What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sitting here trying to get up the energy to put my daily piles of meds together. I take them now at night and feel so much better. Winthrop is not listening to me. So I have adjusted my meds to what makes me feel so much better.

The problem starts with all my visits to the ER and overnight stays. Some doctor that has not really read my file, decides to add another BP med to my already large pile of them. "Well, one med isn't doing the job, lets add another stronger one and still keep her on what she is getting." This happens every time I go to the ER. So if I take them the way they are prescribed, I end up with my BP plummeting. All Winthrop did was move some of them around, not reduce the dosages. And no one is taking into account that these meds were prescribed when I was more than 20 lbs. heavier. I am a very small person. And when I go to Winthrop for my vitals to be read, my BP is always 120/60. Which is a very good reading for me. Sometimes the 60 is even lower. And that is the number that really counts. So I will make my own adjustments and feel so much better. :angel:

Just going to set my TV to record the old (1944) film, LIFEBOAT, with Tallulah Bankhead and Walter Slezak. Its on from 7 to 9 in my area on TCM. What a beautiful day, I just got done weeding the garden and deadheading all the flowers. Looks so nice. The only trouble I had was trying not to get stung by all the bees.

Just going to set my TV to record the old (1944) film, LIFEBOAT, with Tallulah Bankhead and Walter Slezak. Its on from 7 to 9 in my area on TCM. What a beautiful day, I just got done weeding the garden and deadheading all the flowers. Looks so nice. The only trouble I had was trying not to get stung by all the bees.

A study showed that bees are attracted to blue flowers more than any other color. So don't wear blue when you are out there. Green is the best color to wear. Darker colors work best when gardening. Also no perfume of any scent. This includes soap. No, I am not suggesting staying dirty. Just rinse off thoroughly when you shower.

Down south most folks paint the color of their porch roofs green. Mother Nature is not too fond of green flowers. The leaves of plants are green. Have you ever seen a bee trying to get nectar from the leaves of flowers? Makes sense to me. :angel:

A study showed that bees are attracted to blue flowers more than any other color. So don't wear blue when you are out there. Green is the best color to wear. Darker colors work best when gardening. Also no perfume of any scent. This includes soap. No, I am not suggesting staying dirty. Just rinse off thoroughly when you shower.

Down south most folks paint the color of their porch roofs green. Mother Nature is not too fond of green flowers. The leaves of plants are green. Have you ever seen a bee trying to get nectar from the leaves of flowers? Makes sense to me. :angel:

I am wearing blue jeans and a blue and white stripe shirt, no wonder I was having trouble.:LOL:

I got both sets of outside steps swept. Of course, every time I do this we get a windstorm. Removed the dust gathered in the fans and am about to get ready to make dinner.

I got both sets of outside steps swept. Of course, every time I do this we get a windstorm. Removed the dust gathered in the fans and am about to get ready to make dinner.

I amazes me how much those fan blades catch. And they can be so hard to get really clean. The dirt of them always seems greasy. :angel:

When I moved down south, people told me to paint the porch roof blue, so it looks to insects like the sky and they won't build a home there. And bees don't try to get nectar from leaves because leaves don't have nectar and its associated scent. Bees follow scent to nectar.

I just made a posting of a sausage balls recipe and will be making these for dinner! I have some brown and wild rice to put them on and I will put DA's pasta sauce on them.

I am very hungry!

Your friend,
~Cat

:wacko: I have been taking care of the trash. I have five wastebaskets and I know someone comes in the middle of my deep sleep and fills them up. Or I am using those small boxes of dried trash. Just add a cup of water and the wastebaskets are full. I live alone. How can I make so much trash? Maybe all the paper dishes and bowls have something to do with it. :angel:

We had a nice dinner. DA is tired. I went with Azia on the bike before it is too dark.

The days are becoming shorter. My favorite time of year is the fall and the winter and the early spring!

Your friend,
~Cat

I planted a variety of salad greens in a window box today and cleaned out a quarter of our square garden to make room for new green beans and peas. I'll also be planting spinach, carrots, parsnips and rainbow chard. I still have tomatoes producing in two of the other three quarters, so I'll clean out another one tomorrow.

I love this time of year when the temperature cools down and we plant the fall garden. Today was absolutely gorgeous: low 70s, low humidity, mostly sunny and a gentle breeze.

Just got some wild hair and decided to shampoo the carpets. Now that's done, I'm going to chill out.

If you have any more of those wild hairs, come on over .. my carpets could use a good cleaning too !

Good on you for doing that job!

I have been watching CSpan on the First Ladies of the White House. Spike stopped by as he does every night. He brought me a small container of fried clams. I think maybe clams are going to have to go on the list with scallops and crab meat. My stomach is feeling a little bit queasy. I am allergic to the iodine in seafood. I will know for sure the next time I eat them. I have always been able to eat them. I hope I can continue to do so. One of the clams had a nice big fat belly. YUM! :angel:

I have been watching CSpan on the First Ladies of the White House. Spike stopped by as he does every night. He brought me a small container of fried clams. I think maybe clams are going to have to go on the list with scallops and crab meat. My stomach is feeling a little bit queasy. I am allergic to the iodine in seafood. I will know for sure the next time I eat them. I have always been able to eat them. I hope I can continue to do so. One of the clams had a nice big fat belly. YUM! :angel:
Are you sure it's the clams and not the grease? You said they are fried and the amount of grease left in fried food varies wildly.

:angel:

Are you sure it's the clams and not the grease? You said they are fried and the amount of grease left in fried food varies wildly.

:angel:

No, it was the clams. There wasn't a drop of grease in the bottom of the cardboard container. If it was the grease, I would have had an immediate reaction. It is the same feeling I get when I try to eat a scallop that is very high in iodine. All I have to do is one bite, I can taste the iodine and I spit it out. But that one bite is enough to make my stomach queasy a few minutes later. I have never had it happen with clams before. But there were some really big ones in that box. And those could possibly have iodine in them. :angel: (Thank you for the angel)

We're sitting in our Sports' Bar eating supper. Seems we're on west coast time. :wacko: I'm at the kitchen table with the baseball game audio (my team is up 7-0 :) ) while Himself is in his throne watching Ohio State play football. That game is too close for comfort since the game is only in the 3rd quarter with a little over 4 minutes to go, Buckeyes up 45-27. Cal isn't a good team and they shouldn't have 27. :ermm:

Oh, wait! What did I hear from the living room? "Touchdown!" Buckeyes 52-27. At least the offense showed up for this game. Or just maybe the Buckeye defense is out drinking with the Golden Bears defense. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom