What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hadn't made tuna salad in months but I made it with two extra large boiled eggs and pickles and celery and mayonnaise and put it on a sandwich with lettuce and it tasted really good to me.

I made a sammich with Boar's Head Black Forrest ham and white American cheese. Duke's mayo on white "artisanal" thin-sliced bread. No photo -- pretty plain looking. Quite easy, though.

CD

I hadn't made tuna salad in months but I made it with two extra large boiled eggs and pickles and celery and mayonnaise and put it on a sandwich with lettuce and it tasted really good to me.

I only use Miracle Whip for one thing, and that is tuna salad. I also use chopped HB eggs and pickle relish sometimes, or diced onions and celery other times. Lettuce on the sandwich, or if I'm going low carb, I just make tuna salad lettuce wraps.

CD

I only use Miracle Whip for one thing, and that is tuna salad. I also use chopped HB eggs and pickle relish sometimes, or diced onions and celery other times. Lettuce on the sandwich, or if I'm going low carb, I just make tuna salad lettuce wraps.

CD
I put a scant amount of onions in there. I used to like a lot of onions in there but I don't anymore. Growing up my mom never bought mayonnaise and only bought Miracle Whip, but I like mayonnaise better for most things. But what I love Miracle whip in is pimento cheese. Num.

I prefer Miracle Whip in my potato salad. I put some vinegar on my potatoes after I peel them (I boil them with the skin on) and cut them up and let it sit for 20 minutes or so before adding the other ingredients. The sweetness of Miracle Whip balances so well with the slight acidity brought by the vinegar.

My wife hates mayonnaise, and it has a limited shelf life. So I never buy it, although I prefer it on sandwiches and in tuna salad.

Today I made some rice with celery and a bit of soy sauce, and tossed some in a skillet with scrambled eggs.

My mom bought Miracle Whip for most uses - except when it was at the table for dad - it was Hellman's. (back then there was only one kind, not like now with 5 different recipes for the same thing, LOL)

I prefer Miracle Whip in my potato salad. I put some vinegar on my potatoes after I peel them (I boil them with the skin on) and cut them up and let it sit for 20 minutes or so before adding the other ingredients. The sweetness of Miracle Whip balances so well with the slight acidity brought by the vinegar.

My wife hates mayonnaise, and it has a limited shelf life. So I never buy it, although I prefer it on sandwiches and in tuna salad.

Today I made some rice with celery and a bit of soy sauce, and tossed some in a skillet with scrambled eggs.
Miracle whip has a very limited shelf life too. I always have to check it since I only usually use it once every few months and sometimes I have to get rid of the partial bottle. Miracle whip is just more vinegary than mayonnaise. Just a little tangier. If I have it sometimes I use it in deviled eggs.

I put a scant amount of onions in there. I used to like a lot of onions in there but I don't anymore. Growing up my mom never bought mayonnaise and only bought Miracle Whip, but I like mayonnaise better for most things. But what I love Miracle whip in is pimento cheese. Num.
My ex-wife LOVED pimento cheese. I hate it. I couldn't even watch her eat it. :ROFLMAO:

CD

Miracle whip has a very limited shelf life too. I always have to check it since I only usually use it once every few months and sometimes I have to get rid of the partial bottle. Miracle whip is just more vinegary than mayonnaise. Just a little tangier. If I have it sometimes I use it in deviled eggs.

Yeah, I just had to through about 1/3 of a jar of Miracle Whip away, because it was bad. Mayonnaise gets used up long before it goes bad in my house.

I used Hellman's for many years, until I discovered Duke's.

CD

This is the first time I've ever heard of mayo going bad! I use more now than I ever did before but even back then I never had any go bad!
Is it because it contains more egg? Miracle Whip does too, granted not much but still has egg in it.

Yeah, I just had to through about 1/3 of a jar of Miracle Whip away, because it was bad. Mayonnaise gets used up long before it goes bad in my house.

I used Hellman's for many years, until I discovered Duke's.

CD
My favorite mayonnaise brand is Target's Market pantry mayonnaise now and it costs about half what those other ones do. But it just depends what you like. I often buy either Hellman's or Dukes, but you might try that market pantry mayonnaise from Target if you have one nearby. It used to be 2.99 but I saw the last time I bought it now it's 3.99.

I've even tried some of those Japanese brands but I did not like them.

I got some old fashioned hot dogs with real casings from Omaha Steaks that I have enjoyed with screaming yellow mustard and glow in the dark sweet pickle relish and accompanied by skinny fries right from the deep fryer. But yesterday I had a roast beef and cheddar on 10 grain Healthful bread panino (Panini is plural and I only made one!) and grilled pineapple slices on the George Foreman, with sweet potato fries from the deep fryer and Chipotle mayonnaise dipping sauce.
Wow! I sure was adventurous back then. You won't catch me making such a big production of lunch today. Today will be roast beef, lettuce and mayonnaise on 12 grain bread; wrinkled potato chips and a zero sugar soda pop.

Wow! I sure was adventurous back then. You won't catch me making such a big production of lunch today. Today will be roast beef, lettuce and mayonnaise on 12 grain bread; wrinkled potato chips and a zero sugar soda pop.
Not just that, I'll bet that you have a somewhat smaller appetite 12½ years later. I know my appetite is a fair bit smaller than it was and so is my DH's. We aren't kids any more.

I may do something similar with roast beef today, but I'm leaning towards a wrap... :unsure:
Twas very yummy... IMG_7888.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom