What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good plan ! Stay warm tomorrow !!
It's not going to be much colder than today: low of -2C (28F).

I picked up canned and dry cat food and a new kind of cat litter. It's made of corn husks and it's supposed to be clumping. The 4.8 kg bag is much seems to be much more voluminous than the 7 kg box of clay based clumping litter. It's supposed to last twice as long as the same weight of clay based litter. It's also biodegradable. I'll see how it works out.

We have plenty of catnip.

We have plenty of milk, hootch, coffee, tea, toilet paper, and food. So, I won't have to go out in that white stuff that I don't want to see.

Last edited:
It's not going to be much colder than today: low of -2C (28F).

I picked up canned and dry cat food and a new kind of cat litter. It's made of corn husks and it's supposed to be clumping. The 4.8 kg bag is much seems to be much more voluminous than the 7 kg box of clay based clumping litter. It's supposed to last twice as long as the same weight of clay based litter. It's also biodegradable. I'll see how it works out.

We have plenty of catnip.

We have plenty of milk, hootch, coffee, tea, toilet paper, and food. So, I won't have to go out in that white stuff that I don't want to see.

I would like a review of the cat litter and the name of it if Shreddy likes it.

Drinking some Cayenne Tea to get rid of this terrible headache. Seems my new glasses need adjusting, they're pressing on my temples.
Maybe the spicy tea will warm me enough to find the courage to go and bath lol!
8 am and still in my PJ's!

I have done so much ironing today and some housework, now relaxing with a well deserved cup of coffee :)

I know how much you enjoy ironing. If I were your neighbor I would do it all for you so you could sit in your recliner with a cup of coffee all day. I know, I am mean. Taking away your ironing! :angel:

I am sitting here wondering about SB and how she is doing. I woudn't be surprised if we didn't hear from her until tomorrow. :angel:

Really? What do you hate about it?

I really prefer it to the stuff I had to completely change every 3-4 days. It is also better at keeping down odour.

It's a finer grit, which tends to find its way out of the litter box more. And the clumps stick like glue to the plastic, making the box harder to clean when it needs it.
I've found that putting a much smaller amount of regular litter into the box and emptying every other day (for one cat) works better for me.

It's a finer grit, which tends to find its way out of the litter box more. And the clumps stick like glue to the plastic, making the box harder to clean when it needs it.
I've found that putting a much smaller amount of regular litter into the box and emptying every other day (for one cat) works better for me.
Okay, that makes sense. It's true, there is more grit on the floor with the clumping stuff. I find that if I put a lot (about twice as much as they recommend) of litter in the box, there is less problem with it sticking to the box.

OK, this might sound nuts, but it works. We use a baby bathtub and fill it quite full of litter. That eliminates the sticking issue. The cats like it better because it feels more private, and they can't kick the litter over the edge. I found that a little hunk of carpet around the edge of the box for them to wipe their feet on helps too. I know, I know, cats don't wipe their feet. Still works though.

Back
Top Bottom