Highlight between the brackets to see the "question"........
1. ($400)- A job, especially for a musician...
[ what is a Gig ? ]
2. ($1200)- A very young child, or a small amount of liquor for a Brit ...
[what is a Tot ?]
3. ($2000)- Palindromic breads include India’s Naan and one spelling of this Jewish Sabbath item...
[what is Hallah ? ]
Double JEOPARDY- Contemporaries
4.($800)- While James Watt was getting steamed up in Scotland, she was heating up the
throne in Russia…
[who is Catherine the Great? ]
5. ($2400)- while Montezuma was ruling the Aztecs, this Pole was moving the sun out of
the center of the Universe…
[who is Copernicus? ]
6. ($4000)- In 1850 Hawthorne wrote of Hester Prynne's crime and this Scot opened his
Chicago Detective agency…
[ who is Allan Pinkerton? ]
Final JEOPARDY- Discoverers
In 1497, this Venetian sailing for England became the first European since the Vikings to
reach North America…
[ who is John Cabot (acceptable; Giovanni Cabotto)? ]
“I come from a home where gravy is a beverage.”
― Erma Bombeck