What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol, Casey.

I just spent 6 hours cleaning, dusting, wiping down monitors, and running pathological tests (stressing computer and audio video systems) in 8 control rooms in preparation for today's Super Bowl.

Not the most glorious job, but it pays the bills. I went through and entire case of Swiffer 360 dusters, and dozens of touchscreen monitor wipes.

Some of the young hot-shot engineers that I work with complain when they have to do this kind of work. They seem to think they're above it. Very book and tech smart, but little knowledge of the real world.

A true engineer makes things work, no matter what. They'll learn. (I hope I'm still around to see it..,)

A loss of a 30th of a second of a single commercial could cost the company over $5 million every 30 seconds.

I think I deserve a percentage of one of those commercials. :)

It is Sunday. My dog woke me up early. I checked the internet. My monitor may be dirty, I don't know, and don't care. What's a Swiffer -- it's probably not legal in Texas.

A true artist makes things look good... or not. We don't care what others think.

I know I deserve a percentage of a lot of things, but I didn't get it in writing.

Welcome to my world, BT.

CD

I know if I had the TV on 24/7 it would mess with my mind. Constant noise can't be good for anyone, case in point, methods of torture. I used to have music on all the time and that was somewhat soothing, but to hear all the senseless yap and noise of an unwatched TV is beyond my understanding. Silence is often golden. Just thinking out loud here..well not really.

Off to the kitchen to make some Mexican Cornbread.

I know if I had the TV on 24/7 it would mess with my mind. Constant noise can't be good for anyone, case in point, methods of torture. I used to have music on all the time and that was somewhat soothing, but to hear all the senseless yap and noise of an unwatched TV is beyond my understanding. Silence is often golden. Just thinking out loud here..well not really.

I turn the sound down before going to bed.

Kayelle, I agree. Heck, I wear earplugs to bed every night just so I don't hear anything.

So, you were a party girl in HS, wink, wink, nudge nudge.

CD
:ROFLMAO: Hardly! :LOL: More like a bookworm. I'd hide under my bed covers, reading by flashlight, till all hours of the morning. That is, I'd read if I couldn't pick up a baseball game, any baseball game, on my little 2-transistor radio. I'd roll the dial up and down the AM band looking for any far-away station I could get.

Hardly the party girl. :LOL:

I can turn everything off in my house, and still be tortured with constant noise. :w00t2:

CD

I can turn everything off in my house, and still be tortured with constant noise from the voices in my head.
Finished it off for ya. ;)

I can hear what sounds like freeway noise quite often. The funny thing is, the interstate is over 2 miles away as the crow flies, even longer by road. Himself, on the other had, can't hear worth anything. He just finished up with an audiologist, trying to decide if he should get hearing aids or not. I told him to tell the doctor not to bother - they haven't invented a listening aid yet. :D Let's just say if I did the M&M test, he could hear it drop from 30 feet away.

I'm sitting downstairs with my feet up, yesterday was a trip to after hours surgery for infected toe, man it hurts so bad. $122 later redness only marginally gone down.no work for a few days. Antibiotics Should be kicking in soon.

Russ

The agony of da feet, huh, Rascal?
Hope you're feeling better soon. Back on your feet, as it were.

I can't put any weight on it because of the pain, I'm crawling around the house on my knees. Should be right by tomorrow?

Russ

You drive a truck, right? Tell the boss to put you on a "toe truck."

Tow truck... see what I did there. Does any of that translate to New Zealand?

CD :D

You drive a truck, right? Tell the boss to put you on a "toe truck."

Tow truck... see what I did there. Does any of that translate to New Zealand?

CD :D

Exactly what we call,them, toe trucks,lol. I'm semi retired but helping a friend who has a trucking company. He can't get good staff so I do 1 to 2 days a week. He says he can't get guys who are drug free or don't wear their trousers half way down their backsides,lol.
Trunk. Boot
Hood. Bonnet
Plus we use the u, in words like colour.

Russ

Soccer: Both sides fans root during a 0-0 game...for 89 minutes, then a penalty kick decides it.
The drama! I thought I was having a heart attack. Nope. Just indigestion.

Last edited:
150 head of cattle going out Monday. With these below zero wind chills we have been putting extra bedding in the he barn. They can go outside if they want to. They are not confined inside. They prefer to be in there. We cleaned the barn yesterday. It was so warm the floor was steaming. We bed them down with big round bales of cornstalks. We have a machine that spreads them out.
This is an old picture. This was before the weekly cleaning. I haven't taken any new ones in a while. 0424181517_HDR.jpg

Well, I was just kicking back and surfing the web. But, seems there may be a National Emergency declared today. Something about an invasion on the Southern Border -- and I live in Texas.

I better load the guns... and I wonder if Carlos will finish the repairs on my house... or try to rob, rape or kill me.

Guns loaded. I'll keep you posted as long as I'm alive.

CD :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom