What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will need baby pictures!

LL

Another sleepless night here. If I am not coughing, my legs are swollen and cramping. In 3 1/2 hours I can call my doctor's office to see if I can get an appointment to see her.

Obviously the antibiotic the clinic gave me isn't working and I am having some side-effects from it. I should have gone to my doctor in the first place, but she is an hour drive and I am really not comfortable driving over the bridges to get there so it has to be when TB is off.

But I have been productive. I caught up on American Idol, cleaned off my desk, made a grocery list and started making notes for our vow renewal. We can't do too much until we talk to the Pastor, but I can jot down a list of what I will need to plan - not as much as for a first wedding, but still things to do.

Last edited:
The only financial skills I have is spending money.
I just got back from making the rounds to the local gun shops.
And wouldn't you know one followed me home... It's pretty accurate for a little thing.

Now I'm thinking of making a run to the grocery store. I need chocolate syrup and French bread.

Hmm, most people dip their bread in olive oil! :LOL:

Went to some garage sales this morning. (not raining for a change). I got some great cookbooks, they were all 50 cents each. Including a Gooseberry Patch Christmas cookbook (regular price of $19.95). :)

Another sleepless night here. If I am not coughing, my legs are swollen and crampingng. In 3 1/2 hours I can call my doctor's office to see if I can get an appointment to see her.

Armchair diagnosis here----- and I hope you'll just take it as intended---- just something to think about. I don't know all the ins and outs of your health or what the doctor said.

Just those three symptoms above made me decide to ask you.

Has your doctor done a blood test called D-dimer? Better yet, has he already decided that you don't have a blood clot that often forms in the legs then travels to the lungs?

Those are called DVTs (deep vein thromboses) and often result in a pulmonary embolism (clot in the lungs). They can be VERY serious. I almost died because the doctor I had at that time ignored the coughing I had (gave me an inhaler!) Swollen legs and cramping are also signs of DVTs.

Now, I'll stand down and hope you take my mere suggestion in a kindly way.

Gosh, I'm so far behind here.....lol. So glad it's Friday, I've been called in to work more than I care for this week, and I'm exhausted. Maybe I'm getting too old to work with multiple children. :ermm::LOL:

pac, congrats on your new chicks. I would love to have just a few chickens, for just a few eggs, but zoning won't allow it.

Just made myself a screwdriver - I rarely have booze in my house so had to stop at the liquor store and buy it. Going to sit out on the patio for a while and enjoy every sip. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Now, I'll stand down and hope you take my mere suggestion in a kindly way.

No worries, Cave. Yes, I have been checked for clots. Just last month I was hospitalized with pain in my chest after my gall bladder surgery and it was a pocket of blood in my liver which they drained.

I did see my doctor today, and she is running a new set of blood tests regarding my anemia and infection. She is also very concerned about the water retention and has increased my diuretic for one week just to see what happens. If it gets worse in that time, or no better after, then I have to go back for more tests.

As for the coughing, yes, I do have bronchitis and was having a reaction to the anti-biotic the clinic put me on. I am now on Amoxicillin and rest for 7 days. She wants me to do light exercise so my chronic pain stays in check, but no pool until my lungs clear up.

I am very tired tonight after the two-hour travel time and almost an hour in the doctor's office waiting. Plus I had to go out to get my prescription and some food I can eat while TB went to work. I think it is curl up with the furbabies time and early to bed.

I am getting so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am glad I have my hat orders and a re-wedding to plan! :)

I'm sitting at the MVA waiting to renew my driver's license....whooohoooo ;-)

About the same time we were waiting in the Toll Booth office for a decal for my new van for the two toll bridges. They had cancelled my old decal on the car I traded in, but never issued me a new one so I had 6 round trips at full price deducted from my credit card! It should have been 3 free trips and three at half price. I will be getting a credit on the next bill!

Hope you got a good picture on your license, Dave. Mine looks like a morgue shot, seriously!

Because my daughter works for the DMV, I often get special treatment. I get special "before hours" appointments to go in for my ID. As a result, I make it a point to look my very best. I learned many years ago to;

turn my shoulders slightly to the side;
turn your head to the opposite side you have turned your shoulders,
and never look directly at the camera lens. Look slightly downward and to the side.

I have never had a bad picture taken at the DMV. You can smile for your picture. Just remember, you won't be smiling if you get stopped for a violation. I always have just a small slight smile on my face. In fact I had a cop once ask me if I had a professional picture taken and gave it to the DMV to place in their computer system.

Right now I am sitting her watching Sleeping Beauty on PBS. It has been years since I have seen this ballet. I love the music along with the ballet and movement. :angel:

I'm sitting at the MVA waiting to renew my driver's license....whooohoooo ;-)

You just reminded me that my license expires in November. :) I just texted my daughter's friend who works at the DMV, and was told I may have to have a vision test to renew my license this year. There might be 3 or 4 people ahead of me in line in this small town. :LOL:

Last edited:
Tonight around 8 I got this wild notion to try my hand at making macarons, they were a success! They could have used more prominent "feet" but I can work on that!

I'll have to post a pic in the baking thread.

Back
Top Bottom