What's the most daring thing you did?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that the same one they shot footage at from Burning Man??
No I don't believe so. My photo was taken at a Phish festival (The Great Went I think) in Limestone Maine. There were other parts of the film, but Burning Man was not one of the segments.

You can rent it at Blockbuster. It is called Naked States. I won't tell you which one is me though :cool:

You've already stated, GB....
You're the one they had to use the zoom on.
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Suba'd in Mexico and the Bahamas.

Sat naked on a nude beach in Greece...
That reminds me - I layed au natural on a nude beach in France when I was 45 and 7 months pregnant. It didn't seem daring at all since everyone was naked and most of them were much older but I seriously doubt I'd do it here in the states.

I jumped out of an airplane on my 42nd birthday. I had a parachute and an experienced jumper attached to me at the time ;) Still, 14,000 feet is a long way up.

I jumped out of an airplane on my 42nd birthday. I had a parachute and an experienced jumper attached to me at the time ;) Still, 14,000 feet is a long way up.
Oooooh, I para-sailed (attached to a boat via a 325 ft. rope) when I was 44 and I had a serious fear of heights. It actually seemed to cure my fear, but I'm very sure I'll never be cured enough to jump out of an airplane!!!! What was it like? Did you always want to jump out of an airplane?

About 10 years ago, I went sky diving....jumped out of a perfectly fine airplane at 10,000 feet. :wacko:Thank god I jumped tandem, the first chute didn't work & the instructor had to cut it away & fortunately, the reserve chute worked. We did get to free fall for extra time but I had horrible bruises from the straps...I can't imagine how bad it was for the instructor, he was a man. :ohmy:I knew something was wrong but wasn't sure what, the instructor didn't want me to panic because he had to act quickly. I will never forget the the look on my best friends face & the other instructors when we finally landed. I did feel bad for the other jumpers after us who watched with fear for themselves.:cry:

I did not tell my family until afterwards (they were in China). They were not very happy with their only child.:mad:

You've already stated, GB....
You're the one they had to use the zoom on.
:LOL::ROFLMAO:
I think I just scared the dog, and I think my neighbors probably heard me laughing!

Daring. Hmmmmm I ran away from home when I was 14 just because my idiot boyfriend told me to. Was gone a week. One of the biggest regrets of my life. It changed the relationship I had with my dad (I lied and said I left because of him). We do get along ok now, thank goodness.

The last really daring thing I did was to fly a thousand miles away to meet someone I had only talked to online and on the phone. No regrets at all about that one. It was my sweetie, James (AKA MAIDRITE)!!

For those of you who are new, there is a reason I wrote his name that way. He is busy with school and isn't able to come here as often as he would like, but anyway, he is my husband of 5 years, as of next month).

:)Barbara

About 10 years ago, I went sky diving....jumped out of a perfectly fine airplane at 10,000 feet. :wacko:Thank god I jumped tandem, the first chute didn't work & the instructor had to cut it away & fortunately, the reserve chute worked. We did get to free fall for extra time but I had horrible bruises from the straps...I can't imagine how bad it was for the instructor, he was a man. :ohmy:I knew something was wrong but wasn't sure what, the instructor didn't want me to panic because he had to act quickly. I will never forget the the look on my best friends face & the other instructors when we finally landed. I did feel bad for the other jumpers after us who watched with fear for themselves.:cry:

I did not tell my family until afterwards (they were in China). They were not very happy with their only child.:mad:

Anyone who has skydived knows that jump planes are anything but perfectly fine ;)
On the positive side, for the drop zone anyway, if that was the tandem instructor's first time using the reserve, it was a "case of beer!" All first time things done by skydivers and you owe the DZ a case of beer.... not the cheap stuff they usually buy for when the planes are put away, the good stuff :) Technically you should have owed one, too ;)
Pretty exciting story!

At age 30, I left my country of birth to come to Michigan and work for three or four years, ended up being a USA citizen.
BTW, I barely spoke English and had no idea of cost of living... was offered an $8/hour job (was 1987) and thought it was a lot of money, I starved almost to death for about six months when I got a better paid job.

