What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have found a great moving animations/emoticons website! (I am an emoticonaholic). :ohmy:

Here is the link for moving food images (9 pages + cakes)
excited.gif
in case you want to copy and paste any. ;)

food Animations

No rain here for awhile, so I went out to water the plants. Then I noticed one of my whiskey barrel planters was totally smashed. I was about to go over and confront the Bad Neighbor, but then DH reminded me that a friend was over yesterday with his tractor to spread some rock, and probably didn't realize he hit the planter.

Munky, I'd want to run that outta town, too! :ermm: :ohmy: :LOL:

We used to have an ice cream truck, but haven't seen him in a few years. He must have gotten the boot too, or went broke, and that's fine by me and everyone else around here. :LOL:

I had a hair appointment this morning and then had a little shopping to do. Came home and have been pretty much kicking back the rest of the day. :)

You live around the corner from me don't ya?:ROFLMAO:

I was ok with the BOING! sound.But when that females sexy voice replied "Hellooo" The party was over.My husband who hadn't heard that one before, all he's ever heard is It's a small world.Commented that guy was crazy! He didn't believe me until he heard it himself.Like I'd make something like that up.Our sons are grown men now.They even said that was creepy.Kind of like a clowns.:ohmy:

More hummingbird food. 4 parts water to one part sugar. The little dears have been buzzing me.

I boil mine. My dad just mixed sugar and water together and put it in his feeders when he lived in Arizona. They all turned black and moldy. His girlfriend and I both told him to boil it. You couldn't tell Dad anything.

Thanks, Munky. I have been checking prices online for a number of things. It might be taking me longer to get things done, but at least I know what kind of bargaining power I have when someone tries to talk me down from a fair price to peanuts.

It's a little after 10PM here on the west coast and I'm going to bed within 15 minutes....OK, maybe a half hour. :rolleyes: :LOL:

I'm probably going to have to exchange my night owl for an early bird. :ohmy: I talked with my daughter this evening - she's a teacher and SIL is a cop, and my grandson Tyler just started Kindergarten. Mom and Dad's hours will be changing soon, and since I am the Grandma :) and live within walking distance of Tyler's school, he might be getting dropped off to me at 7AM when they have to be at work, so that I can walk him to school and get him there by 8.
It's only a 15 minute walk from here, through a residential neighborhood.

I'm more than happy to do that! Just will take some getting used to. I'm starting on my early bird schedule now, even though their schedule change won't actually start for another week. Gotta get used to it. Nighty night! :LOL:

Last edited:
I have been fighting all night with the computer. Something went screwy with my internet connection. I spent or rather Pirate did more than an hour with my Comcast. And even they couldn't find the problem. I finally kept restoring it further and further back until I got it up and running again. About 15 days back. I know that Windows sent a bunch of updates late yesterday. All for one that refused to install. I think it was that one that did the damage. :angel:

I looked out in the back yard, and thought, what are those big whitish clumps? They weren't here yesterday. Then upon closer inspection, they looked like Hen of the Woods mushrooms! I was so excited!

After consulting my trusty mushroom book, I found they are not Hens, they are Black Staining Polypores. Drat. While not exactly poisonous, Blacks can cause "severe digestive distress." No thank you.

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1439828345.234941.jpg

Last edited:
The temp was at 81 degrees and I had the window wide open. So I look at my Weather Bug and checked the humidity. Only 83%. No wonder my AC was working overtime. And we have central AC. Every time I walked past the window, you could feel the humidity coming right in the window. I had Pirate close it quickly. :angel:

It's a little after 10PM here on the west coast and I'm going to bed within 15 minutes....OK, maybe a half hour. :rolleyes: :LOL:

I'm probably going to have to exchange my night owl for an early bird. :ohmy: I talked with my daughter this evening - she's a teacher and SIL is a cop, and my grandson Tyler just started Kindergarten. Mom and Dad's hours will be changing soon, and since I am the Grandma :) and live within walking distance of Tyler's school, he might be getting dropped off to me at 7AM when they have to be at work, so that I can walk him to school and get him there by 8.
It's only a 15 minute walk from here, through a residential neighborhood.

I'm more than happy to do that! Just will take some getting used to. I'm starting on my early bird schedule now, even though their schedule change won't actually start for another week. Gotta get used to it. Nighty night! :LOL:

Careful Cheryl,
Those 15 min walks really tone up the legs.Other mom's will think your Tyler's Mom and not his Grandma... Watch that Grandma strut.WOOOO!:ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:

:LOL:
I don't know about being mistaken for Tyler's mom, Munky, only in my dreams! :ROFLMAO: I do hope her hours change though, and that this works out. Twofold - I'll get to spend time with Little Man every single day, and it will also give me a reason to HAVE to get out and walk every day - no more "oh, I'll walk tomorrow..." ;)

CG, I just recently read that same link on El Nino - scary stuff.

I hear ya, Taxy. I don't want to 'adult' today either, so I'm putting it off until tomorrow. :)

I just made a batch of vanishing oatmeal raisin cookies - they're baking now and the house smells so good. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom