What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sautéed onion scrambled egg, and hot banana pepper rings. Cup of rosehip, and hibiscus tea (loose tea leaves) with honey.

egg_onion_081123_IMG_1384.jpg

rose_hip_hibiscus_ tea_081123_1_IMG_1387.jpg

rose_hip_hibiscus_ tea_081123_2_IMG_1393.jpg

Midweek, coffee (cafetiere or French depending where you reside - no fancy machine for me). Strong. White. 1 sugar. Toast (multiseed), butter, a slick of Marmite, and then topped with really good quality peanut butter.

Weekend, coffee (as above). Scrambled eggs on a grilled potato waffle. (On it's own, quite sublime, but if I have some fresh mushrooms on hand, then those, cooked in butter, and piled on top.) Obviously, a decent bit of freshly ground black pepper over everything.

I whipped up some breakfast burritos to freeze. Basically scrambled eggs, green chilis and a bit of salsa with cheese. Sadly I had no sausage to add to them. They are still tasty.

I whipped up some breakfast burritos to freeze. Basically scrambled eggs, green chilis and a bit of salsa with cheese. Sadly I had no sausage to add to them. They are still tasty.
CopyCat McMuffins work well for freezing too! No recipe needed, really, but if you have some extra English Muffins around, it is a good thing to do with them! Hint: I like to use a small but thick slice of Cheddar so when you nuke them from frozen, it will melt without just oozing out the sides and disappearing! And, I "bake" the eggs in a (large size) muffin tin to make them the just the right size without a lot of hassle.

OK, well, I finally started writing down recipes for meals again, which I haven't done for a long time and made a list of all the ingredients I needed that I didn't have. I went to the store yesterday and I bought food for a whole month. I spent a couple hundred on food and a couple hundred on bird seed and cat food. I feel like a pioneer now, there's so much in my freezer and pantry.

I have this little fridge, it's larger than a dorm fridge and much smaller than a regular fridge. I put all the meat in the fridge when I got home from the store but this morning I split up all the meat to freeze it. So some things had to come out of the freezer to make room for the meat and in the end, the only thing I couldn't fit in the freezer was the garlic bread. So I had it for breakfast this morning and the rest of it for lunch. It's filling, I'll give it that. Honestly, I'm not sure if getting to eat ALL the garlic bread by myself is a blessing or curse. Guess it could go either way depending on whether I take my Prozac or not.

On the bright side, at least there's enough room in the freezer now so the frozen chicken breasts don't fall out on my bare feet every time I open the door.

And just so everyone knows, we have a hot week coming up here in the PNW. With heat like this, I put life on hold and I don't cook. So tomorrow I'm making shrimp and rice (6 servings) and also stuffed shells (about 6 servings), and frying 8 hamburger patties. I can throw any of these into the microwave. So for the next week, breakfast will be either stuffed shells, shrimp and rice, or a hamburger. And lots and lots of ice water.

Well, that was the way too long explanation. I suppose it could have been worse. The bacon comes in a flat box, or I might have had to eat a whole pound of bacon. Or two.
I thought it was a great explanation. And, I am far too familiar with the phenomenon of frozen food falling on my bare feet.

Sometimes it's the usual oatmeal or a quick smoothie, but on weekends I love indulging a bit. Also, I am obsessed with the croissant sandwiches from Costco. Once a week, I order one platter with roasted beef and cheddar, which are my favorite.

The flavor is rich, with the beef being tender and the cheddar adding that sharp kick. My whole family is in love with them, and they pair just perfectly with our morning cappuccino. To see photos and price, you can consult a catering menu from Costco.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom