What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The storm is busy raging all around me here in my glass room. Lightning flashing north, west, east and overhead, I feel like a goldfish in a bowl, the little kid in the family with their flashlight blinking it on and off all around me. The rain is pounding down so hard I'm just waiting for it to start penetrating the glass! This has been going on for about 15-20 minutes and we're just in the middle now! It's so much fun when the lightning and the thunder are both happening right over you. :w00t2: TeeHee, I'm getting a rumbled butt. :LOL:

Going to turn off the computer and the light, flop on the futon, and enjoy Nature's Fireworks. 'Night all!

The storm is busy raging all around me here in my glass room. Lightning flashing north, west, east and overhead, I feel like a goldfish in a bowl, the little kid in the family with their flashlight blinking it on and off all around me. The rain is pounding down so hard I'm just waiting for it to start penetrating the glass! This has been going on for about 15-20 minutes and we're just in the middle now! It's so much fun when the lightning and the thunder are both happening right over you. :w00t2: TeeHee, I'm getting a rumbled butt. :LOL:

Going to turn off the computer and the light, flop on the futon, and enjoy Nature's Fireworks. 'Night all!
Love a good lightening storm. And now for an ear worm:
Thunderbolts and lightning - very very frightening

Dealing with the plethora of veggies on my table and counters. Pickles started. Kimchi (cabbage) in jars for fermenting, zucchini about to be grated for zucchini fritters, corn husked and ready for blanching, juicing carrots-beets-cucumbers for a juice to drink while doing all of this.

I'm avoiding the big shopping bag of underripe apples, knowing I'll have to do something with them soon. Thankfully, I was able to gift a friend with the other big bag.

More apples to come, hopefully they'll stay on the tree till they're ripe, usually mid September. On good apple years, we get dozens of bags. I just wasn't mentally prepared for them yet.

I'm also faced with a bunch of cukes and cherry toms, though not on the same scale as CWS.

I need to go do laundry today if I want to have the rest of my vacation without stress and demands...I don't wanna!!!!!

Dealing with the plethora of veggies on my table and counters. Pickles started. Kimchi (cabbage) in jars for fermenting, zucchini about to be grated for zucchini fritters, corn husked and ready for blanching, juicing carrots-beets-cucumbers for a juice to drink while doing all of this.

Resetting all those stinking blinking clocks. Electricity went out again. At least it was during daylight this time. I went down to check on the two that are on oxygen, once I knew they were okay, I came right back into my apartment. I really didn't feel like dealing with all the crazies today. We have the one who since losing her sister is losing ground. It is not that we don't care, but a legal thing. The only thing we are allowed to do is call 911 should anyone need help. None of us are qualified or have the strength to help another. If we try, we could do more harm than good. She was standing in the hall yelling Hello! Didn't know where she was. It is hard to turn your back on your neighbors, but that is the way it has to be. Of course it is a holiday weekend and the office is closed. :angel:

I'm not doing didley.
I was just heading out the door when it started pouring here.
So here I sit.

I'm avoiding the big shopping bag of underripe apples, knowing I'll have to do something with them soon. Thankfully, I was able to gift a friend with the other big bag.

More apples to come, hopefully they'll stay on the tree till they're ripe, usually mid September. On good apple years, we get dozens of bags. I just wasn't mentally prepared for them yet.

I'm also faced with a bunch of cukes and cherry toms, though not on the same scale as CWS.
A friend is dropping off apples tomorrow. I'm thinking crockpot apple butter...

Doing nothing. Am I doing it right?.. Too hot and muggy to do anything else.Watching Straight Jacket. Glad I'm not in the same room with Joan Crawford. It's a shame they no longer make good movies like that anymore.

Doing nothing. Am I doing it right?.. Too hot and muggy to do anything else.Watching Straight Jacket. Glad I'm not in the same room with Joan Crawford. It's a shame they no longer make good movies like that anymore.

I wish they had more actresses like Joan Crawford and Barbara Stanwick. Even the male stars like Cary Grant and Robert Taylor just seemed to make better movies then.

I love a good B&W story from the 40's and 50's.

We have a channel that shows old B&W TV shows. I watched the very first episode of The Lone Ranger with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels the other day. And yes, Lassie is still rescuing Timmy. In B&W.

Do you give lesson in Doing Nothing? You do it so perfectly. :angel:

I wish they had more actresses like Joan Crawford and Barbara Stanwick. Even the male stars like Cary Grant and Robert Taylor just seemed to make better movies then.

I love a good B&W story from the 40's and 50's.

We have a channel that shows old B&W TV shows. I watched the very first episode of The Lone Ranger with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels the other day. And yes, Lassie is still rescuing Timmy. In B&W.

Do you give lesson in Doing Nothing? You do it so perfectly. :angel:

We have Netflix & Hulu. I've been watching some oldie's here. Last night it was some flying Cowboy Constable. Go figure. Uncle Earl's Classic TV Channel

Found an old Lone Ranger book & 2 Radio Boys books published in the 1920's packed away in boxes. One of them has an inscription that's dated to the receiver March 22,1925. Has a Wisconsin address. His Aunt had beautiful penmanship. The other has an Illinois addy. No puns intended :LOL:

Lazy lessons are extra.
Just sayin' :angel:

Watching the original Muppet movie, never fails to bring a smile to my face. Anytime that I can see Kermit riding a bicycle or wearing cowboy boots with spurs I can't help but laugh!

Back in the early 60's every other show was a western. Now I love a good western. But like the reality shows of today, the airways were glutted with westerns. We only had three channels then on a TV that you had to adjust the antennas and the horizontal and vertical. I got my fill of westerns. But my old channel is showing all those shows. The Virginian, Gunsmoke, etc. Once again I can get my fill on them. :angel:

I am sitting here and just looked at the clock on my computer. Five in the morning? I am sitting here playing stupid games on the computer. My weather station on my computer says it is raining out. I go to look out the window. Wasted effort. Spike has about 500 used lottery scratch tickets sitting on the sill. Can't even see over them. He has several stores that save them for him. He enters them into the computer for "Second Chance". He has a friend who enters them also. They are sort of in a competition. Who can win the most prizes. I don't know why his friend just doesn't give up. Spike enters them in his son's name. Last year he won $10,000. Pic in the paper, standing there with the giant check, etc. The whole celebrity thing. His friend fumed for about a week. I am hoping he wins another Cuisinart set of non-stick pans. I get them this time. The prizes are really excellent quality brand name items. Spike has won so many times, that he is running out of folks to give the items to. Tickets to all the teams, dinner in the owners box, etc. Oh it is not all free. At the end of the year his son receives a 1099 form. Taxes do have to be paid. But his son sure impresses his friends when he invites one of them to go with him. He doesn't tell them how he got the special invites. Let's them think he is in the know with the owners. His son has played practice with the Celtics, did exercises with the Patriots, been in the locker room with the Red Sox and also with the Bruins. Not a bad deal for the kid when his father does all the work on entering them into the computer for him.

Happy Labor Day everyone. Don't work too hard. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom