What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found this bag of mixed seafood (calamari, squid, shrimp, mussels, and clams) for real cheap at giant eagle. Sauted with shallots, garlic, oil and butter, Mixed in alfredo sauce and parmesan. Saved it all for my lunches at work. It was a good week.

I found this bag of mixed seafood (calamari, squid, shrimp, mussels, and clams) for real cheap at giant eagle. Sauted with shallots, garlic, oil and butter, Mixed in alfredo sauce and parmesan. Saved it all for my lunches at work. It was a good week.

I'm jealous MegaMark.

How do you cook your calamari. I love the flavor, but it's so easy to ruin. I had to return my entree at a restaurant. I could not chew them.

If that were my bag, I'd make fritters with creamed corn and calamari

Cooked real fast.

Clam chowder, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Mussels and linguini Alfredo

Cmon, TaxLady I'm sure we can figure out a few delicious dishes with seafood like that!

Our Christmas Lunch got moved to a dinner so I had a stuffed ham sandwich for lunch.

I haven't had anything to eat yet. The sinus pressure from this cold hurts.

Guess it is time for more aspirin.

I haven't had anything to eat yet. The sinus pressure from this cold hurts.

Guess it is time for more aspirin.

Try standing in a steamy shower with the water hitting the back of your neck, breathe in through your nose as much as you can. Wish I could hand you a jar of my eucalyptus bath salts!

Try standing in a steamy shower with the water hitting the back of your neck, breathe in through your nose as much as you can. Wish I could hand you a jar of my eucalyptus bath salts!

I'll do that, and I have some Vick's Vaporub as well as some Mentholatum. Thanks, Princess. Good idea.

Went there, did that. Feels better.

It's gotten pretty chilly, time to run the heater for awhile.

Good, it's one of the things I do when my sinuses are aching. I also stir a tablespoon of the bath salts into a bowl of boiling water and put a towel over my head and breathe that in...you could try that with the Vick's, too...sure makes the bowl greasy!

Yesterdays lunch was an Avocado stuffed with chicken salad.

img_951416_0_16b042e5048a719280787e7446683df0.jpg

Good, it's one of the things I do when my sinuses are aching. I also stir a tablespoon of the bath salts into a bowl of boiling water and put a towel over my head and breathe that in...you could try that with the Vick's, too...sure makes the bowl greasy!

You could also try a hot toddy. Hot toddies are part of many cultures with different recipes. Some doctors decided to see if there was a common denominator and if it did any good.

They concluded that what you need is:

A preheated mug
some booze, your choice
some hot liquid - tea, water, coffee, etc. - your choice

Now breathe the fumes for 10 - 15 minutes. This will help open sinuses and might kill some germs. Drinking it is optional! But, it will probably make you feel better :)

I was inspired by msmofet: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f154/hitting-the-sugar-wall-69103-3.html#post950261

I made something similar using a whole grain wheat, rolled biscuit dough. It was good, but not something I will bother doing again with biscuit dough. There was too much bread for the amount of filling.

The good part is that I worked out a yummy recipe for Italian sausage (which is hard to see because it is almost the same colour as the biscuit).

Attachments

• IMG_2410.jpg
    IMG_2410.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 168

What do I do? Put the Vick's or Mentholatum in the bowl with some water and nuke it?

I tried antihistimines. Not good. It got me sleepy but with such a bad case of dry mouth that I couldn't sleep. I'm sticking to aspirin, and occasionally ibuprophen. They seem to work well together.

What do I do? Put the Vick's or Mentholatum in the bowl with some water and nuke it?

I tried antihistimines. Not good. It got me sleepy but with such a bad case of dry mouth that I couldn't sleep. I'm sticking to aspirin, and occasionally ibuprophen. They seem to work well together.

Nuke the water first and then stir a tablespoon of the Vick's in...you don't want a microwave coated with Vick's.:ohmy:

Nice suasage biscuit.

I had cottage cheese and am thinking of a salad.

I am going to put some eggs on for hard boiled to have for mixed green salad and egg salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom