What r u doing this weekend??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
3 Day weekend!!! Well that's the normal, I get a 4 day!! I work my 40 hours Mon. - Thurs. What is everyone doing for this Memorial weekend??
I'm not doing much. We got burned out on cookouts every year. We'll just going fishing, hopefully! They are calling for rain and/or storms until next Wednesday:mad: We'll see.

If your cooking out, whatcha cooking!!:)

FlagService.gif

Last edited:
My weekend starts with a trip to see Big & Rich on Saturday, Sunday will be spent at church, & Monday we will be leaving TC for his first camp experience. After he leaves I don't what we'll be doing.

crewsk said:
My weekend starts with a trip to see Big & Rich on Saturday, Sunday will be spent at church, & Monday we will be leaving TC for his first camp experience. After he leaves I don't what we'll be doing.

OH, I forgot about your concert!! Hope you have lots of fun!!!

I've got to work. Working in restaurants, I've gotten used to having to work nights and weekends. However, since I work in a country club, "Monday Holidays" are a day we stay open (usually closed on Mondays) so the golfers can go chase a little white ball over half a square mile. The club I used to work for treated it as a Saturday, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The club I work for now does the same thing, but that night we throw a BBQ cookout for the members. Only about a hundred folks will show. Yee. Haa. At least I should get Tuesday off.

LOL I didn't realize until reading this post that I have Monday off. Thanks texasgirl, if it were not for you then I would have tried to work that day :)

Well I am picking up my new car on tomorrow so I am going to be in a driving mood. I will take a little road trip somewhere most likely.

new jersey maybe, gb???????i am working saturday as usual, sunday is a honeydew day, working monday midnight shift, then working on the house...

DW is working otherwise that would be fun. I think there would be a police chase going on if I took off with the baby while she was working hehehe.

I'm sorry that you have to work, Allen. I have been there plenty of times. MY husband plays golf, never could understand why anyone would want to hit a little white ball 100's of yards, just to go chase it down and hit it again??????

GB, I NEVER forget a day that I can get paid for a free day ;)
Have fun in your new KIA!!

working all 3 days i bet. won't know until friday, but i can pretty much guarantee i'll be at work while everyone else is crowding around a grill and playing *sob*

Oh, Middie
I'm sorry. I won't be doing anything other than just me, dh and my boys making dinner. No big thing at all. So, you wouldn't be missing anything that I'm doing ;)

I am taking a couple of days off to tag along with my wife to Hot Springs, she has to go on business and I will have a couple of days to explore the locals.

Later:LOL:

Normally we would be cooking BBQ. This weekend, we will be going to Hickory on Sat to judge a bbq contest. Sunday, probably cleaning up around the house, and Monday, probably at the restaurant doing some things.

We have been very frustrated by the rotten weather in Massachusetts. It's been rainy for the last 5 weekends and it's raining now. Besides, the temps have been in the 40s and 50s rather than the 60s and 70s. The weekend forecast doesn't look all that good either.

I told Suzanne we should just hop in the car on Friday night and head South until we hit 80 degree weather! I don't think my chances are very good that will happen. We'll probably have or attend a last minute family cook-out or cook-in.

We're going to see my grandmother-in-law for the weekend. I am going to cook something Vietnamese or Chinese for her. She cooks great American food and wants to try my food. I am so excited, I asked my hubby what he thinks I should make...dang him...he said stir fry or fried rice. HOW THE HECK is that supposed to show my culinary range?? :mad: *sigh* Of course I wanted to make something that is time intensive and would take all day long...but he is probably right.

I'll probably end up making fried rice since I don't know what people like to eat. I'll pair that w/ steamed 1000 year old eggs, steamed fish w/ ginger and scallions and some sort of veggie dish.

If it doesn't rain, we have a bunch of house projects planned. Cleaning the outside of all of the windows, powerwashing the porch and sidewalks and re-sealing the driveway. If it rains, I'm not sure what we'll do. Monday, we'll have my parents over for a cook-out. We'll just do the basics--burgers, hot dogs, German potato salad, I'm not sure what else yet.

Here's are list of "to do" for the weekend.

Lunch out, Starwars, Bumpershoot ( a big musical party down town seattle)
REI, Starbucks and work around the house.

I'm not sure which days we'll do each item though. Depends a lot on the weather.

pdswife, whatcha buying in rei? (that is the outdoor/sporting goods store, right?)

i am no longer allowed in outdoor stores, not even for fishing lures. i have enough fishing and camping gear for 4 or 5 people, so i'm not supposed to buy anymore for how often i use it....:ermm:
i guess it's kinda like women and shoes. ya can never have enough rapalas and rat-l-traps...

Paul needs a new backpack bucky. When we got home from Greece last time he took the metal back pieces out of his old one and told me to throw it in the washing machine.
I did... it was a huge mess. All the water proofing came off in little itty pieces! Boy was he mad. That backpack had been around the world with him.

so a backpack for him and
I really want some some of those hiking pants that unzip and become shorts.

We love REI. Spend way way too much time there and too much money too.

Back
Top Bottom