I participated in the world largest (at the time) nude photo. The hard part came when I found out that HBO did a special on the photo shoot and for some reason the camera loved me that day. They had me (all of me) on camera 5 times zoomed right in on me and only me. I am just glad my parents did not watch the special.

Gosh, GB, just when you think you've got someone pegged you have turned everything upside down!:LOL: Way to go and what a story to share:glare: for a long time!

My daring days were early childhood...maybe that's why I turned out boring later on: being in a rolling car going downhill because my sister released the clutch and I hopped out and left her screaming inside (I was only 5 and she was 4) and it was every kid for himself!; going to the pasture with my same trusting sister and opening the pasture gate and having a bull chase us---once again with him breathing down our backs I veered sharply off to the left to my grandmother's house and my sister kept running in a straight line--only my uncle's intervention saved her; giving two very unwilling chickens a bath in my grandmother's house --once again dumb sister held the other chicken--chicken poop and feathers were everywhere--my German grandmother laughed till she cried years later telling the story but she wasn't then---she made us clean up every bit of the mess--I think that it's the first time that she might have swatted us if we hadn't

I met a guy and married him 2 weeks later. On the 22nd of this month it will be our 17th anniversary.

And, GB - I'd forgotten you were in that. But I do remember all the "GB looks like Bono" comments the first time we saw your portrait :)

Oooooh, I para-sailed (attached to a boat via a 325 ft. rope) when I was 44 and I had a serious fear of heights. It actually seemed to cure my fear, but I'm very sure I'll never be cured enough to jump out of an airplane!!!! What was it like? Did you always want to jump out of an airplane?

I can only describe it as the most unbelievable rush you can imagine. During the free fall, it was a little hard to breathe, with the pressure and the wind, but it was just fantastic. Then the chute opened and we floated. The instructor I was with was a very tall Italian guy - he said I could stand on his feet while we went around in circles toward the drop zone. It was the best experience I think I've ever had. And my best friend was on the ground with a bottle of champagne to celebrate :cool:

I had wanted to do it for a long time, but never seriously looked into it; then that spring, Ann Curry on the Today show did it a couple of times on the show, I mentioned to DH that I was interested, and the next thing I know, he's got it all set up. Someone he works with is certified and goes jumping almost every weekend. It's how he winds down from a stressful week :LOL:

DH came out right after me, btw. His instructor had a sense of humor - they did a head-first free-fall for *slightly* longer than we had been told :ermm:

I can only describe it as the most unbelievable rush you can imagine. During the free fall, it was a little hard to breathe, with the pressure and the wind, but it was just fantastic. Then the chute opened and we floated. The instructor I was with was a very tall Italian guy - he said I could stand on his feet while we went around in circles toward the drop zone. It was the best experience I think I've ever had. And my best friend was on the ground with a bottle of champagne to celebrate :cool:

I had wanted to do it for a long time, but never seriously looked into it; then that spring, Ann Curry on the Today show did it a couple of times on the show, I mentioned to DH that I was interested, and the next thing I know, he's got it all set up. Someone he works with is certified and goes jumping almost every weekend. It's how he winds down from a stressful week :LOL:

DH came out right after me, btw. His instructor had a sense of humor - they did a head-first free-fall for *slightly* longer than we had been told :ermm:
I love that you and your husband both jumped on the same day. It really does sound incredible. I loved para-sailing and have done it a couple of times since but it's nothing like jumping out of an airplane! I did like being able to see the dolphins in the water from that height but don't know how I'd handle having the ground rush up at me as I'm falling. I tip my hat to you, GG!

I worked at an aquarium, and got into the shark tank on a regular basis. Jumped out of a perfectly good airplane in the USMC. I've got 4 kids. I tried to make a cheesecake without a recipe. Any of these count?
Having kids definitely counts! And making it through their teen years without killing them or losing your mind counts quadruple!

:)Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom