What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ads, that is wonderful to hear, I must admit the good old Aussie meat pie is pretty darn tasty!

With them introducing new dishes, you may be able to try kangaroo :)

I don't know about that. With my luck, it would hop off the table and right into my lap. Or into my pocket.

I am not one of those who think they are so cute. I think they are an interesting animal. And I hear they are creating havoc in the cities. For us it was the alligator. They were hunted to almost extinction. Now every so many years they have an alligator hunt when the numbers get too high aside from the regular hunting season. And for the ladies they can now buy alligator shoes and purses. Those articles were banned for a long time.

Up north here in Massachusetts, we are having a deer problem. The Bambi lovers have a fit over the State having an extended deer hunting season to bring the numbers down. The same problems as with the kangeroos. Damaging property, causing vehicle accidents, people getting hurt during the rutting season, etc.

I haven't tried any of the pies. Will have to send Spike down to get me one. :angel:

I had a couple of cups of corn chowder broth. I deliberately made extra broth. It is my favorite part of corn chowder. My favorite part of any chowder. As long as it is drinkable. I hate clam chowder where the spoon can stand up in the middle of the cup by itself. :angel:

Part of a tuna sub, a couple of the first homegrown cherry tomatoes of the season, and a handful of my homegrown blueberries.

Last edited:
A salad:
Lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, green pepper, red pepper, onion, cheese and chicken.

We are trying a new frozen pizza, it is a wood oven one from Italy, meant to be really nice

We still prefer to make our own, we will make some next weekend :)

Pulled pork in a carb balance tortilla with red bell pepper and a little BBQ sauce. :yum:

romaine salad topped with tomato, celery, broccoli french & ranch dressing & 1/2 cup of mexican chicken soup.

A bite of DH's chicken and ham sandwich, and a whole bunch of my homegrown blueberries.

Part of a tuna sub, a couple of the first homegrown cherry tomatoes of the season, and a handful of my homegrown blueberries.

One year my sister and I went up to Ipswich to a farm to pick blueberries. I brought home a quart. I am sure I ate more than I brought home. I washed them and while they were draining I ran to the store and picked up a pint of light cream. Got home, put the berries in a large bowl, covered them with the cream and sat down to the best happy feeling one could have. I had my fill of blueberries that day for a while.

We also as kids when we lived on the farm, would go blueberry picking along the road. They grew wild everywhere and we made sure we got our share and then some. Some even made it back to my mother's kitchen for blueberry pancakes or muffins. :angel:

One year my sister and I went up to Ipswich to a farm to pick blueberries. I brought home a quart. I am sure I ate more than I brought home. I washed them and while they were draining I ran to the store and picked up a pint of light cream. Got home, put the berries in a large bowl, covered them with the cream and sat down to the best happy feeling one could have. I had my fill of blueberries that day for a while.

We also as kids when we lived on the farm, would go blueberry picking along the road. They grew wild everywhere and we made sure we got our share and then some. Some even made it back to my mother's kitchen for blueberry pancakes or muffins. :angel:

There is nothing like wild blueberries. We used to pick them in Canada. Unfortunately, they were't ready yet when I was last up there.

Speaking of which, I think I'll have some more for lunch!

Last edited:
There is nothing like wild blueberries. We used to pick them in Canada. Unfortunately, they were't ready yet when I was last up there.

Speaking of which, I think I'll have some more for lunch!

Wild Huckleberries are big around here...just make sure the rustling you hear on the other side is another human and not a bear...:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom