What music are you listening to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
he's got it, doesn't he, lp? the voice, a life force, a primal connectivity. thank you lp, for being one of our best chroniclers of classic rock music. :)

Vit, I fell in love with him when I was 8 years old and that has never changed. TB knows that my heart truly belongs to Neil and has accepted it. :LOL: He even took me to see him last year - my 10th concert since the Hot August Night Tour in 1972!

I have three boxed sets of Music - Neil Diamond, Billy Joel and Harry Chapin. I believe them to be some of the best story tellers in the business! :)

I just read Dame Shirley Bassey will be at this year’s US academy awards, to honor 50 years James Bond films. I hope this means she will Perform too !! She doesn’t get as much radio play -- ( or I listen to the wrong stations)—as her voice deserves to be heard.

Edit. The video part is dedicated to the unsung canine heros who support men and women in the armed forces.

Thanks for this, Whiskadoodle. Both for Shirley Bassey and the awesome tribute to some deserving heros!

i've been listening to the monkees today. i'm a believer, last train to clarksville, zilch, etc..

i tried to teach my family zilch, but you really have to concentrate on your part.

I love the Monkees too, Bucky. And "I'm a Believer" was written by Neil Diamond.:angel:

I'm guessing Pac and I must be around the same age, because that's also a song from my generation.

And, call it a wild guess, Kylie, but I'm thinking you were born in 1969? If so, you would've been pretty young when Heart first came out, but you're probably familiar with some of their 80's hits.

Steve, you got it in one :)

Yes, it would have been their 80's music...loved it, always singing away to it

I recall their "Heart" album and my fave song was These Dreams

Pac, I love her haunting voice. I have one of their CDs from a few years ago, just because I really liked "My Immortal"(love that song). I wasn't that excited about the rest of the album =\

My Immortal, another good one. You are right, the rest of the songs tend to all sound the same and aren't quite as good as her slower, haunting songs.

Here's a few more I usually listen to along with Hello and My Immortal.

White Kite Fauna - K's Choice (© Sony Music Belgium & K's Choice) - YouTube

And from the movies Mr Brooks :)

The Veils - Vicious Traditions with lyrics - YouTube

And The Butterfly Effect :)

stop crying your heart out - oasis - lyrics - YouTube

LOL Pac :LOL:

I am 43 years old...going on 21 ;)

ahhh, I wasn't sure if the date in your username was your birth year or some other memorable moment :)

I am 10 thumps on the floor your senior.
And my favorite Heart song is Dreamboat Annie :)

I just love music! I'm in a memory lane phase at the moment, listening to all my old faves lol!

Top songs at the moment for me (since I have about a million favourites) are...

Creed- Higher and With Arms Wide Open

The Parlotones - Push me to the floor

Eminem and Rihana - Love the way you lie

Pink - Crystal Ball

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to heaven

Janis Joplin - Piece of my heart

Arno Carstens - Another Universe

Live - Lightning Crashes, I alone and Dolphin's Cry

Nickelback - How you remind me

Lady Antebellum - Need you now and the list goes on and on and on lol!

Of course you do! We're sisters aren't we? :LOL:

The Billy Joel one is excellent. Come to think of it I haven't played it for awhile. But it will have to wait until tomorrow....time for :sleep:

I like Billy Joel, just never got a boxed set. But Diamond and Chapin...must haves!:)

I'm looking for some fast paced techno, trying to build a library that I can do cardio to, but I have to like the music.

Back
Top Bottom