What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got home from the hospital. I stayed overnight with my grandson Josh, who is 10. He fell and broke his wrist yesterday at school. They had to do surgery to repair the damage. He was in a lot of pain last night but is doing much better this morning. Last night he said, grandma, I didn't know you had to be naked to have surgery.:) He broke his left wrist and he is left handed. Poor little guy.

Just got home from the hospital. I stayed overnight with my grandson Josh, who is 10. He fell and broke his wrist yesterday at school. They had to do surgery to repair the damage. He was in a lot of pain last night but is doing much better this morning. Last night he said, grandma, I didn't know you had to be naked to have surgery.:) He broke his left wrist and he is left handed. Poor little guy.
Poor baby. I hope he heals quickly and the pain goes away fast. I know how he feels I fell and broke my right wrist and it's been ugly. At least grandma was with him. best to that young man.
kadesma

Poor baby. I hope he heals quickly and the pain goes away fast. I know how he feels I fell and broke my right wrist and it's been ugly. At least grandma was with him. best to that young man.
kadesma

Thanks kadesma, he was suppose to go with his class on a field trip up to the city park for a picnic tomorrow and on May 31 to the city pool for a day of swimming. He won't be able to do either but I will make sure we will do something special for him.

Thanks kadesma, he was suppose to go with his class on a field trip up to the city park for a picnic tomorrow and on May 31 to the city pool for a day of swimming. He won't be able to do either but I will make sure we will do something special for him.
How nice. I can tell you love that boy dearly. I have 3 like that and 1 is MY boy and has been right from the start.Have fun with him and give him a hug for me and there is one for you as well.
kades

i hope the little guy is feeling better, joann.

we're getting ready for baseball team and individual pictures tonight.

my boy filled out the order form from the photographer and it totalled $120!!! :blink: :(

he wants 8x10s, baseball cards, game tickets, a bobblehead, and so on, all with his picture in his uniform.

i told him that i planted apple trees in the back yard, not money trees...

i hope the little guy is feeling better, joann.

we're getting ready for baseball team and individual pictures tonight.

my boy filled out the order form from the photographer and it totalled $120!!! :blink: :(

he wants 8x10s, baseball cards, game tickets, a bobblehead, and so on, all with his picture in his uniform.

i told him that i planted apple trees in the back yard, not money trees...

bt,
my boys wanted that stuff when they were tadpoles. They were each allowed 2 items and that was it. They were given the there is always nxt year speech and would you believe they agreed. ? If he is as wise As I think he is he will go along. I'll bet he is a real cutie now. hugs to you both.
kades

Ok have to paint 2 bird houses, 4 roof tiles that I want to paint with wine bottles and grapes plus leaves, Just finished baking for the nurses, now painting will begin but first I need to plant a 6 pack of impatients, 3 geraniums finished putting in 4 jalapeno's and 6 sweet white Italina peppers. Geez golly I'm not busy:ROFLMAO:
kades

Watching an episode of Eureka, had a cup of coffee. The houskeepers did Nachos for the Nurses today at work and I am once again stuffed. This has been a bad diet week.

Trying to decide what to have for dinner - I am really not hungry and can't swallow much. Think I might make a run to DQ for a shake.

yeah, wow, what's going on with the sawx, andy?
the yanks aren't much better this year so far. (but still better, he hee)

while at the baseball pictures tonight, which was a madhouse, i was appalled to hear a coach from another team (of 6 thru 8 year olds) trash talking our best pitcher, saying that he should be on their team instead of one that sucks. (my team happens to be mostly leftover and late entry kids because the primary coach was late the night of the sign-ups, and yes, they suck. but they have fun and don't know they suck, so i'm good with that).

i didn't say anything at the time, but this gordita bruja had better watch out come next week's coach's meeting.
:mad:
you don't disparage my kids and get away with it.

...while at the baseball pictures tonight, which was a madhouse, i was appalled to hear a coach from another team (of 6 thru 8 year olds) trash talking our best pitcher, saying that he should be on their team instead of one that sucks. (my team happens to be mostly leftover and late entry kids because the primary coach was late the night of the sign-ups, and yes, they suck. but they have fun and don't know they suck, so i'm good with that).

i didn't say anything at the time, but this gordita bruja had better watch out come next week's coach's meeting.
:mad:
you don't disparage my kids and get away with it.

Why don't parents get it. Kids baseball is about teaching, playing, having fun. Trashing other teams and riding kids at the games is totally inappropriate.

Shrek coached for one season when his boys were small, he couldn't stand it. The kids were great, but he was going to end up in prison taking out some parents.

I'm waiting for Stirling's plane to land. I think I will let him take a taxi home. It's such a hassle putting the car at the long term parking and taking a shuttle to airport building. I could spend twice as much for the valet parking up close, but then it isn't all that much cheaper than just taking the taxi and I don't have to wait around for luggage and all that stuff.
We didn't even figure this out before he got on the plane. I'll send him a text message. If he wants me to come get him anyway, it's a 15 minute drive to the airport.

I'm waiting for Stirling's plane to land. I think I will let him take a taxi home. It's such a hassle putting the car at the long term parking and taking a shuttle to airport building. I could spend twice as much for the valet parking up close, but then it isn't all that much cheaper than just taking the taxi and I don't have to wait around for luggage and all that stuff.
We didn't even figure this out before he got on the plane. I'll send him a text message. If he wants me to come get him anyway, it's a 15 minute drive to the airport.

Next time drive to a hotel near the airport and have a drink in the bar, your sweetie can hop an airport shuttle to the hotel and join you for a drink. I have found this a great compromise and much nicer than dealing with airport traffic and parking!

Next time drive to a hotel near the airport and have a drink in the bar, your sweetie can hop an airport shuttle to the hotel and join you for a drink. I have found this a great compromise and much nicer than dealing with airport traffic and parking!
And maybe since it IS her birthday, they could have just stayed at the hotel for a night! :angel:

I am off to the pool for my water walking. My knee is still swollen but the doctor said if I stick to straight forward walking at a normal pace I should be fine. Hopefully next week I can get in three times! :)

Excellent idea, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom