Sunday's Supper 1/29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning everyone,

It's a beautiful sunny day here on Long Island and have been enjoying our Sunday.

Dinner tonight will be burgers with all the fixings, oven baked "fries", and a Greek salad. I guess I must be craving a Spring/Summer menu.

Enjoy the day :chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a chunk of pork marinating in garlic, oregano, s/p, XVOO, sherry vinegar. I'll roast that later on and serve with black beans, pickled red onion, and some sort of salad.

Last edited:
I have several pieces of assorted cheeses that are getting long in the tooth, so I'll make some Macaroni and Cheese. I'll be grilling up some sausages to go with it and make a green salad. Lowrdy, what a high calorie meal! The salad is hardly a balance. :ohmy::wacko:

My 8 year old wants meatloaf (his favorite). So dinner is meatloaf (soy sauce, dijon mustard, onion, bbq sauce, seasoned breadcrumbs & water), with oven-baked potato wedges, and some sort of veggies.

Tilapia filets lightly sauteed (was going to use panko, but critters got to that) with butter, lemon, capers over linguini, some sauteed mushrooms and leeks, and a light salad.

Husband mentioned something about his harissa (in the freezer). Nope. Actually, I didn't say no, just that I'd do a different prep if he wanted harrissa, some couscous and stronger flavorings, not delicate lemon/butter and linguini. He agreed (the tilapia is IQF so we have many more filets and will do a North African meal with them later).

leftover chicken white bean chili or california roast beef sandwich. roast beef needs to be eaten. maybe i will freeze the chili . raspberries or black berries for dessert. popcorn later for a snack.

DW and I belong to a dinner club with a group of friends. People that know me know that I don't make dessert. It's just not my thing. Nevertheless, I was asked to bring dessert tonight, so I am bringing an Austrian version of chocolate cake, called a Sachertorte. It was kind of a PITA to make, with lots of egg whipping and about a pound and a half of chocolate. It looks okay, I think. Crossing my fingers that it tastes okay. :ermm:

img_1101800_0_8d109f518f8e6f35f8a927c2cac8796b.jpg

DW and I belong to a dinner club with a group of friends. People that know me know that I don't make dessert. It's just not my thing. Nevertheless, I was asked to bring dessert tonight, so I am bringing an Austrian version of chocolate cake, called a Sachertorte. It was kind of a PITA to make, with lots of egg whipping and about a pound and a half of chocolate. It looks okay, I think. Crossing my fingers that it tastes okay. :ermm:

img_1101807_0_8d109f518f8e6f35f8a927c2cac8796b.jpg

Yours looks nicer than the ones on the Hotel Sacher website!

Very nice!

Don't forget the whipped cream! :pig:

That's really beautiful Steve! I had this desert twice in Vienna and a single slice was frightfully expensive. I have to hand it to you, that was quite a challenge to tackle such a famous desert and I hope it will be appreciated.
Please let us know what else was included in the menu. I'd love to be a part of a group like that.

Don't feel much like cooking tonight (That never happens). So it's bbq baby back ribs with crispy oven baked potatoes...probably a salad.

That's really beautiful Steve! I had this desert twice in Vienna and a single slice was frightfully expensive. I have to hand it to you, that was quite a challenge to tackle such a famous desert and I hope it will be appreciated.
Please let us know what else was included in the menu. I'd love to be a part of a group like that.
Thanks, Kayelle! We've only been members of this particular group for a couple of months now, but enjoy it quite a bit. There are eight of us altogether, and most are very good cooks. They've set the dessert bar high on previous occasions, which, to a non-dessert maker like myself, makes me a little nervous. :)

Back
Top Bottom