston area should talk like Virginians! :huh: You see, there is this little thing on my side called "History". The first permanent English colony, which has been continuously occupied since 1607, is Jamestown, VA. Guess we should all sound more like people from the Tidewater region. If you want to go back further, to the first European settlement, you only have to visit the delightful city of St. Augustine, the Plymouth of FL. Granted it was the Spanish that landed there, but they can claim a permanent settlement since 1565. And don't make me go back through the Native Americans. Which Tribal language do you prefer?

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is your history lesson for today. ;) Guess I'm such a CrabbyCook contrarian because I was born and raised in the Connecticut Western Reserve. :LOL: Now if you'll excuse me, I have some work to do to tuck my tongue back through my cheek...

Seriously, if that were true, we'd all be taking some Asian dialect as the first humans in North America were nomads from Asia who crossed over on the natural land bridge connecting Asia and Alaska.

Probably right Andy, although Himself had suggested Russian. :LOL:

When it all comes down to it, we'll probably all be speaking ////////////. *

*sorry, the censors got to it. ;)

I have been out this morning and bought a couple more lovely soft white towels and also some hand towels and some bath mats, now we are set for awhile :)

Desperately trying not to piddle this morning while waiting for my builder to arrive, I am looking for recent youtubes of last weeks Mumford and Sons concert here. And I finally learned how and why we were an unlikely venue for this band. They asked to play here, mainly so they could visit the pueblo and to meet and play with Robert Mirabel, a world renowned flute player. Many poor quality videos have shown up, but here is link to a really decent sound and visual video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8ODTJU0JTs

That was a really good video. Thanks for sharing, Beth. My son and his family live in Alamosa, Co, so they drove to Taos on Mother's Day for fun. They really enjoyed it there. Now I know what some of the town looks like. :)

Back
Top Bottom