What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's nasty here - mid 90's, 70 percent humidity, 110 degree heat index,
ozone warnings. supposed to be like this at least for the next week. my
windows are dripping condensation and my A/C is cycling every 7-10
minutes. THAT'S gonna be a fabulous electric bill...

Hotter Here!

Our temp right now is 89, heat index of 94.
Sunny, but humid.
Tornado watches out in West Texas that stretches up through Oklahoma and into Kansas. Pretty much tornado alley. Hope they don't move this way, if they do, I'll get some more storm pics:)

It's hotter here! On the TX Gulf Coast, 100 with a index of 105. We have had no rain and there is burn bands here and all surrounding counties. Some cities are rationing water. Gulf temp is right for a storm, just pray we don't get one! We still have folks here recovering from Ike.

According to my car (which usually runs 3-4 degrees high), our temp today at 3 pm was somewhere between 109 and 113. It doesn't really matter to me though. Anything over 90 is just plain hot, a few degrees one way or another isn't gonna make much difference. I want to move to Petoskey, huh, Bob?

yesterday it was 99 here in NE Kansas, but the heat index was 113. Today, it is 108!!! Not even going to check what the index is today! :shock:

Rainy season is starting here in the tropics. Temperature in the mid 80s. Nice, steady ocean breeze. Rains maybe an hour or so a day, but today a little longer. Warm rain, so really pleasant as it continues the lovely, lush foliage.

Hmmmmm...lemme see!!! Well, today the heat index was 105F and, as someone told me a few days ago, we need a snorkel to walk around outside it's so humid. I'm actually considering the idea.:rolleyes:

I arrived home about 5 p.m. today and, as I was unloading the car, a sudden thunderstorm came up. I got soaked and our power went out for an hour. Needless to say, it's hotter and stickier than it was this afternoon. I've been to rain forests in other countries and all that's missing here are the songs of the exotic birds. Whoopee!!!

98* heat index is 101 and it is very dry and hard to breath. Bad for anyone with respiratory problems.

Yep, Stacy. I have an asthmatic kitty and the longer the power was off, the more concerned I was about her. I almost lost her on Memorial Day and I am a bit "hinky" when conditions are ripe for an asthmatic episode. I live too far away from the vet's office to be able to get her there in time if anything should happen. As it is, I keep a syringe of medication on hand in the refrigerator as a safety measure. The only real challenge is giving a cat a shot without any help. I can get VERY creative.

Get a cool mist humidifier, Katie. When it gets hot, put her in a small room, laundry, bath, somewhere small, but, still big enough it won't bother her and turn it on. That will help keep the moisture in her lungs. That is what I always did for my son. He has asthma.

Yes, Stacy, I've done that. The vet also suggested that I add menthol to it, like Vick's, and that is what got her over the hump on Memorial Day. Otherwise, I would've lost her. I didn't have a syringe of her medication because I'd had to use it earlier in the month because of her reaction to pollens. It can only be administered at 30-day intervals.

Thank goodness, the power is back on and she's hangin' out in the kitchen where there's a window air-conditioner. I imagine she'll stay there for the night.

Highs in the mid 90's with a heat index of 105F. All my windows are fogged up in my house, the humidity is so high. Tell me again why do I live in Florida.

We live in Florida because the highs are in the mid-90's during the day, and high 80's during the night.
We don't freeze.
We get to wear casual clothes to fancy restaurants.
Shorts are acceptable attire almost anywhere.
We eat Christmas dinner outside on the lanai.
We don't have to own boots or mittens.
We never have to shovel snow.
We don't have to drive on ice.
The trees are green year round.
There are flowers year round.
There is no State income tax.
The humidity keeps your skin looking young.
We pick the citrus off the trees in our yards.

Need more???
:cool:

We live in Florida because the highs are in the mid-90's during the day, and high 80's during the night.
We don't freeze.
We get to wear casual clothes to fancy restaurants.
Shorts are acceptable attire almost anywhere.
We eat Christmas dinner outside on the lanai.
We don't have to own boots or mittens.
We never have to shovel snow.
We don't have to drive on ice.
The trees are green year round.
There are flowers year round.
There is no State income tax.
The humidity keeps your skin looking young.
We pick the citrus off the trees in our yards.

Need more???
:cool:
Yes please a flight ticket will do me ta:)

It's cold....chilly....in my office. I haven't been outside since 10:30 this morning. At that time it felt fabulous outside. It's sunny and very few clouds, little breeze that I can see...

I think it was in the low 90's today. As per the weather girl yesterday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom