What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I went out and walked around a little bit. It's more like an inch of snow now and still coming down. I made a couple snowballs and someone made a snowman in the parking lot.

Ah, no kids living here. LOL But I understand that. In one snowfall we got back in 2006 or 7, I went out and made a snowman too. Just seemed like the thing to do.

We ended up getting about 3 inches here, but in some places they got 5+ inches. Most of it is gone now, but there's some snow still hanging on.

Warm and sunny and beautiful!

I bet it is! We're huge fans of Mexico, Cozumel specifically. I'll have to research Mazatlan. Lucky girl, you!

It's a cozy 28° F here, and we're supposed to get dumped on with snow starting this afternoon.

Last edited:
Ice, ice, and more ice on the mountain today.

It snowed yesterday, then rained , and now the temps are dropping.

DW just asked me to take out the garbage tonight before I go into work (normally a no-no in bear country) because our driveway is 135' straight downhill to the street, and it will turn into an icy couloir by the morning if it isn't now.

Last year, I went to take down the garbage on such a day and ended up riding the garbage can down the driveway because I couldn't stop. I finally fell over when I hit the curb cut in the street.

I got up, put the garbage back in the can, brushed myself off and pretended that I meant to do that.

Ice, ice, and more ice on the mountain today.

It snowed yesterday, then rained , and now the temps are dropping.

DW just asked me to take out the garbage tonight before I go into work (normally a no-no in bear country) because our driveway is 135' straight downhill to the street, and it will turn into an icy couloir by the morning if it isn't now.

Last year, I went to take down the garbage on such a day and ended up riding the garbage can down the driveway because I couldn't stop. I finally fell over when I hit the curb cut in the street.

I got up, put the garbage back in the can, brushed myself off and pretended that I meant to do that.

Only way to do it...I'm trying to figure out how to pretend I meant to slide half under the car...:stuart:

:LOL: Bucky and Princess - too funny!

Well, we got a little bit of snow today... 'thank the egg' it was light and fluffy!

img_1491529_0_e6f03352080455f3d0fd7b4bb9f3ec47.jpg

Only way to do it...I'm trying to figure out how to pretend I meant to slide half under the car...:stuart:

Heh. I limped home with a broken ankle after Beagle pulled me over a pebble on one of our icy walks a couple years ago. About a half mile away from our house. Not fun.

I try to stay closer to home during the winter now. Using the recumbent exercise bike.

It's 22°F, and supposed to snow more later this week.

Last edited:
Are those kitty tracks I see there?

LOL... no Addie - those are from my dog. I'll have to look closer as there might be a few from the cats...

by the way - have always been intending to tell you - I quote you so often... my headstone will NOT say I wish I'd done more housework... LOL :ROFLMAO:

FYI ..that's about 10" of snow on the table

Last edited:
LOL... no Addie - those are from my dog. I'll have to look closer as there might be a few from the cats...

by the way - have always been intending to tell you - I quote you so often... my headstone will NOT say I wish I'd done more housework... LOL :ROFLMAO:

FYI ..that's about 10" of snow on the table

Sky clear, no snow, no rain. And temp presently 37ºF.

Been livin' my life in a slow hell, different girl every night at the hotel. I ain't seen the sunshine in three damn days.

;) Oh you poor boy! My heart bleeds for you. :D

We are living in a balmy 40 degree weather. Plummeting to below freezing tonight. So much goodness to look forward to.

Last edited:
It's in the low 80s here, slightly overcast, after raining pretty much all weekend (a little cooler then and we got to open the windows somewhat though everything was damp feeling from all the humidity). Really getting tired of this. It's December. High's are supposed to be in mid to high 70s for the most part with some occasionally cooler days when we get what's left of a cold front from up north. No, there's no global warming. :rolleyes: It seems like every "winter" here is warmer and shorter over the last 7-8 years, and the record highs get a degree or 2 higher every year.

And, no thank you to any comments about moving up north :). I've lived here too long and can't stand the cold either. I nearly froze when I had to be in Central Mississippi 2 years ago in February. I'd just like it to be a little cooler so that we don't have to run the A/C every day and can open up the house.

Promise of snow constantly turns into rain. Would have been nice have this rain during the summer, since we had a drought here.

It is too darn cold. - again this morning. it should be at least 10-20 degrees warmer in December. Where is that global warming they promised us?:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom