What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie...it's about time for me to take the master bath shower doors off for a good cleaning, too. I've been less than happy with what I've bought over the years, even though I clean them pretty regularly, too. Care to share what product you bought at Sam's that you're so happy with? :) I just bought a bottle of commercial Zep "All Around" at Home Depot, but haven't tried it yet. :)

I've been getting something called ProForce Bathroom and Tile Cleaner at my local Sam's Club. However, I just noticed that it seems to be available only online now. Doesn't matter to me. I would crawl over broken glass to get the stuff.

I also forgot to mention that I use it to remove all tea and coffee stains from my tea pitchers/pots and coffee servers. I just spray a little in each container and, within seconds, I can rinse out even the toughest stains. My tea pitchers look just like new now.

Fasting. Not a remarkable feat since we just finished dinner. I have to go for blood tests tomorrow morning in preparation for a medical appointment next Monday.

Since I don't know what test you're having done----and I don't need to know---just a word about fasting for a lipid (cholesterol) panel, a very common test for a lot of people:

Fasting isn't always needed for that screening test.

I am still really sore and will be for a few days but had a great sleep in my recliner where I couldn't roll or move much.

Andy, my Dad had to go for fasting blood tests every 3 months. I used to drive him right when the clinic would open at 7:30 am and then we would go to A&W for sausage and eggers, hash browns and orange juice. It always tasted so good on those occasions.

I am still really sore and will be for a few days but had a great sleep in my recliner where I couldn't roll or move much.

Andy, my Dad had to go for fasting blood tests every 3 months. I used to drive him right when the clinic would open at 7:30 am and then we would go to A&W for sausage and eggers, hash browns and orange juice. It always tasted so good on those occasions.

Laurie, I've been doing this for years. At first it was every three months but has extended out to 6. It's really insignificant, a minor annoyance. I skipped dessert last night and juice with my morning pills. Came home and had breakfast as usual.

Just got done making some rhubarb jam. It's so good as a spread on bread and butter and it is also good as an ice cream topping.

JoAnn, what did you do to get yours to gel? I've made 2 batches, one with pectin and one with orange, and both turned out to be sauce. I've been making it for years, and I don't know if this was a particularily "wet" batch of rhubarb as it always gelled in the past.

Last edited:
JoAnn, what did you do to get yours to gel? I've made 2 batches, one with pectin and one with orange, and both turned out to be sauce. I've been making it for years, and I don't know if this was a particularily "wet" batch of rhubarb as it always gelled in the past.

I use a package of strawberry jello. You could also use cherry or raspberry.

When I make jam, I cook it until it passes the "jam test". I pour a little bit on a cold plate. I hold the plate vertically and let the jam drip. Then I turn the plate, still vertically, 90° and if it doesn't drip again, it's done.

I have never made rhubarb jam.

Thanks guys! My grandma would sometimes make it with strawberry jello. I'm thinking that with all the rain we had this year, the rhubarb was pretty juicy. Last year's batch gelled really well with just pectin.

Oh well, the sauce tastes really good!

I'm working on cleaning out the fridge. I finally got rid of some salad dressings and stuff from last year, and had already cooked up the huge ham that was taking up so much space. Now I have places where I can put more stuff!

Last edited:
I'm about to order in some Asian food as I am still really sore and can't stand up long enough to make anything (my story and I am sticking to it ;))

Then I am going to curl up in my recliner, watch the 6pm news followed by Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. After that is pretty much up for grabs. May even go have another nap because the pain medication they gave me yesterday makes me really drowsy.

Take care, LB. Hope you get a good night's sleep. :)

As for what I'm doing....catching up on here for a bit, and about ready to head for my recliner as well and try to find a movie. :)

I'm awake too late. I broke a crown on a molar and the dang thing abcessed! I have antibiotics and painkillers, but good grief......this is really annoying! Hard to sleep, so I'm watching Chopped and looking around here.

I am wide awake and in quite a bit of pain. I don't want to take any more narcotic if I don't have to but the Tylenol is not working anymore and neither are my chronic pain techniques. This is acute pain, but my techniques usually work on that as well.

So, I am checking in here and playing a few games. I am hoping I will get sleepy soon, whether I sleep in bed or in my recliner.

Supposedly Boss is back today from vacation. It will be nice to slip back into my own work and not worry about keeping him up to date. I had to repair a whole listing for him, because the cut and pasting I was doing was covering other information, not just inserting it. Arrgh...I swear I will never get the hang of Excel.

Supposedly Boss is back today from vacation. It will be nice to slip back into my own work and not worry about keeping him up to date. I had to repair a whole listing for him, because the cut and pasting I was doing was covering other information, not just inserting it. Arrgh...I swear I will never get the hang of Excel.

I wish I was there to help you. Excel has to be one of my favorite programs. I would gladly do the whole program for you. :angel:

I wish I was there to help you. Excel has to be one of my favorite programs. I would gladly do the whole program for you. :angel:

Thanks Addie, I did get it all fixed before I left yesterday...but what a mess. I can use it as long as it is set up, but doing dopey things like I did with the cut and paste...oh well. Now I know better. I should have been "copy and insert" not "copy and paste".

Last edited:
When I worked for the church, they had just gotten a new computer. Up to the day I walked through the door, everything was done manually with pencil and paper. I set up the whole program for the financial needs and activities of the church. By the time I was through, all the finance committee had to do on Sunday morning after services was enter the amount of each envelope into the right page and the loose monies into "week collections" on another. Then the whole thing would roll over into the debit/credit for the end of the year report. Each member that had a church envelope had their own page. There were more than 250 pages in the whole program. Took me seven months to set the whole thing up. :angel:

I am sitting here next to a small bag of little Milk Bones for Teddy. I should put them away or I might find myself nibbling on them should I get the urge to eat or snack. My neighbor gets them at our local bank just up the street. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom