What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
8:30 PM and 85 degrees out...we were okay at the festival until the sun came out and the breeze went away. And I want to know when I became claustrophobic, all the sudden I couldn't stand the crowd around me.

Last night we had severe thunder storms go through. We had a lightning strike really close by that knocked out the power for a couple hours, which meant no A/C and having been 102 during the day and lots of heat still trapped in the attic meant the bedrooms warmed up quick! Luckily we have a finished basement and it was nice down there.

When the lightning struck, it shook the house so hard that a picture fell off the wall!

NW Arkansas, 9:45 a.m. - 75 degrees, 94% humidity, high overcast with 8 kt. breeze from the south.

Expected heat index of 105, with 30% chance of afternoon thunderstorms.

It reached a high today of 96 in SE South Dakota. It's a little after 9 pm now & it's down to 83, still real humid.

NW Arkansas, 4:30 a.m. - 77 degrees, 87% humidity, partly cloud, calm wind.

Expected near record temperatures of 101 (heat index 110).

Still living in a blast furnace. It's 90F right now and rising. The weather service has had a heat advisory issued since the middle of last week and has extended it through this week. Hotter than the hinges of hell, with humidity to match. I your hair frizzes in high humidity, stay away from here, you'll never get a brush through it. No relief is predicted until way near the end of the week, if then. At least it doesn't take long for laundry to dry on the line.:rolleyes:

I'm usually pretty easy going and can take the heat in stride, but it has been really hot for quite a stretch here. Last week I think we hit triple digits every day! I really miss baking, but just don't want to heat up the kitchen.

NW Arkansas, 5:00 p.m. - 102 degrees (107 heat index), 30% humidity, partly cloudy, wind SE at 6 kts.

Just heard our HI is 109! Yikes!

Just went up to 111 HI.

Last edited:
NW Arkansas, 3:30 a.m. - 82 degrees, 69% humidity, partly cloudy, wind SE at 9 kts.

Today will be mostly sunny with a high of 107 degrees.

New Orleans is 80° at 5 a.m. High today 95° with a heat index of 110°. Scattered thunderstorms as usual. A great day to stay indoors in the a/c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom