What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skite Bilby....

Very humid, very stormy and about 25 degrees celsius with rain on the way until next Monday. Didn't you have about 37 degrees today, Bilby? At least we are not in flooded Rockhampton.

Did any of you ever read the O.E. Rolvagg's classic "Giants in the Earth"? You would probably not have picked it yourself but it was required reading in an English/literature class. Anyway in a nutshell it's about an immigrant family who try and make a life on the American prairie and how the wife slowly goes insane from the constant blowing of the wind on the flat prairie. Guess what? I wished that I could have some chai (tea) with her and swap stories. I don't think that there is a lot of difference between a prairie and the steppes of K. I'm going nuts with this constant blowing of the wind and whistling through the closets (air vents). It's cold, gray, and the winds keep blowing nonstop. The satellite TV guy came yesterday and replaced the cable that probably blew away to Uzbekhstan. Maybe this should be on the vent post. :) and let's see Houston is in the 80's???

Very humid, very stormy and about 25 degrees celsius with rain on the way until next Monday. Didn't you have about 37 degrees today, Bilby? At least we are not in flooded Rockhampton.
Yeah 37 or 38. At some point, I stop caring about the facts and just say "hot" a lot!!:LOL:

It was so mild for the week or two before this week, so I reckon this is the last real go of heat for the summer. Odd day after this period but then we will be into Autumn!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

snow_grill_1.jpg

My grills.

:cry:

Last edited:
16 degrees, just starting to snow, supposed to have about 2 inches. Not a very snowy year here, I guess Wart has been stealing it all. :)

Well, Bilby, I see that you and I are the only one's awake---it's now 4pm here---if you look at this post what time is it there?--just curious
Sorry I missed that post!!! But when I got it, it was 7:01pm on Wednesday 27/2. As I type this, it is 12:12 am (past my bedtime!!!) on Friday 29/2.

Sorry I missed that post!!! But when I got it, it was 7:01pm on Wednesday 27/2. As I type this, it is 12:12 am (past my bedtime!!!) on Friday 29/2.

Just like you I missed your post about all the places that I had lived---was in the UK--thanks for replying--yes, it's been a hectic but wonderful life--hope that you get some sleep--Wow---you're at least 4 hours ahead of me!!!! boy do I never know my geography!!!:ohmy::wacko:

Ah, Bilby, come to Texas, we can give ya what ya crave..........we've got at least 5 geographic zones to deal with...............I think that's what I learned in 7th grade Texas History.....the teacher was terrible by today's standards and would have been run off by now had she been still teaching.........she would assign chapters to read and then stare at us and expect us to recall the entire chapter---------BORING and an easy job for her. I HATED 3rd period and if I have bad dreams some of them are centered around her -----now isn't that interesting??

Hey, Wart.
I find that if you turn the grill on..... a lot of that snow will melt right off.
:LOL:

I'm strictly lump and hardwood, the extra work has never bothered me, fact I revel in it.

That extra work is the deal breaker, this is the first time I would like to have a propane grill.

Your in NW Pa? I'm in NE Ohio, have you seen the Radar?

More coming our way.

Ah, Bilby, come to Texas, we can give ya what ya crave..........we've got at least 5 geographic zones to deal with...............I think that's what I learned in 7th grade Texas History.....the teacher was terrible by today's standards and would have been run off by now had she been still teaching.........she would assign chapters to read and then stare at us and expect us to recall the entire chapter---------BORING and an easy job for her. I HATED 3rd period and if I have bad dreams some of them are centered around her -----now isn't that interesting??

Ha, my Texas History teacher in 7th greade would play country music as we worked...and every time she heard a song she liked, she would stop us, crank it up, and teach us to line dance! She was fired a few years later.

Geography was part of Social Studies and it was the most tedious subject going! Even things I was interested in (like Ancient Egypt), I lost interest in after they got to it!!!! After the Industrial Revolution, I think I became comatose. That's probably when they started on geography!!:LOL::LOL:

8F, clear slight breeze, supposed to get up to 3 inches of snow. I hate snow now. Monday is rain, oh goody!! Muddy dog prints on the carpet! : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom