What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As bad as Dallas gets in August, to really understand misery, you need to go to Houston in August. The temperatures are 5-to-10 degrees cooler than Dallas, but the humidity is ridiculous. You don't know "uncomfortable" until you experience 95-degrees and 80-percent humidity.

Oh, it also rains in Houston. Here is a photo taken from my sister's front door about this time last year. Yes, that is a boat, and no, that is not a river, it is the street in front of my sister's house.

CD

Attachments

• CypressCreek.jpg
    CypressCreek.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
TbjLGTF.jpg

From last Thursday (May 18, 2017). We got quarter sized hail and a little larger. Damaged siding on the house. Also had one downspout damaged. I'm not sure if it was from a tree limb, or what. It was too large to be hail. Roof damage also.

The tornado was a couple of miles west of us, and it was on the ground for some time. A small handful of people had significant damage to their homes from the tornado. I'm not sure what it was classified as.

Anyway, we are safe and glad that round of storms is over.

:ohmy: Whoa! I hope all of you guys down that way don't end up with flooding or damage.

We have clouds that are thinking of putting down some rain. All they've accomplished is to drizzle just enough to get things looking wet. It's OK if we don't get a lot of rain this time. Himself is still skipping parts of the back yard when he cuts grass because the soil is so wet. If I was a bit younger and less creaky, I would seriously think of putting in a rain garden in the worst part of the yard. I think that ship has sailed...

Well, we finally got our rain... in buckets. Of course in came with thunder, lightning and small hail. And, of course I was sleeping rather well when it came at 1:30am.

Today, it is overcast, and unseasonably cool at 71 degrees. I'll take it.

CD

So will I, if you care to send any this way! I'll take the thunder and lightning, too. Although we're not doing too bad in the excitement department. Three thunderstorms, hail, and a ton of rain in one day a couple weeks ago, over a hundred small earthquakes since the beginning of May, and yesterday, the sighting of a black bear and her cub roaming around by the local hospital about two miles from me. And I'm in the center of the city! LOL

We've had a few days of hot weather and I think we got to 88° yesterday. That's not unusual and it wouldn't be that bad, but it comes after a streak of weeks with temps only in the 60s. Now tomorrow it's supposed to cool down a little. You guessed it - 62° will be our high.

Personally, it could stay at 65 all summer and I wouldn't complain at all.

Caseydog, is that a Portuguese Water Dog in your pic there?

Last edited:
So will I, if you care to send any this way! I'll take the thunder and lightning, too. Although we're not doing too bad in the excitement department. Three thunderstorms, hail, and a ton of rain in one day a couple weeks ago, over a hundred small earthquakes since the beginning of May, and yesterday, the sighting of a black bear and her cub roaming around by the local hospital about two miles from me. And I'm in the center of the city! LOL

We've had a few days of hot weather and I think we got to 88° yesterday. That's not unusual and it wouldn't be that bad, but it comes after a streak of weeks with temps only in the 60s. Now tomorrow it's supposed to cool down a little. You guessed it - 62° will be our high.

Personally, it could stay at 65 all summer and I wouldn't complain at all.

Caseydog, is that a Portuguese Water Dog in your pic there?

Nope, that would be psycho-poodle. He is on the large size of miniature poodles, the mid-size poodles. I do keep him groomed kind of like a Portuguese Water Dog, now that you mention it. No fu-fu cuts for my poodle.

BTW, North Texas and all of Oklahoma have become earthquake central, thanks to fracking. Oklahoma now has more earthquakes than California. Lucky for me, there is no oil-shale below me, or they would be fracking under my house, too, since I own the house and the surface land, but not the mineral rights for anything below the surface. Those belong to the one-percenters.

CD

101F earlier this afternoon, down to 96 now at 7:40. Ugh - here comes the summer heat....

I'm looking forward to going on vacation next month with my daughter and grandsons - we're spending several days up in the beautiful Lake Tahoe area in NoCal. It'll be a little cooler up there. :)

Nope, that would be psycho-poodle. He is on the large size of miniature poodles, the mid-size poodles. I do keep him groomed kind of like a Portuguese Water Dog, now that you mention it. No fu-fu cuts for my poodle.

BTW, North Texas and all of Oklahoma have become earthquake central, thanks to fracking. Oklahoma now has more earthquakes than California. Lucky for me, there is no oil-shale below me, or they would be fracking under my house, too, since I own the house and the surface land, but not the mineral rights for anything below the surface. Those belong to the one-percenters.

CD

I used to own a part mule, part nutcase, part Doberman. And I do believe I am acquainted with the psycho poodle breed. I had a friend who had a medium sized poodle who thought he was a big dog in a little dog skin. He used to try to commit poodlecide by attacking any dog bigger than himself. Sure couldn't fault him for spirit, although you might have to question his sanity at times.

It is FINALLY cooling off here. I actually turned the fan off earlier, as I was getting chilly. Supposed to be normal temps for the next week or so, whatever normal here is.

The weather here is perfect. 77-degrees, sunny, with a cool breeze. This kind of day is somewhat rare in North Texas, so we take them as often as we can get them.

CD

We have a refreshing 64°F under cloudy skies here along the river. I don't think we'll be opening the subdivision pool this weekend, might be a bit too, um, refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom