What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh dear, my breakfasts are a bit sad compared to these! This morning I fried some black pudding, tomatoes (home grown), mushrooms and 2 egg yolks (yes, just the yolks). I grilled a hash brown (McCains) and had it all with a nice dollop of brown sauce. (And the obligatory coffee of course.)

Wow, Katy, nothing sad about that breakfast!
Aside from the black pudding, :sick: everything sounds great! Very similar to what I do as a big fry-up.
Bacon, onions, mushrooms, left over potatoes fried up or some potato galettes, depending on what I have in the fridge/freezer. 1 or 2 eggs (poached/fried or something) and some toast. If I have, sometimes even baked beans.

Of course after all that - I don't move for about 2 hours, sit comatose until I slowly become aware of the surrounding sounds of life going on without me.

Wow, Katy, nothing sad about that breakfast!
Aside from the black pudding, :sick: everything sounds great! Very similar to what I do as a big fry-up.
Bacon, onions, mushrooms, left over potatoes fried up or some potato galettes, depending on what I have in the fridge/freezer. 1 or 2 eggs (poached/fried or something) and some toast. If I have, sometimes even baked beans.

Of course after all that - I don't move for about 2 hours, sit comatose until I slowly become aware of the surrounding sounds of life going on without me.
Not fond of "blood sausage" then Dragn?? :ROFLMAO: Bit of an acquired taste I think! (I am surprised I like it, as I am fairly squeamish!) Have you tried it? (My American friend is coming over for a second visit next month and I am trying (mostly in vain) to persuade her to try it!) I don't like the type that has big lumps of fat in it :sick: - but the sausage itself I find very tasty!

Also, after that lot, not surprised you couldn't move! (I entirely approve of baked beans btw, but if I was having those, I would have to lose one of the other elements - just too much!)

Last edited:
So Kathleen, we have to make a quick turn about from Massachusetts and head to Florida! The race is on!
Hrumph. We can get someone closer than that to make us bagels. He doesn't like capers either but would put them on a bagel for us! I know how to ask him. No worries. :winkiss:

I like blood sausage too. Honestly there are precious few things that I don't like. 99% of the time, if I don't like it, it has to do with the texture or mouth-feel. Canned, boiled ham, for example. 😨

Hrumph. We can get someone closer than that to make us bagels. He doesn't like capers either but would put them on a bagel for us! I know how to ask him. No worries. :winkiss:

I like blood sausage too. Honestly there are precious few things that I don't like. 99% of the time, if I don't like it, it has to do with the texture or mouth-feel. Canned, boiled ham, for example. 😨
Very much the texture thing for me too!

I could not eat mushrooms until I was in my mid-late 20's. Texture, visual thing. Now I have them with and on everything.
Liver on the other hand - visual, texture and taste - blech!!! and still blech 70+?? years on.

I could not eat mushrooms until I was in my mid-late 20's. Texture, visual thing. Now I have them with and on everything.
Liver on the other hand - visual, texture and taste - blech!!! and still blech 70+?? years on.
Ooh, I've always loved mushrooms! As for liver - hm, mixed views on that. I like the flavour of it, but not necessarily a piece of cooked liver. But I like liver sausage and liver pate. I also don't mind some kidney as long as the gnarly tubes in the middle have been removed - and removing them myself generally makes me gag quite a bit!! LOL

How do you know that you still don't like liver? When was the last time you tried it. I do not like detest the flavour and the texture of overcooked liver. Still a bit pink inside and I think it's wonderful. Not so pink that there is a lot of that jiggly texture, but honestly a bit of that jiggly texture isn't as bad as the dry, chalky texture.

My grandparents were from yugoslavia, we had blood sausage fried until crispy growing up. It was good.

My breakfast is almost always fermented 9 grain rolled flakes with carrot slaw (carrot, apple, pineapple), some golden raisins, ground flax and chia seeds, cinnamon, microwaved for 3 minutes. Some days I have blackberry puree, or peach puree, or cranberries, or diced fresh fruit we have on hand (like pears), instead of the carrot slaw. It's never boring and it fills me up.

Doesn't matter taxy, I have no intention of ever tasting a liver steak again.
So, you don't actually know if you still detest it. It's just that the blech memory is still very strong after 70 some years. I understand that.

When I was about four years old, my mum needed to give me aspirin (yeah, we still gave aspirin to kids back then) and had run out of children's aspirin. So, she cut an adult aspirin in half and gave it to me. She forgot to tell me that the ones for adults weren't chewable. Blech, yuck, ewe, :sick: :yuk: To this day, I make danged sure when I take aspirin that I don't accidentally taste it, even a tiny bit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom