Favorite Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're in a pickle. If it was me, I would take the time to do the homework. Can you just see his face on Christmas day when he opens up your gift? (Or serve it to him on a plate?)

Yeah I can, he would be so thrilled! I'll have to make some phone calles Monday while he's at work & see what I can find out. I'm getting excited just thinking abuot it! :LOL:

Right now it is wrapped in several of those large 30 gallon black trash bags. My plan is to fill some of those with news paper wrapped in duct tape in the shape & length of the fish. May even wrap a few rocks in the paper to get it close to the weight in case he decides to pick it up or anything. If you have a better idea let me know. This is just off the top of my blonde head. :LOL:

Hard to beat fried catfish, broiled swordfish, or salmon just about any way you can fix up ... but a hunk of shark cooked on a BBQ grill (salt, pepper, butter) like you would a beef steak is hard to beat.

Me catchem, you eatem! I give away all the fish I catch: crappie, catfish, bass, trout, walleye, bluegill, or whatever!

I don't like fish, unless it is canned tuna for tuna salad or canned salmon for salmon croquettes.

I love me some shellfish and crawdads though.

choclatechef said:
Me catchem, you eatem! I give away all the fish I catch: crappie, catfish, bass, trout, walleye, bluegill, or whatever!
OK. Where can I pickem up at?
:LOL:

Me no cleanem or killem either!

I give them to folks who will do that nasty task. I will freeze the little suckers whole and alive til they come and get them.

You wantem, you come get them and cleanem! I love to fish.

Re: Favorite fish?

honeybee said:
Crewsk, how do you make your salmon patties?

Honeybee, I have done both of these(from http://www.cooks.com/ ) & have made them just by eying it. When I add onions to mine, I grate them instead of mincing them since I don't like the crunchiness of onions. I also add a little paprika to mine.

SALMON PATTIES

1 can salmon, drained, deboned and skinned (15 1/2 oz.)
4 soda crackers, crushed
1/2 c. milk
1 egg, beaten
Mix all ingredients together until well mixed. Put oil or shortening in fry pan. Form mixture into patties and drop into fry pan. Fry until brown on both sides.

SALMON PATTIES

16 ounces pink salmon, canned
1 egg
1/3 cup onion, minced
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
Drain salmon. Set aside 2 Tablespoons juice in mixing bowl. Mix together salmon, egg, and onions until sticky. Stir in flour. Add baking powder to juice, then stir into salmon mixture. Form into small patties. Fry until golden brown (about 5 minutes).

Serving Size: 4

Submitted By: Dolores Campbell

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Crewsk.... cant you get a stuffed animal "fish"? If you can then mount it. Then you could eat the real fish! ;)
No need to thank me. :D

I'll thank you anyway DS! I don't want to eat this thing becasue he spent about an hour just fighting to reel it in. He has a personal attachment to it. :LOL:

mudbug said:
Fresh wild trout simply cooked over a campfire. Still my all-time favorite.

Absolutely! Fish just doesn't get any fresher or tastier than that!

Well, let's see...

There's Walleye, yellow perch, and SMELT! Gotta have smelt!!

Anyone else ever been smelt dipping?

John

ronjohn55 said:
Anyone else ever been smelt dipping?

OMG! I haven't thought of that in YEARS! Standing in waders in ice water in the middle of the night (sometime in Spring?) with a flashlight and a long net just scooping the things up! They run like salmon, don't they!

Yeah, everyone should be talked into this treat once in their life! Like me, make sure the "victim" is clueless!

It was really a hoot! But COOOOOLD!!!

Back
Top Bottom