In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So glad we got a word. Thank you for the update Katie, but terrified to hear any bad news. We're not done praying for miracles yet, so keep hanging on, we're all with you.
I'm glad you could arrange to stay so close. You need as much time together, and with energy to deal.

God Bless You KATIE>

I am so thankful for the report from Katie.
I only came on here this morning to hope there was something said from anyone knowing anything.
God bless her and God love her and Buck with what they're going through.
I don't want to be able to ever say "I know what you're going through".
Katie and Buck, yesterday while on vacation in Santa Fe, I prayed all day for you both. Last night, the praying never stopped, God is so good to awaken me just to pray for you then puts me back into slumber.
This morning I am up praying for you both.
See? He has to feel how much strength there is in prayer.
I know I feel much better holding the two of you up to Him.
It helps me through my day.
Bless you both and don't forget...
We're not done here...
All of us are praying and it's our blessing to do that...
Thank you for coming in and telling us a report.
I will pray for the strength of all concerned.

Thanks for the report, Katie. You will know what to say when the moment arrives.

Prayers continuing all day.

Hugs to you both.

I'm here in the motel, across the street from the hospital, and am about to go back to be with Buck.

Supposed to meet with the doctors this morning to see how to tell Buck about his condition. Please pray that I have strength.

The last several days have been the most stressful of my life.

I'd like to tell you all more, but I have to scoot. Buck needs me.

Thank you all for your love and prayers. I can't tell you how much it means to Buck and me.

It's so good to 'hear your voice' again and so generous hearted of you to try to send news in the midst of all your stress and heartache.
May you both be born up and strengthened by the tidal wave of loving support that has been expressed here.

We have lived this, and my heart goes out to both Katie and Buck. Being relatively new to DC, I don't have the relationship that many of you do with these folks, but the outpouring of support is a testimonial to their being wonderful people. I do pray that God will take care of you both.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[K&B]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

I am so very very sorry....

You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Have strength during this most difficult of times.

Love, J

Last edited:
Oh Katie, it was so good to see your note. I was awake and praying about the time you sent it. As with the past couple of days I know I will find that know matter what I am doing my heart will be with the two of you in love and prayer.

Katie, please know you and Buck are in my thoughts...I am so sorry to hear of all this, it is really just beyond me, I am speechless.

love to you both,
Jon

I just spoke with Katie a few minutes ago. She wants everyone to know how very much she and Buck appreciate everything everyone here is doing for them. She said I could go ahead and give you the latest update. It is not looking good, she said. On top of the liver and kidney issues there could be some cancer. They are getting ready to move him to a hospital in Nashville.

Please keep praying everyone. And if you are able, please check out the other thread for how you can help financially. It breaks my heart to see them go through this. Even though I know Katie's heart is full of sorrow right now, she sounded so strong on the phone. I know she is being strong for her dear husband. I am praying for strength for both of them.

Barbara

Thank you for posting this update, Barbara. It breaks my heart to hear this but perhaps a hospital that specializes in complex illnesses can offer them more hope for getting Buck well. That's what I'll be praying for.

I just spoke with Katie a few minutes ago. She wants everyone to know how very much she and Buck appreciate everything everyone here is doing for them. She said I could go ahead and give you the latest update. It is not looking good, she said. On top of the liver and kidney issues there could be some cancer. They are getting ready to move him to a hospital in Nashville.

Please keep praying everyone. And if you are able, please check out the other thread for how you can help financially. It breaks my heart to see them go through this. Even though I know Katie's heart is full of sorrow right now, she sounded so strong on the phone. I know she is being strong for her dear husband. I am praying for strength for both of them.

Barbara

thanks for the update, continuing to pray.

Thank you Barbara. While it still isn't the miracle we are looking for, there is peace in knowing what is happening. Prayers are still going up from here!

Back
Top Bottom