What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some crisp bacon on a couple of very thin, crustless, homemade honey wheat bread with a couple slices of tomato & mayo with a few chips.

McDonalds! It's been a couple months since I've eaten at one, so I splurged for a Big Mac meal. I was sorry to see their chocolate milk shakes have changed and now come with whipped cream and a cherry on top in an open container, so I sent it back for a root beer.

Tuna casserole. I threw in some frozen sliced serranos from last year's garden, and whew! are they hot!

We are heading into the city for the day today so we will be having lunch out again, not sure what yet, we will look around and see what takes our fancy :)

We ended up going to lunch in the city at a pub called The London Tavern and the meals we had were delicious!

I had atlantic salmon with the lovely crispy skin still on with chips, salad and aioli :yum:

Steve had butter chicken and rice, both were so tasty!

We ended up going to lunch in the city at a pub called The London Tavern and the meals we had were delicious!

I had atlantic salmon with the lovely crispy skin still on with chips, salad and aioli :yum:

Steve had butter chicken and rice, both were so tasty!

Kylie, I take it that you each take a bite from each other's plate. That's nice. :angel:

Homemade turkey soup and tuna fish sandwiches (That had relish it in, of all things). And for dessert, apple pie a la mode :)
I frequently hear characters in films (mostly old ones) ordering apple pie "a la mode". Please, what does it mean in food terms? I know that, literally, it means "in the style of.." but "in the style" of....what?

Last edited:
Kylie, I take it that you each take a bite from each other's plate. That's nice. :angel:

Yes, we do Ads, we like to try each others meals when we go out :)

When we go to our fave Indian restaurant we order 2 main dishes and we share them :)

We bought home some of the lovely veal parmigiana mum made me last night for my second birthday dinner, it was delicious, cant wait to have it for lunch :yum:

Brought to work for lunch some left over salmon and asparagus from last night's dinner. Tastes very good chilled.

This was my bento.

Attachments

• P1070325.JPG
    P1070325.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 138

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom