What's for dinner Thursday, Dec. 8th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tonight, i'm grilling teryaki tilapia, pineapple, and mayan sweet onion skewers, and a rubbed (black and red pepper, onion and garlic powder, and worcestershire sauce) london broil, and rosemary/evoo grilled potato wedges.

I cooked up an 8 1/2 pound ham late last night and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. Ham sammys would be the easy way out. I'm really digging buck's idea about pineapple skewers but it's a wee bit too windy to fire up the grill and putting on the Carharts seems like overkill just to cook something. Hm. *think, think, think* I dunno, I guess I'll just keep an eye on the weather. If not that, maybe omelettes or something.

buckytom said:
tonight, i'm grilling teryaki tilapia, pineapple, and mayan sweet onion skewers, and a rubbed (black and red pepper, onion and garlic powder, and worcestershire sauce) london broil, and rosemary/evoo grilled potato wedges.
You always list the most wonderful sounding dinners Bucky, it feels as though I just read the menu at a top notch restaurant :)

I'm making a warm chicken cesar salad w/homemade croutons, and a veg dish which I haven't quite settled on yet (lol, still have 45 minutes to ponder :LOL:).

Last night Cris had to work until very late and I didn't get to try out the quinoa salad... so it will be on the menu today!! Along with stuffed mushrooms :)

gosh you guys, no fair you're all ahead of me in the planning stage:rolleyes:
I have no clue as I have contractors here for the entirety of the day. 7 of them actually:wacko:
I think it's gonna have to be Thursday nite date night for me and the hubster at Mexican with (depending on how the day goes and how much $$$$$$$$$ I have left:( ) lot's of margarita's!!!!!!!!!!!:LOL:

some of you come join me, the margies are on me:huh:

LEFSElover said:
I have no clue as I have contractors here for the entirety of the day. 7 of them actually:wacko:
I think it's gonna have to be Thursday nite date night for me and the hubster at Mexican with (depending on how the day goes and how much $$$$$$$$$ I have left:( ) lot's of margarita's!!!!!!!!!!!:LOL:

Oh a margarita sounds soooooooooo good! Lucky duck. DH and I go to a really good authentic Mexican resturant in a neighboring town. They have the best margarita's I've ever had. Last time I decided to have 2 vs. my usual 1..............whooooeeeeee......I was just a tad bit tipsy:LOL: . Don't worry DH was in charge of the driving

DampCharcoal said:
I cooked up an 8 1/2 pound ham late last night and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. Ham sammys would be the easy way out. I'm really digging buck's idea about pineapple skewers but it's a wee bit too windy to fire up the grill and putting on the Carharts seems like overkill just to cook something. Hm. *think, think, think* I dunno, I guess I'll just keep an eye on the weather. If not that, maybe omelettes or something.
DC, try the link below.

http://southernfood.about.com/library/recipes/blpage10d.htm

For dinner tonight I am making Chinese pepper steak over brown rice.

Last edited:
damp, put some of ronjohn style anti-freeze (it ain't no ethelyne glycol) in your blood, and get out there. (oot there, for you canadians :) ).

just don't use the hand over the coals trick to tell the cooking temp. if you can't feel your fingers, they might cook a little bit on ya.

Piccolina said:
You always list the most wonderful sounding dinners Bucky, it feels as though I just read the menu at a top notch restaurant :)

Bucky's dinners always sound like that, I just wish I could eat at that restaurant every night.:chef:

dh is working tonight and I've got some holiday shopping planned, we will probably just pick something up.

Clean out the fridge night here. Theres a bit of spaghetti, some sausage, salad and some various pastas and rice concoctions. Should be enough to feed us all. I am working tonight so they will have to fend for themselves.

corazon90 said:
Bucky's dinners always sound like that, I just wish I could eat at that restaurant every night.:chef:

dh is working tonight and I've got some holiday shopping planned, we will probably just pick something up.

thanks very much to both of you :chef: .

someday, when i win the lottery, i will have everyone to my house for dinner.

Sierra, I was wondering what ham had to with red velvet cake and thought it might be an offshoot of the "Strange Food Combos" thread! :LOL: J/K, I really appreciate the thought, tho!!! Buck, I think I am gonna do the skewers after all, blizzard be d*mned! Ham, pineapple and onions will get the shaft (literally.) I'm already working on the antifreeze so I figure that by the time the snow starts blowing, I'll be sufficiently lubed to complete the task ahead!

Alix said:
Clean out the fridge night here. Theres a bit of spaghetti, some sausage, salad and some various pastas and rice concoctions. Should be enough to feed us all. I am working tonight so they will have to fend for themselves.

Oh the humanity!:ohmy: :eek:

Looks like it's spagetti and meatballs for us - perfect complement to the red wine antifreeze!! :ROFLMAO:

PS - If I drink a bunch of antifreeze before going out later to clear the walkways, can I be cited for operating a snowblower under the influence? :angel:

John

ronjohn55 said:
Looks like it's spagetti and meatballs for us - perfect complement to the red wine antifreeze!! :ROFLMAO:

PS - If I drink a bunch of antifreeze before going out later to clear the walkways, can I be cited for operating a snowblower under the influence? :angel:

John

I'm willing to bet cash that there's probably a law on the books somewhere that you can get cited, sadly enough!

LEFSElover said:

Just checked flights from Geneva, a bit too expensive.I hope you have a great night out. Next time, let us all in DC know well in advance :LOL: I love margaritas.If I had tequila in the house I would be making one now.

only if there's no snow, and you keep running over a stack of styrofoam cups for effect, ronjohn!
actually, that might be fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom