What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just got home after a full day of air travel and 2 weeks in Mexico. The cheap Kahlua arrived home intact, my new ratty cowboy hat and DH's new fedora not so much. Despite being stuffed with dirty clothes, the hats are a bit smushed. We love the Global Entry cards, we were waved through lines even ahead of the airline crews!

And, we pick up Beagle tomorrow!

Last edited:
We just got home after a full day of air travel and 2 weeks in Mexico. The cheap Kahlua arrived home intact, my new ratty cowboy hat and DH's new fedora not so much. Despite being stuffed with dirty clothes, the hats are a bit smushed. We love the Global Entry cards, we were waved through lines even ahead of the airline crews!

And, we pick up Beagle tomorrow!

What did you buy me? :LOL:

Figured you needed at least one brat to ask that!

Right now I'm sitting on the sofa with my leg elevated and ice on my knee and am being entertained by the hummingbird extravaganza at the feeder hanging on the front porch.

What busy little creatures and they seem to have such a good time. I could watch them for hours...and I do.

I just finished lunch, a leftover garlic/parm chicken thigh and two stuffed mushrooms from the other night. And the obligatory two pieces of bread and butter because I was not filled up. Prior to that I sprayed the house and shed to keep the bugs (spiders) at bay. And now I am thinking about making myself a Mexican sundae while watching The Last Samurai for the umpteenth time... no, definitely making the sundae...

Katie, I am glad you are resting and able to enjoy the hummingbirds!

I am waiting for one of my nine-year-olds to arrive. The other will be coming a little later. Both their Moms are working part days and they are off school for Easter. But they pretty much entertain themselves with the pets and each other. TB has a couple of projects for them while I get ready for dinner. We are having his parents and brother over for a late Easter meal.

Nobody has done anything since yesterday? I'm sick with a cough that won't stop but otherwise feel fine.

Today is laundry day. But I just got my package of accessories for my Cricut so I may forget a few laundry transfers as I play with it! :LOL:

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Last edited:
I am killing time until I feel like eating something substantive. Possibly a bacon and tomato sandwich. I bought a large loaf of round Italian bread. Will take one piece and cut it in half. Big enough for me. Along with a glass of milk. I have some leftover tarter sauce from the clams and am thinking of using that instead of mayonnaise. A perfect excuse to use my new tomato slicer. :angel:

Hmm, Andy, now you have me thinking about what you were up to yesterday. :ermm:

SO Supervised my de-winterizing my bedroom. Took off the heated mattress pad, flipped the mattress and box spring and made the bed. The winter comforter went to the laundry and the spring bedspread took its place.

Boring, but you asked for it.

:LOL: Andy and LP!

Still catching up on the mountains of trip laundry, it just won't stop. But it was too nice to spend all day inside, so I'm cleaning out the flower beds, it's amazing how nice and fresh everything looks when all the dead winter brush is cleared away.

A man drove up while I was outside, and wanted to come back and make me a salad in an hour. Why not? He returned and found me cleaning out another flower garden. He's with a company called Healthy Cooking USA, and proceeded to whip up a nice fresh salad with a really cool looking machine that has all sorts of different blade attachments. He sells healthy personal chef services. I didn't buy anything, but now I know what we're having for dinner!

Last edited:
SO Supervised my de-winterizing my bedroom. Took off the heated mattress pad, flipped the mattress and box spring and made the bed. The winter comforter went to the laundry and the spring bedspread took its place.

Boring, but you asked for it.

I played host to one of the 9 year olds I sometimes have on school holidays until 1:30 then crashed in bed because I had been up all night coughing. I had to cancel dinner with my Mom/Dad/Brother-in-law because I felt too lousy and tired to cook. This is after cancelling on them all Christmas Day because I had been in the ER until 2 am with my gall bladder problems! :(

So, boring as it may seem, I am living vicariously through your yesterday, Andy! ;)

SO has been having a ball working in the garden behind our condo. Cleaning, raking, planting, planning. It's her favorite pass time.

Wow, it is like Christmas! I just got a second package - a crochet project notebook. However, the pages have been printed portrait instead of landscape and it is pretty much unusable so what I am doing now is writing a letter to the publisher to get a new copy. I was so looking forward to it too!

SO has been having a ball working in the garden behind our condo. Cleaning, raking, planting, planning. It's her favorite pass time.

I can't wait to plant my herbs. I started them from seeds and can't believe they all came up! I don't really have a very green thumb....well unless I am dying fondant for leaves and then my whole hand usually turns green! Sugar flowers are my specialty, real ones, not so much.

At the beginning of the month I had my four peeps. Yes, I bit the heads off first. Then today, when I went to the store I picked up my two favorite candy bars. Mounds and a Peppermint Patty. I ate the mounds on the way home from the store. The Patty is still waiting for me. YUM! That is it for me for the year. Although I will get four more peeps at Halloween and then again at Christmas. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom