What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Water heaters aren't normally known for their intelligence, Pac. They're slightly lower than toaster ovens.

Flooded basements are a royal PITB. We were up for days some years ago when ours flooded.

Last edited:
Our water heater is getting replaced in January as long as it holds out that long. It's not leaking, but it's at least 13 years old and I worry that it is going to fail. I just figure I'd worry less if I just replaced it.

Just got back from a swim, had a fried egg sandwich and will head out to my sisters house. We are all going to a performance of Handel's Messiah by the local community chorus. This year it is a sing-a-long.

I'm on my third heater in 12 years. And I am seriously re-thinking the piezo ignition. I like to see what's going on in there, not rely on a light to tell me if it's lit.

I just pulled the burner section out of my water heater. The sparker is sparking, so it must have a gas problem. Maybe something is telling the gas valve not to open. So now I have the fan blowing more directly inside to hopefull "fix" it. I won't be a happy camper if I don't have hot water tomorrow morning. Just letting everybody know.

I just pulled the burner section out of my water heater. The sparker is sparking, so it must have a gas problem. Maybe something is telling the gas valve not to open. So now I have the fan blowing more directly inside to hopefull "fix" it. I won't be a happy camper if I don't have hot water tomorrow morning. Just letting everybody know.

So mushroom cloud from your end of the country is you, not an attack?

I just got off the phone with one of my Dad's friends. She and her husband lived in the same building as my parents and they did a lot together. When both Dad and Peg lost their spouses, they because "companions". They never moved in together but Peg would cook for Dad and he would take her out for dinner.

She moved to the island around the same time Dad moved in with us - they were both not able to look after themselves any more and moved in with family.

She asked me about a Vancouver legend, Dal Richards - a band leader and musician extraordinaire. She said his radio program wasn't on any more. I looked it up and it is now on his website. The current version is Christmas music and I realized how much I missed listening to the show with Dad. Dal talks about all history of the songs and singers. I have to admit I have a few tears rolling down my face - a beautiful memory of time with Dad while he could still enjoy his love for music.

That's all I'm on...got done folding the laundry and couldn't believe Shrek only wore one pair of socks in three weeks...and where were my work underthings??? I had forgotten the whites in a washer. Duh!!! An extra 30 minutes I won't get back, wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't already packed up my book and the quarters in the first basket out in the car.

PF, at least you washed the laundry. TB was looking for a new uniform for today and said he couldn't find one. I said they were in the dryer. It turns out I put his load in the washer, forgot to turn them on and then put the dry dirty clothes into the dryer and turned it on.

Okay, I was coming off of morphine and still in pain! :wacko:

PF, at least you washed the laundry. TB was looking for a new uniform for today and said he couldn't find one. I said they were in the dryer. It turns out I put his load in the washer, forgot to turn them on and then put the dry dirty clothes into the dryer and turned it on.

Okay, I was coming off of morphine and still in pain! :wacko:

Oh no!!! Honest, I don't have the giggles...:wacko:

Speaking of memory lapses......I have searched my house high and low for a second bag of white chocolate chips that I swear I bought last week. They are no where to be found :( oh dear, dear memory, how I miss you. Hope that makes you feel better LP and PF. BTW PF, you just reminded me that DH's work laundry is still in the washer from yesterday.......argh, hope it hasn't "soured" already. Off to the laundry room ;)

Speaking of memory lapses......I have searched my house high and low for a second bag of white chocolate chips that I swear I bought last week. They are no where to be found :( oh dear, dear memory, how I miss you. Hope that makes you feel better LP and PF. BTW PF, you just reminded me that DH's work laundry is still in the washer from yesterday.......argh, hope it hasn't "soured" already. Off to the laundry room ;)

Perfect, my work is done...:) I hope the laundry is okay and you don't have to wash it again.

At least this time I didn't leave a dryer full of jeans at the laundromat, I've done that before...every pair of jeans we owned at the time.:rolleyes: Luckily they were still there when I got back.

Ha lucky you didn't have to wear your Jammie's to the laundromat to pick up your jeans! Lol!
Oh! And the laundry is fine, just popped it in the dryer after giving it the sniff test, it still smelled like Gain!

Last edited:
Ha lucky you didn't have to wear your Jammie's to the laundromat to pick up your jeans! Lol!
Oh! And the laundry is fine, just popped it in the dryer after giving it the sniff test, it still smelled like Gain!

It would have been more like wearing jammies to go to work for the both of us. At least our work at the time had a very liberal dress code.:ROFLMAO:

Just got back from a swim, had a fried egg sandwich and will head out to my sisters house. We are all going to a performance of Handel's Messiah by the local community chorus. This year it is a sing-a-long.

I take it the sing a long is only for the Hallelujah Chorus. The full performance is two hours long. I know. I have sat through it on several occasions. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom