What's the most bogus thing in your cupboard, freezer, or refrigerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The other day I was putting up groceries and I noticed that I had a can of meatloaf mix in my pantry. Now I find that bogus, I don't even recall how it got there because my husband hates meatloaf. I also have like 3 large cans of sweet potaotes from like 4 years ago when I was supose to make yams at Thanksgiving and I didn't. Do you think they are still good? :sick:

img_297843_0_182904b4a387e704e5e1ca9007de880d.gif
From what I gathered here? Velvetta Cheese!

ya know, i was just thinking. (yes, i'm standing gw. why do you ask?)

some overpaid marketing/ad exec should come up with a line of high end pre-packaged frozen meals called "bogus foods". kinda like the "no thrills" crap a few decades back. i think the market is ready.

i need to sit down...

I see nothing wrong with using something that will give us a head start. Like the pastry cream posted, much less time and still a very good product. I almost always make everything from scratch, but am always willing to give a new product or one new to me a try. I see no reason to reinvent the wheel every meal. But then, I am not a chef! Some things I won't use at all, but if someone else likes it, I think it is fine.

by the way..

Loprraine said:
"You want my spaghetti-os?"

I'll trade you those in a heartbeat for the boiled peanuts in a can.:cool:

What, exactly, are boiled peanuts in a can??

One shortcut I've really enjoyed is the Archway peanut butter cookies dipped in chocolate pudding. That is very good! Not much guilt!

buckytom said:
ya know, i was just thinking. (yes, i'm standing gw. why do you ask?)

some overpaid marketing/ad exec should come up with a line of high end pre-packaged frozen meals called "bogus foods". kinda like the "no thrills" crap a few decades back. i think the market is ready.

i need to sit down...

LOL! I Love this guy.......

Oh you guys/gals! Everytime my sis orders pizza she orders Ranch Dressing. When she's finished eating she puts those little containers in the frig right next to the bottle of Ranch Dressing.

I go through my kitchen every 6 months and if I haven't used it, out it goes. That goes for utensils, bowls, everything...my friends just don't understand why I still have a packed kitchen :LOL:

TATTRAT said:
But what about real bacon, I thought you don't even eat that? But I wouldn't give them to my dog either, the garbage can seemed to enjoy them though.:)
I don't, but I do know that the strips I give my dog say, "REALY bacon!" on the bag. Because dogs don't want to fake stuff they say.

Okay, I planned on cleaning the fridge tomorrow anyway. I will let you know. I know there are some kraft salad dressings that need to see the garbage. I wonder if my roomie will notice. Crap I don't buy them. I think the sourcream is past (way past) the expiry date. Other than that my consience is clear.

Yup, like many, it is a box of ramen noodles. It is so easy, and so soothing for ... breakfast. Do I get credit because I usually add vegetables it?

i know this thread is old but would be good to know if people still have the stuff in the pantry LOL

-not sure why in the world we have it because we don't eat it and probably won't ever ever eat (the thought of it kinda makes me blahhh) but "luncheon chicken" in a can hahahaha - oh man just thinking about it make me think bad things LOL who knows maybe it tastes good hahahaha or not

Funny you say "luncheon chicken" because that is what I have! Don't know why I bought it but it is there. I guess when I started my "doomsday" supply. Spam is in there too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom