What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where are you headed on vacation CG?

We spent a week at a resort on Fort Myers Beach, FL. Spent 3 days at our niece and nephew-in-law's on the way back. Took our time down and back - 3 days each way. IMO Florida is nice for a week or so. Couldn't live there year-round if you paid me handsomely.

Got to meet tinlizzie! We went out for brunch together, then sat around at the resort for a while chatting like old friends. It's so much fun meeting people you know from the internet in real life.

Apparently Coronado were made in the beginning by Admiral and sold in Gambles stores. We got ours from a friend who upgraded to a larger one, he sold it to us (it was already 25 years old then) for $20, 22 years later it's still humming away....

It sure seems like things made a long time ago work so much better than the new stuff. When we moved into our first house (1977) we needed a dehumidifier to help dry out the new basement. My SIL's neighbors (they were living in the same city as we were until they moved to FL) were moving to AZ and were selling the stuff they didn't want to move or didn't need. No need for a dehumidifier in AZ so we bought it. Have no idea of how old it was when we bought it, but that little gem sucked the moisture out of one of our basements for the 36th year. :)

Gotta love the lumberjack song, lol.

I actually borrowed my neighbor's deer stand one year when I had to replace the fixture. The self climbing kind. I made it halfway up and that was enough for me. I suffer from vertigo and the pole is in too open of a space for me. No way I could have climbed all the way up and been useful, especially with the pole starting to sway.

It's getting cold out there. I better get the snow blower on the tractor today. They are calling for 8" of the white stuff.
I also need to head into the city to the grocery store today. I am hoping they aren't "doing" anything for the holiday like they were when I went there the weekend before Halloween...
I'm going to buy my first whole turkey today. At .28/lb it seems like a real bargain. Look out freezer here it comes.

Making up the big holiday shopping list and getting ready to go out and fight the crowds. Costco, supermarket, liquor store, BBB. Too many stops. I'll be gone all day. Oh, wait. Add Trader Joes to the list.

Last edited:
Making up the big holiday shopping list and getting ready to go out and fight the crowds. Costco, supermarket, liquor store, BBB. Too many stops. I'll be gone all day. Oh, wait. Add Trader Joes to the list.
And you waited until the weekend when all the working Joes and Janes will be out there crowding the stores and streets because...? ;)

Is your SO going with you and it's the only time she can go?

Not too many people doing anything today... smart. It's brutal out there. Like you said, Taxy, everyone is out today. The occassional white outs didn't help matters when I finally got out of the grocery store.

It's cold! I'm gearing up to make the wreath for the front door. Usually, I do it outside. Today I'll gather up the evergreen trimmings, put 'em on a sheet, and construct the wreath in the sun room.

It's cold! I'm gearing up to make the wreath for the front door. Usually, I do it outside. Today I'll gather up the evergreen trimmings, put 'em on a sheet, and construct the wreath in the sun room.
Thanks for the reminder. I should go out and collect pine cones. We have trees that make little (~5 cm/2") cones. I'll see if I can find some that haven't been chewed up by the lawnmowers.

I have a wreath in the storage room...got it last year, it was made by the residents at the facility. Lovely purple decos and it's perfect on the door.

I'm researching the costs of learning how to fly an airplane. There are many levels to the lessons; everything is in steps from a single-engine propeller engine to a four-engine jet.

I wonder if I were to join the US Air Force would they teach me this? Do you have to be born in the USA to join the US Air Force?

With love,
~Cat

Cat, what came of your interest in learning to fly a plane? I'm curious to know why that interested you and whether you have thought more about joining the military.

Sally, Bella and I have been in the studio playin' around. Turns out we'll have more Christmas packages to ship than anticipated (folks not being able to be here), so I found boxes for the gifts and packaged them up. Will hit the USPS on the Internet later, pay the shipping and print my labels so they can go out on Monday.

Then, the girls "helped" as I cut out doll clothes for our granddaughters for their American Girl dolls as part of their Christmas.

Glenn's gone to his son's to pick up our granddog, Baxter, because Harley is becoming a pain in the patootee without her best bud. She and Baxter have played since both of them were wee pups and think they should spend every waking hour together. We keep trying to tell Harley that Baxter doesn't live here.

Usually he's here for most of a week then they start getting out of sorts with each other and it's time for Baxter to go back to his house for a while.

I've been on my feet a bit too long today and used my hands more than I should have, so I'm going to put my feet up, kick back and listen to my audio book for a while before Glenn gets home.

And you waited until the weekend when all the working Joes and Janes will be out there crowding the stores and streets because...? ;)

Is your SO going with you and it's the only time she can go?

Yes and yes. She wants to go along to make sure I don't screw up. She also makes me stop at two or three places wouldn't go to.

The crowds were not so bad. It was busy but not impossible.

Back
Top Bottom